Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

3 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Probably. There's history there and it's a place that could have a very intimidating atmosphere if the right coach came along and breathed some life back into that program. Imagine the Big 12 today if Okie State basketball hadn't collapsed.

What’s more intimidating to young black dudes than mouth breathing frat boys with confederate doo rags?

Chris Beard did this shit to himself. It wasn’t Texas officials who put him in a jump suit and gave him a public perp walk. Canning his ass for embarrassing the university during the middle of a bunch of lawyer PR mucky muck shouldn’t be second guessed.  Guy was a poison pill the minute his mugshot hit the television screen.  Saying Texas should’ve waited out the process and then bemoaning the firing due to the recant from the victim is asinine to me. 

Sucks that he gets to skate and Texas suffers for it. But I’d rather have Rodney Terry lead us into the wilderness than somehow try to justify rooting for a team that kept Beard on board in the name of winning. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, MrX said:

Guy was a poison pill the minute his mugshot hit the television screen.

except that he’s currently couching in the conference we’re about to join and all anyone is doing is praising him for his coaching job. nobody is talking about that time he wasn’t charged with a crime. excerpt for us, here in this thread.

20 minutes ago, MrX said:

Saying Texas should’ve waited out the process and then bemoaning the firing due to the recant from the victim is asinine to me. 

waiting to see if an accused person is innocent or guilty before firing them is asinine to you? also, you’re playing it pretty fast and loose with the term “victim” here. if i come smack you in the face and you hit me back, does that make me your victim? if i call the cops when this happens, should you lose your job? i mean obviously you think so, but i disagree.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

except that he’s currently couching in the conference we’re about to join and all anyone is doing is praising him for his coaching job. nobody is talking about that time he wasn’t charged with a crime. excerpt for us, here in this thread.

waiting to see if an accused person is innocent or guilty before firing them is asinine to you? also, you’re playing it pretty fast and loose with the term “victim” here. if i come smack you in the face and you hit me back, does that make me your victim? if i call the cops when this happens, should you lose your job? i mean obviously you think so, but i disagree.

I meant poison pill for Texas to ever retain him. Obviously he was going to get another job and probably succeed based on his track record.  And it was only ever going to remain a story IF Texas kept him (and for the love of crap I don’t care about “optics”). 

It’s not innocence/guilt that drives the analysis because that implicates reasonable doubt and what a DA can prove.  In the eyes of the law Chris Beard is innocent of the charges initially brought against him. But getting himself into the situation in the first place—and the results of that decision—while at your dream job and having your program on the rise and in the national spotlight?  Adios, and deservedly so.   

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

It's what I'm rooting for. I'm an incredibly petty person who enjoys rooting for former head coaches from Texas to fail. Or at least not to exceed whatever accomplishments they earned at Texas. I get a certain amount of pleasure from it. Chris Beard is a personal nightmare, since some kind of meltdown is about the only way I foresee his career going sideways. 

100% this

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

if i come smack you in the face and you hit me back, does that make me your victim? if i call the cops when this happens, should you lose your job? i mean obviously you think so, but i disagree.

When you're a 5'10" chick and the other combatant is a 6'6" guy?  "Victim" or not, it's a really bad move unless a deadly weapon was being brandished.  Were you raised in a cave?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

When you're a 5'10" chick and the other combatant is a 6'6" guy?  "Victim" or not, it's a really bad move unless a deadly weapon was being brandished.  Were you raised in a cave?

I like Derka a lot, but he's gone hard in the paint on the "why can't men hit women back?" argument ever since I've known him.

Edited by aggie08

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I like Derka a lot, but he's gone hard in the paint on the "why can't men hit women back?" argument ever since I've known him.

another mischaracterization of what i’ve said. it’s simple: he’s not her abuser; stop calling him that. 

also, since you’ve known me? you (erroneously) believe i’ve been in favor of hitting women for 15+ years now? lol wut.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

When Buzz is fired, it won't shock me if your school went after Beard with broad support from your fans and alumni. 

1) As others have said, A&M would be a lateral move, at best.

