Alamo Bowl: Texas vs. Washington - 8pm on ESPN

Pancho

22 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Dorsey trying to cover WRs on zone is comical

The fact we don’t try to throw to any receiver other then one is comical…. Our #3 receiver this year had 4 catches.  Yes Sark is recruiting good receivers still, that won’t last if this trend continues 

Edited by Hook1997
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So, we're losing to a 12 ranked team with a better record when we're probably slightly overrated at 20.

Defense, except for one big lapse, has been balling out and held the most prolific offense in D1 to 13 points and one touchdown.

We're missing a huge chunk of our offense.

I am worried about the future of Quinn Ewers.  I never was sold on the guy because I didn't like the way he got here.  There seemed to be glimpses though.

We aren't overrated we are missing our 2 best players on offense and our 2nd best player on D. 

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

I am worried about the future of Quinn Ewers.  I never was sold on the guy because I didn't like the way he got here.  There seemed to be glimpses though.

Are there? I just lack a good perspective on this. I recall Ehlinget struggling as a Freshman but there being no doubt he was the dude. I don't have that feeling with Quinn, at least not since he returned from his injury. So is he injured? Has he regressed?

Or maybe these are just normal new quarterback struggles and he will be fine.

I don't know. It just sucks right now.

So, we're losing to a 12 ranked team with a better record when we're probably slightly overrated at 20.
Defense, except for one big lapse, has been balling out and held the most prolific offense in D1 to 13 points and one touchdown.
We're missing a huge chunk of our offense.

The last two sentences are the main takeaway, though I’d extend that to the entire passing game - pass catchers, blocking, and scheme/deployment. Ewers has been okay, not great but not terrible. The 4th down miss to Worthy really stings. That was a horrid throw would’ve been a first down deep in Washington territory, and a TD if Worthy shed one tackle. Have to hit that.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

The fact we don’t try to throw to any receiver other then one is comical…. Our #3 receiver this year had 4 catches.  Yes Sark is recruiting good receivers still, that won’t last if this trend continues 

Ewers is 14 for 20. 7 different players have caught a pass. 

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

Ewers is 14 for 20. 7 different players have caught a pass. 

Most of those are check downs and screens. He's barely completed anything meaningful downfield or made a good 2nd or 3rd read for extra yards. 

Granted Worthy fucked up a pretty good deep ball that he threw. 

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Alphie Solomons. said:

Say what you want about the players on the sideline.   I'm pretty confident that they are there to be with their crew for the 'passing of the torch' and are now watching this shitfest and NO ONE ANYWHERE wants Bijan/Rochon in this game more than Bijan/Rochon at this moment and that will be audibly expressed during this halftime break. 

promise you that. 

They may want Texas to win and I suspect they do fervently.  But they don't want to be in the game.  They chose not to play.  If they were injured or barred from playing then that's another story.  If they wanted to play they would be suited up and our run game would at the very least be improved, if not serviceable.

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Are there? I just lack a good perspective on this. I recall Ehlinget struggling as a Freshman but there being no doubt he was the dude. I don't have that feeling with Quinn, at least not since he returned from his injury. So is he injured? Has he regressed?

Or maybe these are just normal new quarterback struggles and he will be fine.

I don't know. It just sucks right now.

I haven't had the feeling Ewers was the guy since he threw that backwards pass toward the ground and just stood there for a split second before going after the ball

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Washington is 106th in the country in rush defense success rate and 91st in defensive opportunity rate (pct of rushes that go for 4+ yards) this is a defensive line that sucks shit through a straw and our o-line hasn't been able to generate any push in the rare times are dumb ass coach has tried to run the ball. Kyle Flood has a great reputation as an o-line coach, but that unit has just got to get a ton better without 5 to bail them out.