Joe Biden 2023: The Dark Brandon Rises

StassneyHorn

I'm of the belief that whomever is being polled that is liberal or left leaning independent is answering the poll questions as a means of swinging the hammer and making their point that they want someone other than Joe (predominantly because he's a horrible communicator, imo) and/or that they want their pet position to get more action from the Dems in office.  Their tune will change when its a solidified race between Joe and Trump.  They're not staying home, and their not voting for Trump or a 3rd party candidate that will spoil a Biden win.

In other words, I think the polls are accurate in that they reflect what they're being told, not in that they reflect the actual likely vote to be cast by the respondent. 

• Hook 'Em 5

11 minutes ago, Lurch said:

In other words, I think the polls are accurate in that they reflect what they're being told, not in that they reflect the actual likely vote to be cast by the respondent. 

This is a good point. They're supposed to be a snapshot of current feelings, not used to predict something a year from now. 

On 11/7/2023 at 2:35 PM, StassneyHorn said:

When DeSantis reminds people Trump allowed lockdowns to start and Florida refused, its gonna be some fun tv. Bonus points if he uses “Trump’s vaccines.”

Especially since Trump believes he deserves sole credit for the vaccines. Multiple times he bitched that he was responsible for the vaccine happening "at warp speed".

2 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

Nah. Just still processing how many idiots have come out of the woodwork since 2016. Can't wait for the deplorables to go back to not voting post-dotard. 

Reminds me of the stream of people headed down Barton Springs on the way to Freedom Fest back in the day.  I always wondered where most of them hid the other 364 days of the year.

Somebody at TPPF yesterday said he had double-pneumonia but was feeling better, and I laughed.  Not at him directly, but because of the dialogue in "Fantastic Mister Fox" from Wes Anderson.  But either way, I looked like an asshole.  And either way, I didn't give a fuck.  

It's weird to accept later in life that all your education and exposure and knowledge, and all your relationships and networks and influence...that in the end---the most powerful tool you have to effectuate real change in your community and state for your family is to just see what you can do help bad leaders die sooner rather than later.  I mean, come the fuck on, the food supply chain is not that complicated.  Sorry some of y'all's aunts are gonna have to take one for the team but that's a risk we're willing to take.

Joe Biden giving you more money in your pocket. Nobody else

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/taxes-2024-tax-brackets-irs-how-to-see-yours/

The tax agency on Thursday said it's adjusting the tax brackets upwards by 5.4%, relying on a formula based on the consumer price index, which tracks the costs of a basket of goods and services typically bought by consumers. The 2024 limits come after the IRS last year expanded its tax brackets by a historically large 7%, reflecting last year's high inflation.

Tax rate Single filers Married couples filing jointly Head of household
10% $0 up to $11,600 $0-up to $23,200 $0 up to $16,550
12% more than $11,600 up to $47,150 more than $23,200 up to $94,300 more than $16,550 up to $63,100
22% more than $47,150 up to $100,525 more than $94,300 up to $201,050 more than $63,100 up to $100,500
24% more than $100,525 up to $191,950 more than $201,050 up to $383,900 more than $100,500 up to $191,950
32% more than $191,950 up to $243,725 more than $383,900 up to $487,450 more than $191,950 up to $243,700
35% more than $243,725 up to $609,350 more than $487,450 up to $731,200 more than $243,700 up to $609,350
37% over $609,350 over $731,200 more than $609,350

Broken Thumb Trick Doggface209 GIF - Broken Thumb Trick Doggface209 Finger Trick GIFs

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

I've been pretty happy with Biden overall. Maybe the polls mean nothing at this point. But, I'd like to hear folks views on a scenario that probably will enrage many.

Let's assume that for whatever reason, it looks like in the 1st quarter that Biden is going to lose to Trump. And assume Joe Manchin is polling strongly against Trump. Would you hold your nose and be supportive of Biden announcing he isn't running and Manchin as the Democratic candidate? Manchin is probably in the pocket of special interests, but if it meant no Trump, I'd support it. I'd support a dead body over Trump.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

On 11/8/2023 at 2:39 PM, SydneyCarton said:

You say this like it’s the only chicken he likes to routinely fuck. The man has lots of chickens. The stress of trials killing trump. Heidi Cruz. Dropping names. It’s a proverbial harem of hens. 

If anything ever happens to my wife, it's nice to know that you'll be available to redundantly complain about some innocuous comment I made about LBJ years ago over and over and over again.  I mean, I'd prefer Heidi just for the companionship but at that point i'd take what I could get.  

5 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

If anything ever happens to my wife, it's nice to know that you'll be available to redundantly complain about some innocuous comment I made about LBJ years ago over and over and over again.  I mean, I'd prefer Heidi just for the companionship but at that point i'd take what I could get.  

I didn’t complain about LBJ. I simply pointed out you’ve got a lot of go to…jokes. Atom has a bingo card too man. You’re a sensitive boy, Tommy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I realize that, but I really didn't think the LBJ thing comes up very often.  My number of posts about him are very likely less than the ones you commenting about my posts about him.  Somebody was talking VP's, not me.  I just chimed in, hadn't thought of posting about him in years.  But it's all simulation at this point.  Conspiracy theories abound regarding what a former VP may or may not have done with regard to a sitting President.  And now we live in a world where a sitting President (at the time) tacitly encouraged people to try and kill his VP.  And joking aside, that one actually happened.  And we just brush it off as just another thing that kinda, maybe, sorta almost happened on live television while the stock market was open.  There's no bad taste jokes I can make anymore about LBJ or Heidi or Dan Patrick.  Because nothing in our collective bizarre imagination can compare to reality now.  Joe's just the steady guy left holding the bag of shit at the end of the line.  Considering the disaster he inherited, I'm happy to have helped him out here in Texas and will likely do so again.  But I got a bad feeling he may not be up to what's waiting for this country around the corner in 2025.  Maybe nobody is up to it.  

