2024 Senate Elections

Ghost of LL

13 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

What is it with carpet-bagging Republicans living in Florida but claiming to live elsewhere when it comes to running for the Senate?  First Tubberville, now this asshole.

image.thumb.png.14aed01c90148853c617ba723fcd6b08.png

Well, given the choice between living in a Florida mansion, and an unheated Michigan fuck-shack, I see his point.

52 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Don’t 

Make

A

Shit

It don’t. But Tester and Brown aren’t having money problems, Gallego is doing fine, the Michigan GOP candidates are broke and even DMP in FL outraised Scott. Texas and FL are the only flip opportunities and money gotta go somewhere. 

What is Allred doing with that cash?

I don’t hear about any campaign events. I don’t see him on TV reminding Texas voters how loathsome is Rafael. I don’t see him working to register voters in the blue areas of this state.

It seems like he’s running a better funded version of Lupe’s attempt at Governor.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3

Yes, it's only April, but cash on hand totals:

Montana:
Tester $12.7m
Sheehy $1.9m

WIsconsin:
Baldwin $10.3m
Hovde $5.3m

Michigan:
Slotkin $8.6m
Rogers $1.4m

Nevada:
Rosen $13.2m
Brown $2.3m

Ohio:
Brown $16.0m
Moreno $1.8m

Arizona:
Gallego $9.6m
Lake $2.5m

Pennsylvania:
Casey $11.9m
McCormick $6.2m

Stop Motion Animation GIF by Mighty Oak

• Hook 'Em 4

Posted (edited)

That's encouraging.  Kari Lake can still equal cash on hand totals if Gallego has the courage to wire-transfer to her what's right.  

Also, her campaign staff does not like it when you refer to her as "tell that Fucking Fake Filtered Failure..."  I thought it was pretty good alliteration, politics aside.

Edited by YGIFS

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

Yes, it's only April, but cash on hand totals:

Montana:
Tester $12.7m
Sheehy $1.9m

WIsconsin:
Baldwin $10.3m
Hovde $5.3m

Michigan:
Slotkin $8.6m
Rogers $1.4m

Nevada:
Rosen $13.2m
Brown $2.3m

Ohio:
Brown $16.0m
Moreno $1.8m

Arizona:
Gallego $9.6m
Lake $2.5m

Pennsylvania:
Casey $11.9m
McCormick $6.2m

Stop Motion Animation GIF by Mighty Oak

The GOP senate candidates this year are so bad. Not a top tier candidate amongst them.   Last cycle they had a few decent people like Laxalt, but nobody redeeming or any good here.

On 4/11/2024 at 11:35 AM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

What is it with carpet-bagging Republicans living in Florida but claiming to live elsewhere when it comes to running for the Senate?  First Tubberville, now this asshole.

image.thumb.png.14aed01c90148853c617ba723fcd6b08.png

Joe Pera finally sold his house.

27 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Announcement from the lake campaign :

John McCain supporters can get the fuck out of Arizona!

Did she really say/post that?  In this timeline, I have to genuinely ask.  

I guess since she stole the makeup off McCain's corpse to wear on the campaign trail and it congealed with her face after all this time...she is done with Sen. McCain and his base?  

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Did she really say/post that?  In this timeline, I have to genuinely ask.  

I guess since she stole the makeup off McCain's corpse to wear on the campaign trail and it congealed with her face after all this time...she is done with Sen. McCain and his base?  

It’s not real ( recently).

But during her governor race while she was running in probably the most purple state in the country at the time,  before starting a rally, she said that all McCain voters or supporters of him need to get the hell out of here.

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Would be great if Allred would, you know,  campaign.

If his stump speech doesn’t improve from “Back when I played in the NFL,” then maybe it’s better to keep him off the trail.  At least in DC he can claim he’s working.  

14 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

If it forces the Republicans to spend more to secure Texas, thus leaving other parts of the country with less money, it do make a shit. 

Lol. The republicans are broke all over. They don't have money to spend. They'll still win, too. 

10 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

He should give a big chunk to Fetterman’s social media team so they can start trolling Cruz.  Allred is an empty suit.  I’d much rather see Jasmine Crockett taking a run at Ted.  She would be attacking Ted from the jump and calling him out on all his stupid shit.  Plus, she fine.

IMG_1581.webp

Love me some Jasmine Crockett, but color me skeptical that Texas will react well to electing a black woman to statewide office. Honestly, a black man is already a stretch. 

