NFL Week 18

shadow_operative2.0

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I’d like to see some clips from the last season/game before the face mask penalty became a thing.  

Ha, interesting thought.

Anybody who thinks today's game is violent should watch NFL highlights from the 1960's.   It was against the rules to stab a guy, or shoot him in the face, but that was about it.

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Lots of articles in the last few days about McVay hanging it up after today’s game. Can’t imagine wanting to go out like that (losing season after a SB win.) but he has all those offers as a TV analyst. He seems like a bit of a drama queen but he recently got married and his grandpa died. Also they went all in on FA sort of giving up a lot of first/second round picks. The team is old and if Cupp and Stafford can’t play they’ll be middle of pack again next year…barring more mortgaging of draft picks to acquire FAs.

Coaching that Ram team seems like a 4-5yr project to have any shot at another Superbowl.

McVay can be on TV for awhile and do as well as Romo -- then return to NFL if he gets the right situation again.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

Terrible play by Sam. Terrible. I will take a tiny bit of pleasure if the Texans lose the #1 pick by winning. 

Interesting that the Texans have two early projected 1st Rd picks in 2023... great chance to keep getting better.

Screenshot_20230108-130119_kindlephoto-4414845.thumb.png.a4a61dbe015952b7289964d659f02c61.png

20 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

This is just the kind of game that Belichick and the Pats win, isn't it? All of the emotion on Buffalo's side. Bills with far more talent. And yet the Pats keep grinding away.

It'll be a comeback if they do.

Hell of a play there for another TD

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

Love Sam but the guy doesn’t have NFL starting QB arm talent or decision making ability.

He isn’t exactly the first Meyer/Herman/etc system QB to have that challenge when getting to the league either.

I know we are on a UT message board so I get having the burnt orange glasses for our players but Sam is bad so far. He looks lost on most drives. He's not even close what Colt McCoy. He is not going to last as a career backup like McCoy did.

He's a generic version of Tebow and he didn't last at all, either.

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

28-14 Steelers. Hopefully the Jets can get this win. I think the Bills have their game.

I would rather the Steelers make the playoffs. Tomlin is a great coach. One of the best. Most of the HCs that will be in the playoffs (most not all) are elite. 

Re: Sam. Last year people thought Lawrence was a bust. He got stuck with Urban and then an interim HC. They started off like shit. Then Pederson and Lawrence got them rolling. I don’t think it’s entirely fair to judge Sam based on the fact the team sucks, the OLine sucks, Foles and Ryan have looked terrible as well, they have Jeff fucking Saturday as a HC and when Reich was fired they promptly pulled Sam fro starting after saying he’d start the rest of the season when he was only two games into playing. I have on Sam colored and burnt orange glasses for Sam and he’s played bad and mad some poor decisions today but hopefully a coach that KNOWS all of what I just said will take him on if he’s not a Colt after this year. And no Sam is not Lawrence but he’s far better than people give him credit for. The Colts are a dumpster fire.