2023 Houston Texans Offseason - A Huge #2

The Earl of Texas

Just now, David Dennison said:

A Texans 2024 1st.

And they are going To be awful next year and pick top 5 as well.  No playmakers, nothing special on the line , said certified moron at QB (as a rookie) and a whole bucket of meh on defense. Didn’t see until just now I guess the Texans got 105 from Zona as well?  That makes it slightly less awful I guess. But they probably have up #5 and #68 or something like that next year. 

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

And they are going To be awful next year and pick top 5 as well.  No playmakers, nothing special on the line , said certified moron at QB (as a rookie) and a whole bucket of meh on defense. Didn’t see until just now I guess the Texans got 105 from Zona as well?  That makes it slightly less awful I guess. But they probably have up #5 and #68 or something like that next year. 

Which first round pick did they trade?

So the Cardinals were all in on a LT, Paris. Yeah, no shit. But if you’re dumb, as the Texans are, you don’t understand this. And they gave up way too much.

The Cardinals on the other hand understood they needed to fleece the Texans to be able to move up/retain good draft picks and take Paris. Checkmate Lazy Eye.

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

People were telling me 17 years ago that Wonderlic results were completely worthless, I guess testing technology has really evolved…

4 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

By taking Stroud at 2 they gutted the market for the Cardinals pick, and still gave up a shit ton for it. Who were they bidding against?

Maybe when the dust settles, it will be that NFL teams thought this class was crappy and Anderson was the only player worth a shit?

Tennessee wanted to jump in front of Indy for either Stroud or Levis. They could’ve backed out when Houston took Stroud. Other teams wanted Anderson. We’ll probably never what other offers Arizona was entertaining. Arizona got a good deal on #6 because they were all in on the Illinois CB and Pete Carroll buttfucked that plan, so Detroit had to eject. 

20 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yep, unless we get fleeced again to move back into the 2nd round. Caserio showing he has shitty judgement when it comes to trading picks, just like Casserly did.

It seems like he paid the recent market rate to move up that high, and then everyone else started paying less for their trade ups. This draft is shaping up like the teams don’t value the “top players” as much as the ESPN and mock draft people did. Trying to be glass half full that Anderson was worth it. Bijan, Wilson, Carter, and the top three OTs would’ve been off the board by #12. 

Edited by Murfdogg21

26 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Hah OK give me the objective parameters for ‘massive bust’. Not on any roster in 2025?

#2 pick out of the league in 2 years?  Cmon man- that’s absurd. I don’t think that ever happened even with Tony Mandrich or Ryan Leaf. 
He’s going to average about a 6-11 or 7-10 record when the Texans however many starts that works out to be, and literally nobody will be talking about him as an all pro, a pro bowler, or guy you want QB-ing your team. 
he will suck in short, but not in a historic or unprecedented out of the league in 2 years way man. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I know everyone raves about Anderson, but he didn’t do a lot against Texas and had some other games without much impact. Is he really that good?

The guys who tout everyone as the greatest ever at the top of the draft described him as not a HR but a solid double. Don’t expect double digit sacks they say, maybe 6-8. 

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

#2 pick out of the league in 2 years?  Cmon man- that’s absurd. I don’t think that ever happened even with Tony Mandrich or Ryan Leaf. 
He’s going to average about a 6-11 or 7-10 record when the Texans however many starts that works out to be, and literally nobody will be talking about him as an all pro, a pro bowler, or guy you want QB-ing your team. 
he will suck in short, but not in a historic or unprecedented out of the league in 2 years way man. 

Maybe. Maybe not.

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Hah, dude you said ‘massive’; granted, even JaMarcus Russell made it to year 3….