• Hook 'Em 2

She wouldn't be able to win anything statewide until 2032/34.  But she's got spine, patriotism, courage, and a lotta brainpower.  

• What makes her lethal though is, she's measured.  She knows she can still continue to grind down the stupids, elevate her district, increase her profile, and then go for bigger office.  She's not in it for the flash, she's in it for the work and to help.  She'll only accrue more power and a broader donor base in the next 8 years and then unleash hell.  I am in awe of her of her passion and she's only just begun.  
  • Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

She wouldn't be able to win anything statewide until 2032/34.  But she's got spine, patriotism, courage, and a lotta brainpower.  

Texas will never elect a black woman to statewide office.  We're busy trying to take our entire legal and governmental system back to pre-Civil War, and you think we'll EVER elect a black woman to anything?  My brother....come on.  

This state is shitty.  It will only get shittier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Texas will never elect a black woman to statewide office.  We're busy trying to take our entire legal and governmental system back to pre-Civil War, and you think we'll EVER elect a black woman to anything?  My brother....come on.  

Now, yes.  Immediate future?  Yes.  8-10 years now?  Who knows what tomorrow will bring? 

In 1992, a little known Black Woman who had been all of Ambassador to New Zealand and Somoa came back to Illinois.  Keep in mind, this was when my home state was just tilting barely left of centre.  Not the solid blue it is today.  Everybody said she had no chance, even her own party.  It was maybe a +2 D state at that point across statewide races/presidential elections as an aggregate.  She won the general by 10% points, not 10 votes, 10% points.  She lost her re-election bid but changed Illinois politics for the next 30+ years.  She obviously had urban voters of color in Chicago supporting her, but working-class Irish and Italian and Polish were gonna be dammed if a black woman would win, despite their solid Democratic voting pattern.  And downstate rural/exurban voters hated her.  But she won anyway by 10% points.  Now, Texas is much more entrenched Red than Illinois was Blue at that time in history.  But history remembers her as they will Rep. Crockett.  John Cornyn will merely be a wikipedia entry when all is said and done.  

Crockett is only going to get more connected, more influential, more money, and more committee power.  Never mind her options on the bench or in a cabinet.  Her story is only just beginning and it helps that she's tenacious, photogenic, and energetic.  Texans will do everything to crush it, but in the end...it's only the epilogue that counts.   

Now, yes.  Immediate future?  Yes.  8-10 years now?  Who knows what tomorrow will bring? 
In 1992, a little known Black Woman who had been all of Ambassador to New Zealand and Somoa came back to Illinois.  Keep in mind, this was when my home state was just tilting barely left of centre.  Not the solid blue it is today.  Everybody said she had no chance, even her own party.  It was maybe a +2 D state at that point across statewide races/presidential elections as an aggregate.  She won the general by 10% points, not 10 votes, 10% points.  She lost her re-election bid but changed Illinois politics for the next 30+ years.  She obviously had urban voters of color in Chicago supporting her, but working-class Irish and Italian and Polish were gonna be dammed if a black woman would win, despite their solid Democratic voting pattern.  And downstate rural/exurban voters hated her.  But she won anyway by 10% points.  Now, Texas is much more entrenched Red than Illinois was Blue at that time in history.  But history remembers her as they will Rep. Crockett.  John Cornyn will merely be a wikipedia entry when all is said and done.  
Crockett is only going to get more connected, more influential, more money, and more committee power.  Never mind her options on the bench or in a cabinet.  Her story is only just beginning and it helps that she's tenacious, photogenic, and energetic.  Texans will do everything to crush it, but in the end...it's only the epilogue that counts.   

Your insane optimism is delightful. Truly marvelous. But still insane. This state is getting MORE racist and misogynist, not less. And it will continue to get worse. For a long, long time.

I agree, it is certainly going to get worse before it gets better.  But this is how it always gone.  A dying regime, or out-of-favor religion, or bygone way of life.  It always lashes out insanely in its waning days.  It's horrific in the short-term, but the good news is that it's predictable.  It's been this way for 6,000 years.  Many will suffer but in the end, the light usually wins.  

The part where you really worry is when Abbott, Patrick, Cruz, et. al. start speaking of being moderate and inclusive and bipartisan.  The Devil never comes as your judge, jury, and executioner.  He comes offering compromise, even optimistic promise.  He comes as your friend.  This current incarnation at least has the decency to be transparent.  When they come as our 'neutral' friends, that's when they hunker down into power for a 1000 years.  These clowns will be gone soon enough, it's what happens next that I am truly worried about.  And we need people like Crockett on that wall.  

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

He's too busy texting me (and anyone else that's ever sent him $5) 8 times a day asking for more money. 

Holy shit this! They must use every $5 they get to hire more people to send texts asking for $5. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I’d elect her. I’d elect her so so fucking hard.

Wait—what’re we talking about?

• Haha 1

Texas electing a sista  lol. 

On 4/17/2024 at 4:24 PM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

If it forces the Republicans to spend more to secure Texas, thus leaving other parts of the country with less money, it do make a shit. 

100% of the GOP money goes to trump.  Cruz isn't getting any national money. 

34 minutes ago, berlinerbaer said:

What are y'all's thoughts on Larry Hogan running for the MD senate seat? Some polls have him ahead of his hypothetical Dem opponents.

Too early. Once it settles on a Dem nominee, the polling will reflect. Popular cross party governors don’t win. Linda Lingle, Phil Bredesen, Steve Bullock, etc 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/18/2024 at 1:04 PM, Brisketexan said:

Your insane optimism is delightful. Truly marvelous. But still insane. This state is getting MORE racist and misogynist, not less. And it will continue to get worse. For a long, long time.

What's your evidence for this opinion?

The record of the entire legislative session, everything filed by our AG in the last several years, our governor’s sole “leadership” being a constant game of “look how big a dick I can be to brown people,” and the fact that all of them are rewarded for that with electoral victory after victory.
Being a piece of shit isn’t punished. It’s rewarded.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Too early. Once it settles on a Dem nominee, the polling will reflect. Popular cross party governors don’t win. Linda Lingle, Phil Bredesen, Steve Bullock, etc 

Agreed.  And I'd still probably trade him for Manchin given how frequently Manchin fucked the Dems.

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The record of the entire legislative session, everything filed by our AG in the last several years, our governor’s sole “leadership” being a constant game of “look how big a dick I can be to brown people,” and the fact that all of them are rewarded for that with electoral victory after victory.

If your interpretation of these events is correct, that would seem to prove that the Republican party is getting more racist and misogynistic, not the state of Texas.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Much like most of our cautious optimism for the 2024 elections, recent elections. GOP has gerrymandered and won big. Tim Dunn has successfully primaried republicans that stand in his way. History. 

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Just say “the last 30 years.”

2 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

If your interpretation of these events is correct, that would seem to prove that the Republican party is getting more racist and misogynistic, not the state of Texas.

They’reTheSamePicture.gif. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Or the Texas gop is finally getting inline with the soul of its constituents. 

• Hook 'Em 1

They’reTheSamePicture.gif. 

This. The GQP is going full evil overlord. And instead of facing electoral consequences, it is rewarded.

We are an evil, shit state, dominated by evil shit people. Sure, there are plenty of good Texans. But as long as the GQP has us locked up at 50%+1 (which will continue for at least another generation, likely longer as political migration shakes out), we don’t matter. At all. There is zero impulse to govern Texas for all Texans. The only thing that matters isn’t even rewarding their side, it’s hurting and punishing the other side. The only metric of success is “destruction and cruelty inflicted.” And this GQP, supported by a majority of Texans, is wildly successful.

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This. The GQP is going full evil overlord. And instead of facing electoral consequences, it is rewarded.

We are an evil, shit state, dominated by evil shit people. Sure, there are plenty of good Texans. But as long as the GQP has us locked up at 50%+1 (which will continue for at least another generation, likely longer as political migration shakes out), we don’t matter. At all. There is zero impulse to govern Texas for all Texans. The only thing that matters isn’t even rewarding their side, it’s hurting and punishing the other side. The only metric of success is “destruction and cruelty inflicted.” And this GQP, supported by a majority of Texans, is wildly successful.

You keep talking about the evil GQP, but the statement that I took issue with was "This state is getting MORE racist and misogynist, not less."

I simply don't believe that is much evidence for that assertion.

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

You keep talking about the evil GQP, but the statement that I took issue with was "This state is getting MORE racist and misogynist, not less."

I simply don't believe that is much evidence for that assertion.

The state GOP owns this state. It’s implementing highly unpopular laws, racist laws, laws that relegate women to second class citizens without body autonomy, and they’re winning elections. They are the state of Texas and they are implementing racist and misogynistic laws, and they’re getting re elected. Given that, how is the state NOT getting more racist and misogynistic? 

Edited by SydneyCarton