Alamo Bowl: Texas vs. Washington - 8pm on ESPN

Pancho

Just now, Bullneck said:

If Patterson stays around we're going to start fucking people up.  Hopefully the offense will get right.  At least we have a tight end.

That game sucked because we were never far enough behind to say "fuck it" and go to bed.  

It's almost like you've never seen sark coach a football game

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I saw a LOT to build on for next year.

Quinn made progress, the OL was awful in the run game, but held up well in the passing game. All the young OL need to get stronger. I think the OL will be fine. Texas was sorely missing Bijan, Roshon, and Overshown. As the drop-off was huge.

The LBs were awful tonight including Ford. We really need our incoming class of LBs to be ready to go. Good thing, most are EEs. Hill and Ford should be starters next year. Secondary looked good for the most part. We need 2 portal WRs, independent of what Worthy does.

• Hook 'Em 2

I'm not surprised we lost by 7 to a pretty good team. Sounds about right with three of our key guys missing. Always annoying to lose, though, and particularly when it was such a winnable game. If we'd made a few more plays on catchable balls, we'd have gotten a huge W. Regardless, I feel way better about Ewers than I did going in.  

• Hook 'Em 5

11 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Very impressed with Washington RB.

Washington should be going for this. We’re going to get to see Worthy drop a deep ball or a TD called back on a hold or some shit.

Washington wanted it tonight.  Their WRs and RBs always showed great 2nd effort.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I saw a LOT to build on for next year.

Me to. But will we? We have seen hopeful things in bowl games turn out to be fool's gold under Herman it is hard to know what to think.

Long off season. Hope they make the most of it.

Disappointing season once again. Hope we can make it to the title game of 14 school Big 12 next year. Hope BYU doesn't have any more one legged QBs.

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Quinn made progress, the OL was awful in the run game, but held up well in the passing game. All the young OL need to get stronger. I think the OL will be fine. Texas was sorely missing Bijan, Roshon, and Overshown. As the drop-off was huge.

The LBs were awful tonight including Ford. We really need our incoming class of LBs to be ready to go. Good thing, most are EEs. Hill and Ford should be starters next year. Secondary looked good for the most part. We need 2 portal WRs, independent of what Worthy does.

I noticed Ford from the very beginning. He's never looked so lost before, constantly looking around and getting his bearings and not ready for the snap. He made some good plays here and there but his head was not in this game.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

If Patterson stays around we're going to start fucking people up.  Hopefully the offense will get right.  At least we have a tight end.

That game sucked because we were never far enough behind to say "fuck it" and go to bed.  

Quinn took the steps he needed to, so let's hope that continues. We need anyone not named Worthy (dude can fuck off), and we get Sanders back, and hopefully J-Whitt. 

The frustrating part of this game (besides worthy drops) was that Sark went away from the teams identity.  We won games by running the ball even when they knew it was coming.  This protects the defense and establishes a tone for the game.  We had Brooks who has proven he can slither his way to 4 yards a carry and occasionally break one.  And we did not feature him.  Instead Sark went with “experience”.   There was a way to do both with each I. Their roles.  Disappointing coaching fail right there. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 2

13 minutes ago, JohnnyLamJones said:

Watch Lincoln Riley turn Worthy into a Heisman winner after he dogged it for soft Suck 

If he leaves here I don't give a damn what he does. But why would he? We gave him tons of targets and touches this year. What does he have to complain about?

1 minute ago, NorthLoop said:

I only saw pennix today but what I saw was nothing special. Duggan is much better based on that. 

Because our defense is no slouch. Penix literally walked into Washington and set their single season passing record. He has a fucked up throwing motion, but he's a fucking dog. 

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I noticed Ford from the very beginning. He's never looked so lost before, constantly looking around and getting his bearings and not ready for the snap. He made some good plays here and there but his head was not in this game.

Played like he had 1 foot in the nfl draft process Imo. 

• Rage+1 2

11 minutes ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

An entire season and add to that extra bowl practices. And Ewers and Worthy still aren't on the same page that last possession. Sark is a fraud. 

I think this is the correct analysis of Worthy/Ewers.  Definitely seems to be a lack of chemistry.  We’ve seen absolute brilliance from Worthy in the past, and we’ve seen drops like he had tonight a lot of the season, but we’ve also seen some serious downfield accuracy issues from Ewers throughout the season.  Maybe, if Worthy sticks around, they can figure it out in the off-season.  And you’ve got to hope Ewers’ shortcomings chalk up to being a freshman, but he will definitely have to improve his accuracy to have any shot of living up to the hype.  He also hit me all season as having a confidence problem

Just now, Huckleberry said:

Maybe he was missing Overshown and was trying to figure out where to put the other LB on the field. Tucker-Dorsey was just destroyed in the passing game. Every big play over the middle was Tucker-Dorsey, but I can understand he's got more important things to worry about right now. It's just that after Overshown and him, it's fucking Jett Bush, Morice Blackwell, and Gbenda. Fuck me, no wonder the middle of the defense was awful all night.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

The frustrating part of this game (besides worthy drops) was that Sark went away from the teams identity.  We won games by running the ball even when they knew it was coming.  This protects the defense and establishes a tone for the game.  We had Brooks who has proven he can slither his way to 4 yards a carry and occasionally break one.  And we did not feature him.  Instead Sark went with “experience”.   There was a way to do both with each I. Their roles.  Disappointing coaching fail right there. 

Did you fucking see us try to run the ball in the 1st half? Sarkisian went away from it because it wasn't working, and then we got down 3 scores because our WRs were dropping 1st downs and TDs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

With O playing he's free to just go after the QB or the ball. Tonight he was the main guy and it showed that it was his first time. 

9 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

And when Ewers possibly is passes and Arch starts next year will I still be a water head?  I’m sorry I thought calling things as you see them was ok here….   You don’t know that what I said won’t be true, just like what you think won’t be true 

You should quit while you're behind.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, austintiger said:

Hire a mediocre coach get mediocre results.  The real problem are the fucking idiots making these coaching hires

Can't disagree. People wonder why the non-revenue sports are so elite...maybe it is because we let the AD and not a bunch of boosters make the coaching hires?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Washington is a good football team. There were some encouraging things tonight. I regained some faith in Ewers despite him taking the bonehead sack. Looking forward to Brooks next running the ball next season. The defense did a decent job against a very good offense. We need to find some receivers and edge rushers in the portal post haste. Things are looking good going into next season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Lets summarize the good:

1) Ewers was on target deep for the first time since Bama

2) Brooks can be a beast

3) Brooks Will be good

4) Ford was finally getting in the way of slants which means coaching corrected errors.

The bad is easily summarized, we have a moron for a head coach.

Cain, Sanders and Whittington showed what they could do when given a chance.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1