Texas vs Florida : College World Series.

petscii

1 minute ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Well it's been fun boys...

Exceeded expectations.

Yep. I expect everyone to be better who is returning. Most importantly, I expect our pitching staff to be greatly improved with the arms coming in. I think Bocchi has Friday night stuff with the mind to match. Our best starter currently IMO.

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Meaning it was clear Shugarts was out of gas, and you left him in to take a beating for no reason other than bad managing.

Maybe so.  But the alternatives to Shugart are bleak as hell and I'd say maybe running out of gas, not out of gas.

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Meaning it was clear Shugarts was out of gas, and you left him in to take a beating for no reason other than bad managing.

He was only at 60 pitches or so I think.  I don't think he was out of gas.  he made a horrible pitch to their only real hitter.

I’m not mad. But this is ridiculous. We are overmatched. Let’s get out of here and root on Tech. 

For the love of God, get some hitting in the offseason. 

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Meaning it was clear Shugarts was out of gas, and you left him in to take a beating for no reason other than bad managing. Should have gone to get him after the BB.

1st base was open. He got behind the batter and was pitching around him. He had struck out Maldonado (next batter) the previous at bat. He then grooved one to a first rounder. It happens.

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Meaning it was clear Shugarts was out of gas, and you left him in to take a beating for no reason other than bad managing. Should have gone to get him after the BB.

Fuck this. Fuck this right here. 

Pierce managed his ass off to get this shitty team to the CWS. It's all or nothing in an elimination game and Shugart wants the fucking ball so you give it to him. He walked a dude and Maldonado hit a fantastic 2 strike pitch to drive in a run, threw a meatball to India and paid the price for it but that's baseball. 

Pierce pushed all the right buttons to get here and simply doesn't have enough on the roster to compete with these teams that are much better. Fact. 

• Like 3

Just now, brojangles2 said:

This team isn't built for Omaha. Escaped kindergarten bullshit all throughout conference play and a pretty weak regional. We just don't have what it takes. All the favorites are trotting out multiple 1st rounders. Oh well. 

Not sure some of you are recognizing that this team made it to fucking Omaha when they had not business based on talent, that is a very good sign IMO. Indiana & Tenn Tech were really good teams and we found a way to win. We have a team put together with a bandaid, we need to go recruit some talent.

• Like 3

Just now, Goodman said:

Not sure some of you are recognizing that this team made it to fucking Omaha when they had not business based on talent, that is a very good sign IMO. Indiana & Tenn Tech were really good teams and we found a way to win. We have a team put together with a bandaid, we need to go recruit some talent.

What this guy said

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

In addition to whatever it is that makes us play better at home, I think B12 pitching was pretty mediocre this year.  Lot of injuries to the good ones.

True. When you win multiple Friday conference games while giving up 5+ runs, that tells you all you need to know.

3 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Fuck this. Fuck this right here. 

Pierce managed his ass off to get this shitty team to the CWS. It's all or nothing in an elimination game and Shugart wants the fucking ball so you give it to him. He walked a dude and Maldonado hit a fantastic 2 strike pitch to drive in a run, threw a meatball to India and paid the price for it but that's baseball. 

Pierce pushed all the right buttons to get here and simply doesn't have enough on the roster to compete with these teams that are much better. Fact. 

Pierce has flirted with disaster all postseason with our pitching. I don’t put the Arky game on him, but he really lucked out against Tenn Tech. Despite his overall Herculean effort, that doesn’t absolve him of criticism in managing pitchers. He pulls guys too soon and did way too soon with Henley in the 3rd. No way Shugart should’ve had that PC in the 6th.