2023 Houston Texans Offseason - A Huge #2

The Earl of Texas

On 6/2/2023 at 6:01 AM, TonyTexas said:

I know that the spin machine for draft picks are always to be taken with a grain of salt but the early returns on Stroud seem really good. I’m a little bit excited. 

Kid was born to throw a football. Smooth release, makes throwing with zip look very casual, and accurate. Hope he can work all the other pieces out. Seems like a good dude.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Kid was born to throw a football. Smooth release, makes throwing with zip look very casual, and accurate. Hope he can work all the other pieces out. Seems like a good dude.

The only knocks on him coming out of college stemmed from him playing with a bunch of badasses so he was never running for his life and his WRs could get themselves open. No negatives on arm strength, football IQ, accuracy, leadership, character, athletic ability, etc, just “well we haven’t seen him do XYZ yet, though there’s no evidence that he can’t do them either”. Time will tell, and I really like Bryce Young too, but I think CJs a gamer….

Draft capital doesn't win games. I'm glad the front office decided to push in their chips and trust their scouting, which put a franchise grade on Stroud and a generational grade on Anderson Jr. If those grades end up accurate, I'm not gonna miss next year's first rounder when we still have Cleveland's.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, APMP said:

Draft capital doesn't win games. I'm glad the front office decided to push in their chips and trust their scouting, which put a franchise grade on Stroud and a generational grade on Anderson Jr. If those grades end up accurate, I'm not gonna miss next year's first rounder when we still have Cleveland's.

That is a lot of trust given to an organization that is the worst run in the NFL.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I honestly never understood why they just didn't keep the name and be the Tennessee Oilers. It's a better name. Titans is cartoonish.

Just shitty. They changed the name to disassociate from being a bunch of shitty assholes that moved cities but now 20 years down the line they wanna make money off that name.

The "luv ya blue" stuff is abhorrent. That was a Houston-specific thing.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

The "luv ya blue" stuff is abhorrent. That was a Houston-specific thing.

This. Pretty sure I would be over this bullshit already if they hadn't done that. That had to have been straight from Amy "cunt bag" Adams as a purposeful, vindictive, spite stick in the eye to everyone who was a Houston fan of the Oilers.

Edited by Evil Bill Obrien
Fuck Bud & Amy Adams
  • Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

You really think that aggy fuck is the OG?

I guess you’re not a Loophole like I am since that’s his nickname on the show. Best show in Htown. Other than Brad Kellner on the Wheelhouse, Landry Locker is the biggest UT supporter on Houston sports radio and keeps Lopez in line and is nowhere as bad as Lance and John with their slobbing of aggy’s knob with their weekly interviews of Jimbo and Lance adopting them as his team.

34 minutes ago, WBT said:

Lulz, Channel 2 news just ran an interview with the long snapper about the secret to his longevity

This will be Weeks’ 14th season and he’s made $12.5 M so far in his career. Pretty good gig if you can get it.

Edited by TonyTexas

50 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

This will be Weeks’ 14th season and he’s made $12.5 M so far in his career. Pretty good gig if you can get it.

No doubt. He has been perfect at his job. He has never had a bad snap in his career. Texans special teams is top 5 in the league.

• 2 weeks later...