2) You're absolutely right: A&M would target him. And, if they did, I'm sure you'd be able to go over to texags and read how tu is full of woke sjw's who "believe women" and got suckered by the "Me too" movement.....in case you were still wondering if UT made the right decision.

also since everyone is so fascinated with my totally fair and reasonable take, almost 20 years ago i was falsely accused of rape. and not even by the girl i slept with, but by her friend who didn’t like the fact that we’d slept together. it took all of five seconds to prove that it was as all bullshit, but yeah, ever since then i’ve taken this false allegation stuff pretty seriously.

being cavalier about this stuff is extremely fucked up, and yet in so many of your eyes i’m the asshole for simply pointing out the truth about beard and whether or not he was his gf’s abuser. he already fucked up by putting his hands on her, and he lost his dream job because of it. you don’t have to invent an extra heinous false narrative on top of it just to feel good about yourself.

because again- if you switch their genders, he is 100% the victim on that night. that might be a fact that you don’t want to live with, but it’s a fact nonetheless.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

another mischaracterization of what i’ve said. it’s simple: he’s not her abuser; stop calling him that. 

also, since you’ve known me? you (erroneously) believe i’ve been in favor of hitting women for 15+ years now? lol wut.

I didn't call him her abuser. I was responding to the hypothetical that you gave jimmyjazz.

Let's just say that you don't agree with the "there's never an excuse to hit a woman" standard. Or, at least the freedom that that expectation gives some women to act out, knowing their male partner won't do anything. You've absolutely said as much.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

1) As others have said, A&M would be a lateral move, at best.

2) You're absolutely right: A&M would target him. And, if they did, I'm sure you'd be able to go over to texags and read how tu is full of woke sjw's who "believe women" and got suckered by the "Me too" movement.....in case you were still wondering if UT made the right decision.

it’s wild how none of y’all ever says anything about randi trew or what she deserves? the disconnect here is almost hard to watch. y’all are sooooo high and mighty about what a POS chris beard is for putting his hands on her, but she put her hands on him first. she was drunkenly harassing him all night. she has a history of being an abusive person. why is she only spoken of as a victim by everyone here? spoiler: it’s literally because she lacks any chromosome. that’s it.

how do you reconcile your vehement assertions that chris beard is a violent abuser who 100% deserved to lose his job, all while white knighting the drunken psycho who is responsible for the entire fight (a woman who had already lost her own coaching job due to her abusive behavior no less)?  you say “woke” derisively, and yet that’s exactly what it is. she’s a woman, so she can only be a victim and cannot be anything else, including violent, abusive, an alcoholic, and the instigator of the entire fight. you all have managed to turn fitlump’s trashy, violent, alcoholic cousin into princess diana out of your desire to be seen as moral and virtuous. it really is astounding, and anyone mocks it is right in doing so.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I didn't call him her abuser. I was responding to the hypothetical that you gave jimmyjazz.

Let's just say that you don't agree with the "there's never an excuse to hit a woman" standard. Or, at least the freedom that that expectation gives some women to act out, knowing their male partner won't do anything. You've absolutely said as much.

lol of course i’ve said as much, and i will continue to do so. i’m in the radical camp that says, “everybody keep your hands off of everybody.” i’m exactly as in favor of men hitting women as i am in favor of women hitting men: 0%. but if you hit someone and they hit you back, you can’t expect to be some blameless victim, because by definition you aren’t that. i’m 100% comfortable in feeling this way, and anyone who wants to radicalize this stance is most definitely “woke”, used in the pejorative.

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

it’s wild how none of y’all ever says anything about randi trew or what she deserves? the disconnect here is almost hard to watch. y’all are sooooo high and mighty about what a POS chris beard is for putting his hands on her, but she put her hands on him first. she was drunkenly harassing him all night. she has a history of being an abusive person. why is she only spoken of as a victim by everyone here? spoiler: it’s literally because she lacks any chromosome. that’s it.

how do you reconcile your vehement assertions that chris beard is a violent abuser who 100% deserved to lose his job, all while white knighting the drunken psycho who is responsible for the entire fight (a woman who had already lost her own coaching job due to her abusive behavior no less)?  you say “woke” derisively, and yet that’s exactly what it is. she’s a woman, so she can only be a victim and cannot be anything else, including violent, abusive, an alcoholic, and the instigator of the entire fight. you all have managed to turn fitlump’s trashy, violent, alcoholic cousin into princess diana out of your desire to be seen as moral and virtuous. it really is astounding, and anyone mocks it is right in doing so.

You're ridiculous, dude. I've done nothing but call them BOTH crazy, drama queen bitches who have done nothing but enable each other in a shitty, mutually destructive relationship.

You read what you want to read sometimes.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

You're ridiculous, dude. I've done nothing but call them BOTH crazy, drama queen bitches who have done nothing but enable each other in a shitty, mutually destructive relationship.

You read what you want to read sometimes.

this is damn near verbatim what i’ve said about the both of them as well. notice my liberal use of the word “y’all” throughout the post you quoted. yes i quoted you but i am replying to this thread, where the general consensus is that we have an abuser and a victim here, cut and dry. 