6 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Somebody at TPPF yesterday said he had double-pneumonia but was feeling better, and I laughed.  Not at him directly, but because of the dialogue in "Fantastic Mister Fox" from Wes Anderson.  But either way, I looked like an asshole.  And either way, I didn't give a fuck.  

It's weird to accept later in life that all your education and exposure and knowledge, and all your relationships and networks and influence...that in the end---the most powerful tool you have to effectuate real change in your community and state for your family is to just see what you can do help bad leaders die sooner rather than later.  I mean, come the fuck on, the food supply chain is not that complicated.  Sorry some of y'all's aunts are gonna have to take one for the team but that's a risk we're willing to take.

Middle age, white liberal revolution in 2023 is a far cry from revolutions in the past.

Our parents were right. All that cable TV and screen time on social media has rotted society to the point that helping folks die faster is the change we fight for and desire.

The Bill of Rights today would have 2 amendments and one would something to the effect of as part of a well regulated corporation that everyone is allowed to wear ath-leisure during working hours.

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I've been pretty happy with Biden overall. Maybe the polls mean nothing at this point. But, I'd like to hear folks views on a scenario that probably will enrage many.

Let's assume that for whatever reason, it looks like in the 1st quarter that Biden is going to lose to Trump. And assume Joe Manchin is polling strongly against Trump. Would you hold your nose and be supportive of Biden announcing he isn't running and Manchin as the Democratic candidate? Manchin is probably in the pocket of special interests, but if it meant no Trump, I'd support it. I'd support a dead body over Trump.

Easily, you post some of the worst fan fiction on this website about Joe Biden. Goddamn.

"Many people are discussing" is our surly version of "Lotta people are saying..." 

Parties and insults aside, it is weird as fuck that we are now just over 11 months from a beyond-historical election for the future of our Republic and there's a pretty good chance that one or both of these guys area dead and/or one of them is on his way to jail.  I'll happily vote for whoever can defeat Trump, be it Biden or Manchin or Mister Ronan Sinatra.  I'd rather Trump just die, but as Duvall said in "The Road", 'It's foolish to ask for luxuries such as death in times like this...'  I got no issue with Joe staying on with the right inner circle around him and performing well above average for another four years.  But if we're all honest, a Biden/Harris versus Trump/TBD contest just 11 months from now is not the certainty it was a few months ago.  in the interim though, watching Trump literally falling apart before our eyes is funny as fucking hell.  

• Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

The Biden death bet was a thing in 2020 and still isn’t working for people, and there were a lot of them.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/wireStory/democratic-sen-joe-manchin-west-virginia-wont-seek-104768246

jesus you fragile little pussy. He just announced today he’s not running for re-re-election and ABC News! among other news outlets are speculating on a third party run to pressure Biden out. You are such a pussy you can’t even handle news. Dipshit. 

Dude Dbeasy, calm down with the neg rep spree.  Wasn't disagreeing with you, I just like saying plethora.  One or both major party tickets could change is all, or stay the same.  Shocking news at 11.  I don't give much of a shit except that Trump loses or dies.  If it takes Joe Manchin and James Woods as Joe Biden running together on a 4th party ticket using holograms, I don't care---I'm in for the federal maximum donation.  The Manchin annoucnement is a big deal though but I guess the timing had to be roughly now either way given the Class I slate.  

Look, if you have to blow Chris Christie to defeat Trump in the primary and force him to run some mushroom-dick 3rd party bullshit from the far-right fringes, that's a risk I'm willing to take.  

Let's put a little science behind this "age" thing.  At least one massive industry makes good money on estimating life expectancy.  While it's foolish to use risk pool data to estimate an individual's exact time left on this mortal coil, let's do it anyway.  

According to the Social Security Administration's actuarial tables, Joe Biden should "expect" to live another 7.25 years.  Donald Trump should "expect" to live another 9.32 years.  Notice how both projections (with all the appropriate caveats about statistics, assholes, individuals, and individual assholes) extend past a 4-year term, at which point both men would be ineligible to run for POTUS again.

It's two old dudes.  Nobody has any idea which one might kick the bucket first.

I guess, this is just what it's been like for most of the Republic.  I was just either not alive or saw a couple elections with some dudes running who were younger than I am now.  But yeah, I think most of America has come to terms with the fact-that once again for like the 37th time in the history of the Republic, we are being asked to select between two older, white gentlemen.  

But at least the current old dumbass in the White House took the time between "bad days" to pick a bunch of really fucking smart, capable people to help course-correct the ship.  The other guy, in worse health and probably worse cognitive decline (I say "probably" because I think he started out as a half-tard outta the gate), had some competent people around him at the start but they all either bailed or needed bail.  He smiles when I question the "Trump Attrition" because he responds, "Yep, an attrition.  I got Ivanka one of those when she was still in her private school uniform."  

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

the LBJ thing 

This goes in the old-person thread in DT, but I always found it amusing that even back on Shaggy, somebody could make an LBJ joke and a bunch of people immediately understood it (depending on the context of the thread, either JFK or ballot boxes, or Big Dick).

Did we all have the same poli sci or Texas history teachers or professors?  It's got to be a Texas thing.  If I say "well there's the joke/story about LBJ" to an out-of-state relative, they automatically go to "that he had JFK killed?", but on Shaggy/Surly, in the right thread, people automatically go to the ballot box shenanigans, or a pants tailoring joke.