2023 Texas Coaching and Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

20 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

I hate when Chip is some what correct cause I hate him and don’t think he should be allowed anywhere near the team. 

Defensive coaches say Worthy the drama Queen was created and Marion and Sark did a terrible job managing him and played a big part in his ego and effort issues. The WR as a whole wasn’t managed very well. Marion is excellent on the chalk board and can teach the position but he was way to caught up in 1. Being more friend than coach and 2. Promoting himself. 

Coleman was better for the actual WR room, just was a deadman walking on the recruiting side of things. 

I really appreciate the color commentary you've been able to provide here. Just an A+ poster since you've joined. Thats all.

• Hook 'Em 5

36 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

I hate when Chip is some what correct cause I hate him and don’t think he should be allowed anywhere near the team. 

Defensive coaches say Worthy the drama Queen was created and Marion and Sark did a terrible job managing him and played a big part in his ego and effort issues. The WR as a whole wasn’t managed very well. Marion is excellent on the chalk board and can teach the position but he was way to caught up in 1. Being more friend than coach and 2. Promoting himself. 

Coleman was better for the actual WR room, just was a deadman walking on the recruiting side of things. 

That jibes with what Gerry Hamilton alluded to on the IT live cast Tuesday. He said that in the NIL/Portal era, one of the primary duties of a position coach is “keeping control of your room,” and insinuated that Marion had failed on that front last year. 

I’ll echo @bornandraised here as well. Appreciate the intel. It may be complete bullshit, but none of it sounds crazy to me. Thanks

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

That jibes with what Gerry Hamilton alluded to on the IT live cast Tuesday. He said that in the NIL/Portal era, one of the primary duties of a position coach is “keeping control of your room,” and insinuated that Marion had failed on that front last year. 

I’ll echo @bornandraised here as well. Appreciate the intel. It may be complete bullshit, but none of it sounds crazy to me. Thanks

The WR room regressed... it was one of Coach Marion's primary responsibilities so to me he shoulders most of the blame.

Sure hope Sark gets the next WR coach hire right... it's critical for next season.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just catching up on the thread, and I don't give as much of a shit about the WR coach as I do Patterson potentially leaving. 

Going full PK on our defense again will be traumatic and disastrous.  If the smoke about the Patterson/PK dynamic is true (which I choose to believe) then we're proper fucked on defense next year without somebody in PK's ear saying "Hey dumbfuck!  Make sure someone is covering their WRs within 15 fucking yards or they're just going to easily march up and down the field on us while you rub your nipples!" 

My liver can't handle any more of that shit.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, Darth Tron said:

If the smoke about the Patterson/PK dynamic is true (which I choose to believe) then we're proper fucked on defense next year without somebody in PK's ear saying "Hey dumbfuck!  Make sure someone is covering their WRs within 15 fucking yards or they're just going to easily march up and down the field on us while you rub your nipples!" 

I attended every game home and away this past year and not once did I ever see Patterson say a word to PK during a game. Maybe they conversed during halftime or whatever, but Patterson was usually standing 20 yards away doing his own thing without a headset.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I attended every game home and away this past year and not once did I ever see Patterson say a word to PK during a game. Maybe they conversed during halftime or whatever, but Patterson was usually standing 20 yards away doing his own thing without a headset.

I guess I'm just referring to the other posts indicating that Patterson's fingerprints were on our more successful defensive outings.  My example was hyperbole, but supposedly something like that conversation (minus the nipple rubbing) occurred during planning and practicing.

Just now, Darth Tron said:

I guess I'm just referring to the other posts indicating that Patterson's fingerprints were on our more successful defensive outings.  My example was hyperbole, but supposedly something like that conversation (minus the nipple rubbing) occurred during planning and practicing.

Gotcha. Guess we might find out this year.

We knew the narrative all of last year would be every successful part of the defense would be credited to Patterson and every non-successful part would be credited to the DC.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

This is why I really want to hire Tee Martin or Wiggins from Alabama. I know people on the board are worried about recruiting or other stuff with those two but im  not worried about recruiting at Texas. I want somebody to walk into that room on day one and be able to say I’ve coached multiple NFL picks/pro guys. I’ve handled the ego of a room full of studs. Get in line and and join the list of guys who are getting paid real money, or bullshit and watch you ruin yourself. Also they need some real competition in that room. Cook coming in and pushing for legit PT or the transfer WR coming in would do wonders for that room. Whit gotta be more vocal. He a lead by example guy. That room needs a vocal leader. Bad. Somebody who you fear might smack somebody for getting to far out of line. With Quinn being so quiet there was just a large leadership vacuum. Only so much Ro and Bijan could do. 

Wasn't Tee Martin considered a really damn good recruiter when he was in the college game?

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Like 1