35 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

also since everyone is so fascinated with my totally fair and reasonable take, almost 20 years ago i was falsely accused of rape. and not even by the girl i slept with, but by her friend who didn’t like the fact that we’d slept together. it took all of five seconds to prove that it was as all bullshit, but yeah, ever since then i’ve taken this false allegation stuff pretty seriously.

That sucks dude, seriously. But you have to understand that, for every situation like this, there are 10 women who are assaulted or abused who are too terrified to go to the police out of shame or fear of their lives being torn apart and being called liars or sluts or drunks.

I honestly don't know what the answer is. It sucks all the way around.

None of this changes that Chris Beard is a fucking moron that put himself in a shitty position because he's likely every bit as batshit as she is and left his university very little options. In my 20's, I can probably imagine a far-fetched scenario of finding myself locked in a relationship that possibly could have resulted in a police visit over some stupid fight. Once I had real responsibilities? Never. Dude likes the drama, which doesn't bode well for a long term leadership role.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

None of this changes that Chris Beard is a fucking moron that put himself in a shitty position because he's likely every bit as batshit as she is and left his university very little options. In my 20's, I can probably imagine a far-fetched scenario of finding myself locked in a relationship that possibly could have resulted in a police visit over some stupid fight. Once I had real responsibilities? Never. Dude likes the drama, which doesn't bode well for a long term leadership role.

no arguments from me here. as i’ve said, i wish he didn’t lose his job over this, but i understand why Texas did what they did, and you have to say that it was justified. of course i also wish that beard had taken the matter as seriously as he should have, and the fact that he didn’t take it more seriously right away does make him a recidivism risk, which is ultimately why he was indeed fired before the legal process had played out. and again, if UT deems him to be such a risk, i can’t really argue with their ultimate decision. there’s a lot that i wish was different, but it ain’t. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

it’s simple: he’s not her abuser; stop calling him that. 

It's not simple. And your inability to critically think about the situation makes more sense now that you've made it about you and your false rape allegation. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Seems like CB being an alleged POS and woman abuser has affected his employer and his alleged victim much more than him. His career seems to be back on track whereas we're praying for an unlikely tourney bid and who knows what Ms. Trew is up to. At least we got an E8 out of this whole fiasco.

Edited by UTEE97

People are not static beings.  They can evolve.   I don't think he's a huge POS and not predisposed to abuse women.  I think he allowed himself to remain in a bad situation for such a high strung individual.   It indicates poor self-knowledge or inability to manage and resolve conflict.   Those issues don't go away.   Who knows how the rest of his career will go.   But Hookem2147 said it best.   Not being mugshotted in an orange jump suit on game day is a minimum qualification for this job, for better or worse.   Milk is spilled.   Move on.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

Seems like CB being an alleged POS and woman abuser has affected his employer and his alleged victim much more than him. His career seems to be back on track whereas we're praying for an unlikely tourney bid and who knows what Ms. Trew is up to. At least we got an E8 out of this whole fiasco.

I mean isn’t he still with Randi?   

and it’s affected Chris negatively.  He went from living in Austin working at his dream job to playing washers with lane kiffin at some country music bar

texas made out well too.  Got rid of the wife beater and have a coach on the cheap.  If he doesn’t work out he gone. 

17 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

texas made out well too.

oh for sure. we only lost out on decades of winning 75% of our games and multiple titles so that we could hire a career assistant whose biggest accomplishment as UT HC is making the entire program/university/fan base a national punchline. fucking home run for Texas. 🙄 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

oh for sure. we only lost out on decades of winning 75% of our games and multiple titles so that we could hire a career assistant whose biggest accomplishment as UT HC is making the entire program/university/fan base a national punchline. fucking home run for Texas. 🙄 

Rodney will be gone soon enough if this keeps up.  No wife beaters allowed homie.  

16 hours ago, closetohumping said:

I mean isn’t he still with Randi?   

and it’s affected Chris negatively.  He went from living in Austin working at his dream job to playing washers with lane kiffin at some country music bar

texas made out well too.  Got rid of the wife beater and have a coach on the cheap.  If he doesn’t work out he gone. 

I have not seen any reports or any indication from Randi's tweets that she is still with him.

Beard appears to have picked up where he left off at Texas. He is a consummate salesman, so he will be loved by the fans wherever he coaches. He is bringing the same energy at Oxford that made him so popular at Texas, just like he did at tech. Sure it's not the same job with the same perks but it's just a stepping stone to a much bigger job if he can keep his personal life in order.

Texas may have saved some money on the coach's salary but they will lose a lot more in ticket sales, ratings and merchandise revenues, if we can't keep up the same level of performance, so no, Texas didn't make out better.

