Yellowstone

RPM

Yellowstone may be ending in its current form.  

https://deadline.com/2023/02/yellowstone-show-end-franchise-continues-matthew-mcconaughey-1235251400/

Enter Matthew McConaughey?

They’d have to kill off John Dutton and have MM come in to save the ranch. MM is too close in age to Rip and the Dutton kids to be any sort of a father figure/patriarch.

All I ask is that they get rid of that stupid Teeter character.

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Yellowstone may be ending in its current form. All I ask is that they get rid of that stupid Teeter character. 

https://deadline.com/2023/02/yellowstone-show-end-franchise-continues-matthew-mcconaughey-1235251400/

Enter Matthew McConaughey?

They’d have to kill off John Dutton and have MM come in to save the ranch. MM is too close in age to Rip and the Dutton kids to be any sort of a father figure/patriarch. 

Holy shit.

2 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

or, and i'm just spit-balling here, but maybe dutton dies under somewhat mysterious circumstances and mcconaghey represents the group moving in to take over and force them out.  way more compelling.  this series has had a long string of terrible "bad guy" characters.

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Holy shit.

48 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I wonder if Costner thinks he’s better than the material? This is the guy that directed and starred in the Fraiser of Westerns, Dances with Wolves. 

Honestly, I think it's amazing that they got Costner for 5 seasons.

And Costner is doing his own Western, Horizon, that he is directing and acting in, the first movie he's directed since Open Range 20 years ago.  I've heard a few people claim it's going to be his Unforgiven but that's a pretty damn high bar, and I'd argue that Yellowstone was kind of it for him.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yellowstone seems to be running out of steam anyways. Season 5 has been pretty shitty so far. You can tell they are running out of material when they are do so many scenes with zero to little dialogue and drawn out scenes of doing cowboy shit. Most good shows that aren't comedies/network tv shows have a good 5-7 seasons in them before they fall off. Costner is probably getting bored and wants to do his own thing at this point. Sheridan is trying to cash out with this franchise with all the prequels and spin offs.

Costner mostly just grunts and mumble talks in his scenes anyways. He wouldn't be missed by me, even though I understand the importance of his character. 

Edited by Vic Mackey

13 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yellowstone seems to be running out of steam anyways. Season 5 has been pretty shitty so far. You can tell they are running out of material when they are do so many scenes with zero to little dialogue and drawn out scenes of doing cowboy shit. 

+lots of flashbacks. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I wonder if Costner thinks he’s better than the material? This is the guy that directed and starred in the Fraiser of Westerns, Dances with Wolves. 

Weird analogy lol. Did you like Fraiser?  Never watched a minute.

Open Range is the shit. 

Costner is a movie guy...probably getting tired of a TV series.  

I'm down for a change with Yellowstone....it's laughable now compared to 1923.  I bet Costner wishes he was in that series instead.

Edited by utxmike05
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

Days? 

Hours

According to Deadline, Costner has been trying to negotiate for a shooting schedule of just one week for the back half of Season 5 — which has caused a "morale problem" with the rest of the cast — and the network has refused.

Read More: Report: 'Yellowstone' Ending as Kevin Costner Negotiations Stall 

What he wants is a Don Fedderson Production. For those that have no fucking clue who that is, he produced 2 hit TV shows on CBS in the 60's with Fred MacMurray (My Three Sons) and Brian Keith (Family Affair). The only way Fedderson could convince these film stars to do TV was agree to shoot their entire seasons worth of scenes with Fred or Brian first. They would shoot the remaining scene of the episodes later with the rest of the cast. Always shot out of sequence and a continuity nightmare, but somehow it worked.

Edited by RPM

23 minutes ago, RPM said:

Hours

According to Deadline, Costner has been trying to negotiate for a shooting schedule of just one week for the back half of Season 5 — which has caused a "morale problem" with the rest of the cast — and the network has refused.

Read More: Report: 'Yellowstone' Ending as Kevin Costner Negotiations Stall 

What he wants is a Don Fedderson Production. For those that have no fucking clue who that is, he produced 2 hit TV shows on CBS in the 60's with Fred MacMurray (My Three Sons) and Brian Keith (Family Affair). The only way Fedderson could convince these film stars to do TV was agree to shoot their entire seasons worth of scenes with Fred or Brian first. They would shoot the remaining scene of the episodes later with the rest of the cast. Always shot out of sequence and a continuity nightmare, but somehow it worked.

you left out some of the info around shooting days that is important:

Deadline sources claimed that Costner originally allotted himself 65 days to shoot the first part of the series’ current fifth season but ended up only wanting to shoot for 50 days. Now, as the cast is shooting the second half of the episodes, Costner reportedly only wants to spend one week filming, causing an alleged rift.

so he did 50 days for the first 8 episodes and wants to shoot the back half, which is going to be 8 episodes, in 7 days? or even 5 days?

what a jackass. just re-cast him and move forward with the ending for all i care. can we get Ford to just step in and do it, die or get offed and then move forward with whatever jlk shit that McConaughey wants to do?

