#2 Texas vs #17 Illinois 6pm on ESPN - Game Day!

KingBobo81

7 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Illinois has better defense and offense than any other opponent Texas has played. 

But they turn it over and foul way more as well. 

If Mayer hadn't gotten unbelievably hot for the first time this season I don't think you'd be able to say that. They're not really running an offense. They're simply making shots. Which still counts, but it's not exactly sustainable from game to game.

We're not getting as much going in transition off turnovers as I thought we would. Definitely credit goes to Illinois. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, SL Xpress said:

But they turn it over and foul way more as well. 

If Mayer hadn't gotten unbelievably hot for the first time this season I don't think you'd be able to say that. They're not really running an offense. They're simply making shots. Which still counts, but it's not exactly sustainable from game to game.

We're not getting as much going in transition off turnovers as I thought we would. Definitely credit goes to Illinois. 

100%. 6-6 Mayer is what’s keeping them in this game and we are playing bad 

Just now, Js1 said:

Really doubt we play much worse and only down 3

This club has multiple people who can drive and shoot and big guys we cannot match up with.  When we don’t get a free guy rolling to the basket or fast break spot up our shots are contested with length.  It’s as much to do with them as us. 

1 minute ago, Horn80 said:

Texas lacking a big man is concerning.

Not really. Dainja has 8 points and 3 TOs. He should probably have 5 TOs. The best big man in college basketball played ok against us but below his best. Our switching, crashing, and closing of passing lanes makes it really hard on bigs.

If a big man gets position it doesn’t matter what size his defender is. And with the way the game is called even having a big defender isn’t going to stop a big from getting position.

Force TOs and force kick outs.