Formula 1 2023

Anton Chigurh

8 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Insane rumors around the paddock:

Stroll sold Aston Martin team and Alanso is leaving
Riccardo to RB
Sainz leaving Ferrari

Wonder which one is legit. End of the season is going to get wild.

Also rumor of Alonso to RBR. Wouldn't surprise me though if he went back to Ferrari, IF the AM sale rumor is true. If the sale were to Andretti though, I think he'd stay.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, texas08 said:

Equivalent to Mexico losing to other teams in the 4th game of a World Cup.

Same feeling.

FIFY.

La Tri haven't got to the "5th game" (or the quarterfinals) since hosting in 1986. Matter of fact, I wonder who beat them in their 4th game in 2002? Does anyone remember?

Wild rumor I read just now ... that Toyota are considering buying the Sauber entry from Audi with help from McLaren and will supply McClaren with engines from 2026 onward. Kobayashi will manage the Toyota team with 2 Japanese drivers.

Rumors that Audi wants out as some new brass are not interested

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, wood said:

Wild rumor I read just now ... that Toyota are considering buying the Sauber entry from Audi with help from McLaren and will supply McClaren with engines from 2026 onward. Kobayashi will manage the Toyota team with 2 Japanese drivers.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, wood said:

Almost as crazy as:

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Why would Red Bull want someone who is at least moderately competitive with Max? Lots of reasons.

Yeah I think they realize Mercedes is coming and would love to have a guy scooping up maximum points like Alonso would ... but we'll see.

Oh, and there's a helluva lot of room in between where their #2 is now and 'destabilizing Max'.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, wood said:

I require this to be true. 

• Haha 2

Lewis has had a very good year, especially where the car was at the start of the season.   Checo should still be beating them though.  He's wrecked twice in a row now doing stupid shit in corners.  Things that even Lance Stroll doesn't try regularly.

Edited by kevwun

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Say Lewis takes second in the WDC...

Would you be more likely to say that Lewis won second or that Perez lost second?

that's the easiest answer ever.

image.thumb.png.1d1198799b6911cf648c9a5177ab3bf5.png

you have a car that has more than 2x as many points as the next constructor. Perez absolutely lost it

image.thumb.png.296808f311c97a744ea017773aaf098d.png

since Miami Hamilton has 29 more points in a significantly worse car.

Lewis has driven like his hair was on fire. just an incredible season. but Sergio was in a much better car and will have lost it in my book

Checo needs to be jettisoned into the sun. especially after Mexico where he couldn't be patient enough in TURN ONE of his HOME RACE?! despite being in a battle to the death for 2nd place in WCC?

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

Checo not hanging onto 2nd would be a more epic fuck up than someone else winning 2nd.

That being said, it's damn impressive what Lewis has done in that car holding off a strong "midfield" (I suppose everything not RB is midfield this year). At any given point this year, Ferrari, McLaren, or AM had a better single lap car than Merc and often by a good margin. But come race day, Lewis outperformed what it looked like his car could do - Qatar withstanding and with a DSQ in Austin to boot.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Max blew by 2 Ferraris in the first lap and then pulled away and cruised for the rest of the race.  If he hadn't been saving his tires, he would have kept pulling away for the rest of it.  There are some tracks where the advantage is less than that though.

It looked like checo was going to blow by too but some of that could have been braking way later than would have been successful even if he didn’t turn in on a scuderia. That was a crazy start for both cars.

Edit: I guess that does make the point that the red Bull is that damn fast if even checo can do it. Damn, I’ve been pulling for th guy but this is pretty indefensible.

4 minutes ago, wood said:

Wow. How do people make this much money?

Dunno, but I've warned the wife if we ever get to the point where we have a house that has a spare room, I'm immediately getting one of these:

Book a driving experience on the Playseat©| Red Bull Ring

And one of these:

How to Set up a Flight Simulator at Home - Make Tech Easier | Flight  simulator cockpit, Flight simulator, Microsoft flight simulator

"Are you coming to bed?"
"Not now honey, I'm about to take off on the red-eye from LAX to Hong Kong. I'll see you in the morning.

32 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Dunno, but I've warned the wife if we ever get to the point where we have a house that has a spare room, I'm immediately getting one of these

"Are you coming to bed?"
"Not now honey, I'm about to take off on the red-eye from LAX to Hong Kong. I'll see you in the morning.

It's a basic version just like the one below, but probably 10 years ago I picked up a Playseat from a guy on craigslist. Almost new and in perfect condition, but I guess he had nop idea how much it was worth. He was asking $50 and I'd have felt guilty trying to talk him down, so I said "Here, take my money!!!" Even now the same seat is almost $400 on amazon.

Four hundred dollars :austinpowers:

My 17 yo & 19 yo still wear the shit outta that thing, and my 19 yo is actually pretty quick & wins a lot online. They should prolly make a stupid movie about him. /csb

51Yp9ZOHGnL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp

Edited by wood

So in the last 2 days ...

- Toyota/McLaren taking over for Audi at Sauber

- Perez retiring

- Sainz leaving Ferrari

- Alonso retiring

- F1 not returning to Mexico City

- Alonso / Checo swap

- AM sold to Aramco

- F1 sold to Saudis

Did I miss anything?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, wood said:

So in the last 2 days ...

- Toyota/McLaren taking over for Audi at Sauber

- Perez retiring

- Sainz leaving Ferrari

- Alonso retiring

- F1 not returning to Mexico City

- Alonso / Checo swap

- AM sold to Aramco

- F1 sold to Saudis

Did I miss anything?

Brawn gets released on Hulu this month and it looks awesome. 

• Like 2

So made it El Gran Premio in CDMX.
Was a cool weekend. The race weekend was great. Got to walk the paddock. Saw Danica, Charles mexican girlfriend, Hulkenberg, Helmut, Papa de Chrco, Horner, Mexican Indy Car Mclaren Driver Pato Oward, some mexican fox guys and other cool shit. Supposedly one of the guys with Marko owns part of Red Bull. Checo crashing was a buzz kill. MFers started leaving early and getting hammered in the tents. Heard fights broke out but never saw any. Red flag restart was nice to see at keast. Max has a rocket in his ass. Those leads were crazy. He coulda stopped and grabbed a taco and modelo and still easily won. CDMX is a fun city. Ran into the redbull crew at a late dinner on sat. They were drinking but didnt get hammered. They did leave kinda late.. but was told those cheap fucks left an $800 peso tip on a $30k peso bill…CSB
Viva mexico

00cda53b30c34fb3b0dbf40620017923.jpg
135c252c1c87a5211aa9e374a46552fa.jpg
b217cf451f07a385cabee0c2c21bff1e.jpg
87497f83a7461d5267448f3626aeea6c.jpg
9fc3064efb07845576d026a9b9af0a77.jpg
ecc337751ee5b15e0b7232887b78bee9.jpg
3dac9de7d1db3fab6ba2ed676684bbd6.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2