Meh. fuck Costner. I liked him early in his career, but my impression of him now is that of a self-important jackass. Move forward without him. 

It's like my old fire chief said "If a Brinks truck backed up to the front of the station with free bags of money, some of y'all would bitch about having to walk over there to get it". I guess Costner doesn't like the golden goose.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 2/6/2023 at 9:33 PM, BearSchlong said:

Makes sense that they would get the dazed and confused gang back together.

They need to find a role for Mr. McFarland, my old Bedicheck Woodshop teacher who's shown sleeping in the woodshop in D & C. 

23 hours ago, NoName said:

you left out some of the info around shooting days that is important:

so he did 50 days for the first 8 episodes and wants to shoot the back half, which is going to be 8 episodes, in 7 days? or even 5 days?

what a jackass. just re-cast him and move forward with the ending for all i care. can we get Ford to just step in and do it, die or get offed and then move forward with whatever jlk shit that McConaughey wants to do?

ending?

lol.

i'm starting to suspect that taylor sheridan is good at beginnings. yellowstone went off the rails in the second season, but it could just be that i'm tired of the lone wolf anti-hero protagonist archetype that is everywhere right now. "only i have a plan, but i'm not sharing it with anyone, even the audience" gets annoying after awhile. no wonder everyone hates you, protagonist.

that goes for peaky blinders and gangs of london too. 

it's getting played out. the godfather came out 50 fucking years ago.

His is the worst character on the show. 
That would be Beth. She's up there for worst characters in TV show history for me. I get it, she's a bad bitch and doesn't take no shit. Except none of it is natural. It's over the top and she ruins any scene she's in. Do women really find her empowering and strong? She's awful.

I liked Jamie early in the series but him and Monica are a beating now whenever their story comes up. Everything is so dramatic with them. Always something happening to Monica and she's crying in almost every scene she's in.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 8:54 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Honestly, I think it's amazing that they got Costner for 5 seasons.

And Costner is doing his own Western, Horizon, that he is directing and acting in, the first movie he's directed since Open Range 20 years ago.  I've heard a few people claim it's going to be his Unforgiven but that's a pretty damn high bar, and I'd argue that Yellowstone was kind of it for him.

open range was a damn good movie 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

If there is anything more pitiful than a grown man wearing a jersey with another man’s name on it, thus would be it…

7-EB9-D434-6-BB9-4-DC5-A171-55-DAF179032

I saw quite a bit of this shit at the Houston Rodeo. Thankfully mostly gals in Yellowstone shirts. 

I guess I shouldn’t cast stones because my wife has purchased the entire King Ranch Catalog. 

On 2/20/2023 at 3:15 PM, closetohumping said:

Dude this show’s directors must hate Jamie.   

Jamie hates playing Jamie. The actor has said so in interviews. Yes, it’s a cash cow, but I think the show should end this season. Costner and Jamie don’t want to be there. 

That said, Paramount could make 5 more seasons of Rip and Beth home life and housewives would watch the shit out of it. 

9 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Jamie hates playing Jamie. The actor has said so in interviews. Yes, it’s a cash cow, but I think the show should end this season. Costner and Jamie don’t want to be there. 

That said, Paramount could make 5 more seasons of Rip and Beth home life and housewives would watch the shit out of it. 

It’s gotta be draining playing Jamie.  And weird enough I find myself rooting for him at times

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Have they started filming Season 5B? The clock is ticking to get it in the can before the end of 2023.

is 5B even happening at this point? i thought it was basically going to be ending/cancelled followed by a spinoff without Costner.

even if they were set to go, i assume that the writers strike impacts that.

8 minutes ago, NoName said:

is 5B even happening at this point? i thought it was basically going to be ending/cancelled followed by a spinoff without Costner.

Yeah I think they’re hopelessly delayed. Writers’ strike. Costner is going through some personal shit, and probably doesn’t want to work with Sheridan again. I think they should  just end it and jump into the new MM spin-off. 

1 hour ago, NoName said:

Have no fear!  Sheridan will just write, direct and produce by himself!! 

On 5/12/2023 at 1:33 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

In some good Yellowstone news, Lainey Wilson got in the kitchen/gym and got that ass back in business. She looked great at the ACM Show. Well done. 

At least she's got a nice ass. Her music is the shits. 

• 2 months later...
On 8/7/2023 at 7:30 PM, TonyTexas said:

I just did a re-watch and it’s a damn good show. Much more enjoyable bingeing than watching weekly as you don’t have dozens of assholes in your ear bitching about every little thing. I highly recommend before it wraps up, provided that even happens 

I think they’re done. Costner was looking for an excuse to walk away and he got not 1, but 2 major strikes.