6 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

I have not seen any reports or any indication from Randi's tweets that she is still with him.

Beard appears to have picked up where he left off at Texas. He is a consummate salesman, so he will be loved by the fans wherever he coaches. He is bringing the same energy at Oxford that made him so popular at Texas, just like he did at tech. Sure it's not the same job with the same perks but it's just a stepping stone to a much bigger job if he can keep his personal life in order.

Texas may have saved some money on the coach's salary but they will lose a lot more in ticket sales, ratings and merchandise revenues, if we can't keep up the same level of performance, so no, Texas didn't make out better.

What’s to keep Texas from rehiring him after he spends the requisite amount time in the penalty box? It’s the Sec. Not a lot of people care about your issues if you can coach.

16 minutes ago, Satchel said:

What’s to keep Texas from rehiring him after he spends the requisite amount time in the penalty box? It’s the Sec. Not a lot of people care about your issues if you can coach.

Never happen.  Move along.

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

we’ll rehire tom penders before we bring back beard.

I’m not so sure about. If Texas’ BB fortunes should take a turn for the worse, the collective passive aggressive pining away for him,  coupled with a softened view of what passes for ethical conduct in the Sec, I wouldn’t rule it out.

I haven't watched 1 second of Ole Miss basketball, but looking at their schedule, they're about 15  points away from being a .500 team.

1 point win vs Detroit Mercy

3 point win vs Sam Houston

1 point win vs Temple

3 point win vs Memphis

2 point win vs UCF

3 point win vs aggy

4 point win vs MSU

10 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

I haven't watched 1 second of Ole Miss basketball, but looking at their schedule, they're about 15  points away from being a .500 team.

1 point win vs Temple

3 point win vs Memphis

2 point win vs UCF

3 point win vs aggy

4 point win vs MSU

Like 70% of those games were when 2 of their better players hadn't been cleared yet. 

8 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Winning ugly is still winning. 

Texas fans need to accept the fact  that Beard is a legit coach and a shitty person. 

Ole Miss was 15-17, 16-12, 13-19, and 12-21 the 4 seasons prior to Beard. They're 18-3 this year and up 9 on #16 Auburn right now at the half. This might be Beard's best coaching job yet. There's really no denying it at this point, he's a damn good coach. 

It's just unfortunate he also likes to choke women. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

1 point win vs Temple

3 point win vs Memphis

2 point win vs UCF

3 point win vs aggy

4 point win vs MSU

you play to win the game. shaka specialized in losing games he should have won, while beard was/is very good at getting the W one way or another. and with the team he’s been working with, short handed to start the season, lots of transfers, bare cupboard when he took over- i would argue that winning that many close games makes those wins even more impressive. beard is an unbelievable coach.

what’s scary is that their defense sucks. his program is already well ahead of schedule despite his team being incapable of actually playing his system effectively. i mean shit they play with multiple 7-footers on the court at the same time. that remind you of any of his best teams? when he gets the right players to oxford he will have ole miss competing for the conference title(s), if he hasn’t been poached away before that can happen.

What is their best win this year? Texas A&M on the road? Their win against Memphis looks worse by the day. How many wins do they have against teams who would be in the tournament today if the season ended? 1?

Every time they play a surefire tournament team, they lose. I don’t see how they currently have a tournament resume.

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

What is their best win this year? Texas A&M on the road? Their win against Memphis looks worse by the day. How many wins do they have against teams who would be in the tournament today if the season ended? 1?

Every time they play a surefire tournament team, they lose. I don’t see how they currently have a tournament resume.

they beat UCF on the road which is really impressive, especially since they didn’t have their full roster available. they’ve also beaten #31 miss state, #33 florida, and #46 a&m.

8 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

they beat UCF on the road which is really impressive, especially since they didn’t have their full roster available. they’ve also beaten #31 miss state, #33 florida, and #46 a&m.

I forgot about Miss State. Miss State and A&M are all in that 9-10 seed range and Florida is back on the bubble after losing today. UCF ain’t sniffing the tournament despite some impressive wins.

They need to beat a Bama, South Carolina or Kentucky if they want their resume to stand out. Their NET is horrible because of all those close games against the Sam Houston States and Detroit Mercy’s of the world.

Edited by Hookem2147

Arkansas should throw the checkbook at Beard. We are about to be in a conference with them, and it would just about guarantee they would kick our ass every year.  And even when Arky isn't "great" they still support their team and are always in the top of the attendance marks.  Someone like Beard could turn them into a serious power.  

• Hook 'Em 1