Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

20 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You should thank him. I bet that extra 13 years built a lot of character. 

Probably about the same amount of character-building that has occurred among Rangers fans after Freese's shenanigans in 2011.   

But I really didn't come here to throw darts.  I saw the Bartman posts and felt compelled to comment.  I'm pulling for Texas in this one simply because the Rangers haven't won a World Series, and I'd like to see them go back.  If my team isn't in the hunt, then I typically pull for the underdog or the team that hasn't won it before or at least hasn't won it in a long time.  So I hope Texas comes out on top in Game 7.  Good luck to the Rangers.

I'm rooting for the D-Backs for similar reasons in the NLCS. 

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Probably about the same amount of character-building that has occurred among Rangers fans after Freese's shenanigans in 2011.   

But I really didn't come here to throw darts.  I saw the Bartman posts and felt compelled to comment.  I'm pulling for Texas in this one simply because the Rangers haven't won a World Series, and I'd like to see them go back.  If my team isn't in the hunt, then I typically pull for the underdog or the team that hasn't won it before or at least hasn't won it in a long time.  So I hope Texas comes out on top in Game 7.  Good luck to the Rangers.

I'm rooting for the D-Backs for similar reasons in the NLCS. 

We were at the game Friday and I asked my cousins and brother..”if we win the World Series this year, on opening day next year (since he is retiring), do you have Nellie Cruz throw out the first pitch as a welcome home gesture?”   

I know I would.  

3 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

We were at the game Friday and I asked my cousins and brother..”if we win the World Series this year, on opening day next year (since he is retiring), do you have Nellie Cruz throw out the first pitch as a welcome home gesture?”   

I know I would.  

He'll throw it over the right field wall. 

Bring Nolan Ryan out in Rangers apparel to throw the first pitch. LOL

After Game 5, it was lamented that in the ninth Marcus Semien and Corey Seager each had hard hit balls that would be expected to go for hits, but instead found gloves. In the fourth inning in this game, Garver’s single had an xBA of .210, and Heim’s homer an xBA of .120. Per Statcast, it would have been a homer in only two stadiums — Yankee Stadium and the Juice Box. 

Baseball is weird, man. 

Silly sport. 

2 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Well, Kessinger only came in to play SS. 

Good point. But Dusty is still a moron. I don’t care about the L/R matchup — surely McCormick or Diaz are better PH options that Singleton’s fat ass. McCormick absolutely wore up Rangers’ pitching this year IIRC.

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

Good point. But Dusty is still a moron. I don’t care about the L/R matchup — surely McCormick or Diaz are better PH options that Singleton’s fat ass. McCormick absolutely wore up Rangers’ pitching this year IIRC.

Dusty was probably saving McCormick for game 7. 

If Max can give a vintage performance tonight, it would be storybook perfect.  I'm excited.
I was nervous before game 3 and very nervous now. Scherzer is pretty poor in the playoffs this decade and in game 3, they jumped on him early and hit him hard even on their outs. I really hope we have another game 2 effort where we jump on them early, keep them at bay and get some more runs here and there.

At least tonight there is no saving arms. Everyone outside of Eovaldi should be available. Go all out to win this game. Scherzer should have a short leash tonight.

21 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I was nervous before game 3 and very nervous now. Scherzer is pretty poor in the playoffs this decade and in game 3, they jumped on him early and hit him hard even on their outs. I really hope we have another game 2 effort where we jump on them early, keep them at bay and get some more runs here and there.

At least tonight there is no saving arms. Everyone outside of Eovaldi should be available. Go all out to win this game. Scherzer should have a short leash tonight.

663f6a5e37a331bc9e4ad4971106e004162f1fc1

24 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

He had pretty good fastball command the other night.  Big problem was he couldn't control his spots on the slider.  If he has any semblance of command of his slider, then I think we get at least 4 if not 5 solid innings out of him.  

Just need to get on top of that riding fastball of Javier and drive it into the gaps rather than hitting 7 or 8 popups.  That's my biggest concern. 

had to go to houston for my daughter's soccer game yesterday a.m.  scrambled back to austin to watch the game.  a fellow soccer dad said he's staying and going to the game.  astros fan.  said he was going to be in the crawford boxes.  my first thought when garcia swung is that i hope he gets hit by that ball. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Anyone been able to pre-buy WS tickets with the insider code? I get into selecting the seats and it bugs out. I don't know if that means it's already all sold out on the pre-buy, it's only the poor seats anyways.

It's sold out.  My brother and I were both on there trying to buy tix on phone and computer.  All 4 games were 100% sold out within 5 minutes.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Montgomery is absolutely available for 35-45 pitches tonight.   He'd be throwing a 40 pitch bullpen today anyway.  

I mean, the big unit pitched a game 6 then came on in relief for game 7, right?  it's theoretically possible for Nate to get the final out tonight.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Let's ride 

F9JXRdUX0AEIpWz?format=jpg&name=small

Evan Carter has come back down to earth this series, which is only reasonable as he's a young man and a rookie, but loved his effort to run out that IF single last night. Tonight would be a great game for him to come back on fire!