The official 2024 GOP Presidential Candidate Clown Car thread!

horn4life

• 2 weeks later...

“I came here to say it’s become clear to me, this is not my time,” Pence said in a surprise announcement that drew gasps. “I have no regrets.”

So, when might "his time" might have been?  Never.  He's a shithead and a self-serving, opportunistic douche.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Many of us face an "It's Not My Time" moment in life.  Perhaps it's when we choose to be 1st Lieutenant to the most vile American to ever hold public office.  For others it's when we realize our distrust of science makes us perhaps the most ill-suited choice imaginable to helm the U.S.'s Federal Task Force to combat the worst epidemic of the last century.  And for still others, it's readily apparent when our choices and timing have led to us to become hunted like feral hogs in the halls of our seat of Government at the behest of our former best friend and leader."

But no, in this case...an Evangelical Christian of deep faith and conviction has announced it's not his time, as per the wishes of Christ, while in Sin City, Las Vegas at a conference of Jews.  

No ladies and gentlemen of the sti'posed congregation...you are not living in a simulation.  Because it told me to tell you that.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Js1 said:

The fly on his head had a better chance at being president than Pence 

That was always the case, but I do kind of feel like I was fucking robbed of a debate with Pence and Trump squaring off. 15 minutes in and Trump would demand that Pence crawl over and nuzzle his nuts. And pence 100% does it.

• 2 weeks later...

Guess who got an endorsement.  Trump gonna be mad.

f_webp

Breaking from the tradition of the first-in-the-nation caucuses, Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds on Monday endorsed Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis for president, sending a clear message to Republicans looking for an alternative to former President Donald Trump that the time to act has arrived.

As people waved “Reynolds for DeSantis” signs, the Iowa governor said the country needs “someone who calls out our moral decline for what it is, who looks to the future and not the past, someone who, most importantly, can win.”

“That person is Ron DeSantis. And that’s why I am so proud to stand here tonight and give him my full support and endorsement for president of the United States of America,” Reynolds said.

In putting her thumb on the scale for DeSantis, Reynolds is lining up behind a like-minded executive who has also successfully enacted a strikingly conservative agenda. Her endorsement will test the power of her political brand in her home state. Across the country, Republican leaders have experienced limited success convincing conservative voters to move on from Trump.

Reynolds wasted little time going after Trump, dinging his response to Covid-19 and saying DeSantis “won’t get distracted” and “will stay disciplined,” a clear rebuke of the former president, who has publicly assailed her for months.

“We need someone who will fight for you, who puts this country first and not himself,” she said.

Here is who qualified for the third Republican debate (and the RNC excluded Trump, so he's going to have things to say, even though he said he didn't want to be there)

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/06/politics/third-republican-debate-miami-lineup/index.html

The Republican National Committee announced Monday that five presidential candidates have met the criteria to participate in Wednesday’s third primary debate in Miami.

They are former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy and South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott.

f_webp

Just now, C-Man said:

I’ve watched about 3 mins. I might be out.

Vivek said Tucker Carlson, Joe Rogan and Elon Musk should be moderating tonight’s event. Dear lord.

Hahaha and then he tried to demand Kristin Welker to answer his questions. 

“Judeo-Christian” drink!

Apparently Trump campaign bitched about a Christian organization's Thanksgiving forum, LOL.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/10/politics/rnc-warns-candidates-thanksgiving-forum

The Republican National Committee has warned some of the 2024 GOP presidential candidates about attending an Iowa Christian organization’s Thanksgiving forum, saying it would disqualify them from participating in future RNC presidential debates.

Five candidates – former President Donald Trump, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy and South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott – were invited to the Family Leader’s “Thanksgiving Family Forum” on November 17.

“It has come to the attention of the RNC Counsel’s Office that several Republican presidential candidates have been invited to participate in an open-press event in Iowa in November at which they would ‘gather around the table to have a moderated, friendly, and open discussion about the issues.’ In other words, a debate,” the RNC counsel’s office said in a letter obtained by CNN.

In its letter, dated October 28, the office reminded the candidates that they had agreed not to participate in any non-RNC-sanctioned debates during the campaign.

“Accordingly, please be advised that any Republican presidential candidate who participates in this or other similar events will be deemed to have violated this pledge and will be disqualified from taking part in any future RNC-sanctioned presidential primary debates,” the office said.

RealClearPolitics first reported on the letter.

The Family Leader plans to move forward with the event, despite the RNC’s warning.

“We do not agree that our Forum fits within the RNC’s ‘debate’ restriction,” Drew Zahn, a spokesperson for the group, said in a statement, noting that the Family Leader held the same event during the 2012 and 2016 election cycles.

“So we know from experience our event can be a win-win addition to the election process without in any way competing with the RNC’s debates. It’s just a completely different format and kind of event,” Zahn said.

DeSantis, Scott and Ramaswamy have RSVP’d for the event, according to Zahn.

Ramaswamy campaign spokesperson Tricia McLaughlin said in a statement to CNN that the campaign is “hopeful that the RNC and the Family Leader will be able to work out their logistical issues to best serve voters.”

CNN has reached out to the DeSantis, Haley and Scott campaigns for comment.

“Trump’s reluctance to participate in other events leads us to believe he will not accept the invitation,” Zahn said. The organization’s president and CEO, Bob Vander Plaats, has been critical of the former president, who did not attend the group’s Family Leadership Summit in July.

An Iowa Republican official familiar with the Thanksgiving event said the Trump campaign raised concerns about the forum with the RNC behind the scenes, the latest step in the long-standing feud between Trump and Vander Plaats.

2 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Well, bye.

He's buddies with Trey Gowdy and chose to do it on his show, and Gowdy seemed shocked.

And wow, there's some great rumors going around that another Republican candidate was about to out Scott as being gay and that his high-profile girlfriend was covering for that.  It's absolutely something a Republican would do if they thought it'd knock out a competitor.

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

In the summer of 2019, I found myself shitfaced drunk wandering around Chelsea after a conference looking for some good pizza.  With Tim Scott.  Both of us came up dry, which is hard to do in that part of Manhattan.  /csb

So.....you just walked on by the Sbarro at 33rd and 7th?

prxwWrlyDGG4sUqIHAFjo0EXG_Ob7NazQAd1edEU

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

In the summer of 2019, I found myself shitfaced drunk wandering around Chelsea after a conference looking for some good pizza.  With Tim Scott.  Both of us came up dry, which is hard to do in that part of Manhattan.  /csb

I now read your posts in J. Peterman's voice. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

He's buddies with Trey Gowdy and chose to do it on his show, and Gowdy seemed shocked.

And wow, there's some great rumors going around that another Republican candidate was about to out Scott as being gay and that his high-profile girlfriend was covering for that.  It's absolutely something a Republican would do if they thought it'd knock out a competitor.

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

What is a gay black man doing as a republican anyway?

At the 1st debate, I looked around and pretty sure Tim Scott was the only black guy in the whole building. Doubt he was the only closeted gay person though.

South Carolina has two closeted gay senators?!

Ebany and Ivory, indeed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Nikki Haley finally letting that authoritarian streak shine through.

And I want to agree with DeSantis for once, broken clock and all, but based on the amount of times this video is being shared, and how there was a huge surge this morning in bots asking why Nikki doesn't go by her birth (Indian) name, I'm thinking he's worried his own bots would be revealed.  Plus, he knows his supporters and MAGA in general would not do so well if their real names were revealed on social media.

You know who were anonymous writers back in the day? Alexander Hamilton, John Jay, and James Madison when they wrote the Federalist Papers.

They were not "national security threats," nor are the many conservative Americans across the country who exercise their Constitutional right to voice their opinions without fear of being harassed or canceled by the school they go to or the company they work for.

Haley's proposal to ban anonymous speech online — similar to what China recently did — is dangerous and unconstitutional. It will be dead on arrival in my administration.

Nikki Haley was on CNBC this morning for a solid 30 minutes.  Just her and the three anchors.  Covered a wide range of topics from foreign policy, the markets, domestic issues, etc.  Very impressive, actually.  She gave informed, detailed answers to everything and didn't just default to "BUT BIDEN!!!!"  She also looks the part.  She's the only one in the field, including Biden, that would be believable as a senior executive at a Fortune 50 company.

Sadly, she's not nearly crazy enough for the average primary voter.  They're deranged and want to be entertained.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

Sadly, she's not nearly crazy enough for the average primary voter.  They're deranged and want to be entertained.

Also, if MAGA had to reveal themselves on social media, they probably wouldn't be very keen on that, and would lose jobs, friends, etc..  I don't know why she doubled-down on something so fucking stupid.

4 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Also she's not white and doesn't have a penis (that we know of). 

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Also she's not white

That was what was especially amusing this morning - when the clip of her saying that as President, she'd force people to reveal their real names on social media started being passed around, the bot farms were fired up and started asking questions like why doesn't Nimarata Randhawa use her real name.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Nikki Haley was on CNBC this morning for a solid 30 minutes.  Just her and the three anchors.  Covered a wide range of topics from foreign policy, the markets, domestic issues, etc.  Very impressive, actually.  She gave informed, detailed answers to everything and didn't just default to "BUT BIDEN!!!!"  She also looks the part.  She's the only one in the field, including Biden, that would be believable as a senior executive at a Fortune 50 company.

She answers the question:

What if Mitt Romney was an Indian woman and didn’t have the baggage of Mormonism.

• Hook 'Em 4