Formula 1 2023

Anton Chigurh

Amusing when the Sky team calls out-- fans keep saying "how hard is it to stay in the white lines" and then the drivers point out the problems.

No.  It's quite simple.

Consistent enforcement of and punishment of track limits violations, will ensure driver respect for the track limits.  These are (mostly) the best drivers in the world, they're failing on track limits because they intend to do so.  Punish them, enforce the limits consistently week after week and month after month, and the problem goes away.

Or, alternatively, move to my own personal preference of lava runoffs beyond every white line.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I just don’t understand why some people still prefer the regular format over a sprint weekend, particularly now that they separated the qualifiers. Do they really miss 2 practice sessions, especially when they have been replaced by something meaningful?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I just don’t understand why some people still prefer the regular format over a sprint weekend, particularly now that they separated the qualifiers. Do they really miss 2 practice sessions, especially when they have been replaced by something meaningful?

Might have been the best pure racing of the season. 

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

I’m much more on board with sprints now that we have separate qualifying and the sprint doesn’t affect starting position in the real race. I think last year’s format was a real issue. This is much better. 

• Like 2

On 6/30/2023 at 10:23 AM, PittsburghTiger said:

Didn’t Mercedes start working two years before everyone else on the last major engine, the hybrid?

I will read that link but, at first glance my initial reaction is that Hamilton is showing an incredible lack of awareness.

I dunno when Merc started working on the 2014 I.C.E. and the MGU-K, but those items weren't where their big advantage came from. What set Merc's PU apart was their MGU-H tech. They  had apparently already been working on MGU-H technology since at least as early as 2007. They knew they had a huge lead in that tech, so of course Brawn pushed hard for the new PU to have an MGU-H. 

But that's not what Lewis is talking about in this case, afaik. He's talking about the advantage RBR has this season, where they'll be able to stop developing their current car early, shifting full focus to next year's car before some other teams do. Every team with a dominant enough car has always enjoyed and utilized this advantage, including several years when Merc was dominant, so it's kinda funny. There's also another side effect. The lower-ranking teams in the WCC tend to abandon current car development sooner than anyone, to move on to next year's car, so the kind of thing Lewis is talking about would actually also hamper those teams' chances to make any headway by starting early on the next car.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, elfenix said:

My kid described that one to me. I don't wanna see it. Sounds so awful. Got dammit. Some of the F1 drivers have spoken out again about the way that area spits crashed cars back out onto the track, too. I doubt we've heard the end of it. 

7 hours ago, wood said:

But that's not what Lewis is talking about in this case, afaik. He's talking about the advantage RBR has this season, where they'll be able to stop developing their current car early, shifting full focus to next year's car before some other teams do. Every team with a dominant enough car has always enjoyed and utilized this advantage, including several years when Merc was dominant, so it's kinda funny. There's also another side effect. The lower-ranking teams in the WCC tend to abandon current car development sooner than anyone, to move on to next year's car, so the kind of thing Lewis is talking about would actually also hamper those teams' chances to make any headway by starting early on the next car.

tl/dr Hamilton is a spoiled little bitch

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, NoName said:

Complain more you bitch. Wouldn't the GOAT be able to out break a red bull on 20 lap older tires?

Fuck off Lewis.

But it's not his fault, it's the car! It won't stay between the lines! It has a mind of it's own!  BTW, everybody else is breaking track limits!

Just now, RPM said:

But it's not his fault, it's the car! It won't stay between the lines! It has a mind of it's own!  BTW, everybody else is breaking track limits!

The car won't turn!

The car is slow!

The car can't break!

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

Wonder if he would have pushed to pit if it was say Norris who had fastest lap vs Checo 

Congrats on the podium, Checo. Wonderful race. How did it feel when your team ripped the rug out from under you?

3 minutes ago, RPM said:

Congrats on the podium, Checo. Wonderful race. How did it feel when your team ripped the rug out from under you?

2 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

100%

I mean, yeah. Hacking off the teammate whose honestly significantly better than you and the championship leader who has won two in a row is certainly a bold choice, Cotton. Add in how incredibly petty Max is and you have a poor decision magnified by about ten million.

Checo had the opportunity to make a zillion dollars in the best car on the grid and be a BOT to Max's HAM but couldn't do it and almost guaranteed they go another direction at the first opportunity.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wood said:

I dunno when Merc started working on the 2014 I.C.E. and the MGU-K, but those items weren't where their big advantage came from. What set Merc's PU apart was their MGU-H tech. They  had apparently already been working on MGU-H technology since at least as early as 2007. They knew they had a huge lead in that tech, so of course Brawn pushed hard for the new PU to have an MGU-H. 

That’s what I was thinking about.

• Like 1