2024 QB Trey Owens

texifornia

Sark knows what he is doing.  Trey has high potential and can sit and learn.  He’s a big dude and has a frame that can put on weight and had a nice deep ball.  Dude seems to be willing to sit and compete when the time comes.  You need guys like him in a good QB room.  He could probably commit to a number of P5 programs and be the main guy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Sark knows what he is doing.  Trey has high potential and can sit and learn.  He’s a big dude and has a frame that can put on weight and had a nice deep ball.  Dude seems to be willing to sit and compete when the time comes.  You need guys like him in a good QB room.  He could probably commit to a number of P5 programs and be the main guy. 

including aggy.

5 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Let’s not pretend that cypress isn’t also full of aggy

STFU, no one is pretending. He took out Katy, a win not a single person following TXHS fb would have bet on. Save those "Katy was not Katy this year" tears. Trey's now playing with house money.

• Hook 'Em 1

DJ Lagway's grandmother "Eddie" worked for my father for years. She practically raised me for a while. 6'2" super-smart badass lady, a legend in Willis, who died way too young. I can't imagine DJ's anything but a great kid. Wish he'd given us a look.

Edited by mwaadeeb
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, mwaadeeb said:

DJ Lagway's grandmother "Eddie" worked for my father for years. She practically raised me for a while. 6'2" super-smart badass lady, a legend in Willis, who died way too young. I can't imagine DJ's anything but a great kid. Wish he'd given us a look.

Sounds like a cool lady. Just the wrong year for us and a bluechip QB, coming immediately after Arch.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/22/2023 at 3:52 PM, mwaadeeb said:

Rules.

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seems really bright and poised, sharp kid. As they were wrapping up the interview and after the 235 pound number was mentioned, Vogel said something like, “Lot of time in the weight room!”  Without missing a beat, Trey comes back with, “Or the pantry.” 

Scouting note: processes information quickly…

On 12/16/2023 at 11:13 AM, Vito Andolini said:

Seems really bright and poised, sharp kid. As they were wrapping up the interview and after the 235 pound number was mentioned, Vogel said something like, “Lot of time in the weight room!”  Without missing a beat, Trey comes back with, “Or the pantry.” 

Scouting note: processes information quickly…

One of these qbs is 6'5 235. I'll let you all decide which one it is.

download (10).jpeg

GBUADwbXUAAyRCT.jpeg

4 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

He's always been a 4* on Rivals.  247 bumped him to a 4* today.

4 star on 2 of the major services is a win. On3 is too scared of aggy to give him a 4th star. 

ESPN is clueless and severely understaffed. Their rankings shouldn’t be included in the composite. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis