The official 2024 GOP Presidential Candidate Clown Car thread!

horn4life

4 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

I'm just going by what I'm seeing here now. I don't see what I consider reasonable conservative views being espoused very much, and when they are, they're generally buttfucked.

Define conservative in this sentence. Reasonable conservative views are still held and espoused. 

Current Republican Party views are neither conservative nor reasonable. And yes, I'm proud of leading the "GOP isn't conservative" bandwagon starting on shaggy. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Its really funny the Leftist Thought Commissars need multiple threads to bitch about how incredibly meansy anyone who doesn't toe the party line is.

We are not people.  We are Leftist Thought Commissars.

Are you trying to "fix" us?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Bullneck said:

We are not people.  We are Leftist Thought Commissars.

I better update my linkedin profile and order new business cards.  That's a fucking cool title

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Tea Time Oops GIF by TERRELL

I was watching him the day of or day after he announced on some TV show.  He fucked up something similarly easy but I don't recall just what it was.  Anyone with a brain will pass on him.  

So he's VP material for Trump, I guess.

There are certainly things to like about Hurd.
But he’s still a Republican piece of shit who embraces dozens of proven failure retrograde policies that demonstrate his naked contempt for the common good.
So fuck him. The hard truth is that there are no “good” Republicans. Even the policy ideas that once could be consistent with a goal of making things better (at least in theory) have been proven to do just the opposite. If you still subscribe to the GQP, you’re a piece of shit. That means you too, Hurd.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 6/26/2023 at 10:57 AM, SL Xpress said:

I don't see what I consider reasonable conservative views being espoused very much

There are no reasonable conservative views that take priority over stopping the relentless push toward authoritarianism, restriction of women’s rights, dismantling of protections for minorities, and destruction of our democratic process that have been perpetrated by the Republican Party since it refused to deny trump the nomination in 2016. 

Everything else is babyshit until that is stopped. 

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Pancho said:

This dumbass idiot is closing in on Desandius

He said he thinks all high school students should have to pass a civics test to retain their citizenship status.  I don't think he realizes how much of his party that would disqualify.

1 hour ago, HonkeyVape said:

Donald Trump nearly doubled his fundraising during the second quarter of 2023 — an indication that his legal troubles are propelling his campaign financially.

https://money.yahoo.com/trump-pulled-35-million-second-185459258.html

Fools and their money.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

He said he thinks all high school students should have to pass a civics test to retain their citizenship status.  I don't think he realizes how much of his party that would disqualify.

As president of the United States of Trump, Donald grabs women by the 

A) Intellect

B) Abortion

C) Pussy, you dumb ass, the f'n pussy. Stop being a beta

• 2 weeks later...

Trump skips Iowa evangelical group's Republican candidate event and feuds with GOP Iowa governor

https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/news/trump-skips-iowa-evangelical-presidential-campaign-event-feuds-with-gop-iowa-governor/?intcid=CNR-01-0623

Former President Donald Trump won't be among the GOP presidential candidates gathering in Des Moines Friday for the Family Leadership summit, which is expected to attract over 2,000 Iowa GOP voters.  

Bob Vander Plaats, the president and CEO of the Family Leader, told CBS News political correspondent Caitlin Huey-Burns that Trump is "making a mistake" by skipping the group's annual conference.  "He is choosing not to show up, and I don't think it is just a smart idea on his part," Vander Plaats said.

Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds plans to sign the state's new six-week abortion ban into law at the summit Friday. Trump is also feuding with her because Reynolds won't endorse him before the Iowa caucuses. She has said she won't endorse anyone during the primaries.

Trump recently lashed out at Reynolds on social media, posting that he "opened up the governor position for Kim Reynolds and when she fell behind I endorsed her….now she wants to remain neutral." In addition to endorsing her, Trump appears to be claiming credit for enabling her to win the governor's race because he appointed her predecessor, former Gov. Terry Branstad, to be ambassador to China during his administration. 

Vander Plaats also called out Trump for picking a fight with Reynolds. He told CBS News that Trump poses the "biggest risk" for Republicans "to not win back the White House."

He went to praise Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis as "the clear alternative right now" to Trump. Vander Plaats predicted that "if Trump wins Iowa, that's it" but "if he gets beat here, then I think whoever beats him here, it's 'game on' [for] the nomination."

Unlike Reynolds, Vander Plaats said he plans to endorse a candidate in December, ahead of the mid-January Iowa caucuses and indicated that Trump was unlikely to receive his support.

Thats Nice Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds is set to sign a 6-week abortion ban into law at an evangelical forum on Friday where multiple 2024 GOP presidential candidates will be in attendance. Also in attendance, will be former Fox News host Tucker Carlson, who will question the candidates on stage. 

nice wow wow wee wow GIF

tina turner auntie entity GIF

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/23/politics/republicans-debate-qualify-polling-fundraising/index.html

Seven Republican presidential candidates have, as of Sunday, met the polling requirements to appear on the August debate stage following new polling from Fox Business in Iowa and South Carolina.

• Former President Donald Trump
  • Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis
  • Tech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy
  • Former Vice President Mike Pence
  • Former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley
  • South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott
  • Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie 

have each reached 1% or higher in at least two qualifying national polls and two qualifying state polls from separate states, which is a requirement set by the Republican National Committee.

Candidates must also meet fundraising criteria and sign a pledge to support the eventual Republican nominee in order to qualify for the August 23 debate in Milwaukee. Several candidates and their aides say they have already met that donor threshold, including Trump, DeSantis, Scott, Haley, Christie and Ramaswamy.

Pence is the only candidate who has met the polling threshold but says he has not reached the fundraising threshold.

“We’re making incredible progress toward that goal. We’re not there yet,” the former vice president told CNN’s Dana Bash on “State of the Union” in an interview that aired Sunday. “We will make it. I will see you at that debate stage.”

Of the remaining GOP candidates who have not yet met the polling criteria, former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson is one national poll away from doing so, North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum needs two national polls, and former Texas Rep. Will Hurd and Miami Mayor Francis Suarez each need one state and two national polls to qualify. No other candidate has hit 1% in a qualifying poll so far.

-------

Trump has 5.7 million followers on truthsocial, but this will reach several tens of millions, so no way is he going to miss it. Plus, he will have the chance to belittle his opponents and get the audience jeering them.

Edited by atomheartbevo

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump has 5.7 million followers on truthsocial, but this will reach several tens of millions, so no way is he going to miss it. Plus, he will have the chance to belittle his opponents and get the audience jeering them.

I’ll take that bet. I think he doesn’t show. 

• Like 1

On 7/6/2023 at 10:26 PM, Pancho said:

This dumbass idiot is closing in on Desandius

I know this is a Constitutional issue, and will likely never get the states to vote to amend it, but is there actually anything a President could do about birthright citizenship?  Isn't this a non-issue, aside from pointing out the hypocrisy? I haven't heard of any actual proposals to change it. 

On 7/23/2023 at 11:49 AM, TheStoicPaisano said:

Do you think Pence goes to Mass w/mother before or after these hits? Or does he do the grandparent Saturday Night Special Mass? Do you think he gets booed or hit with a fly swatter?

Mike Pence left the Catholic Church during the Reagan administration. He’s an “evangelical” now. If he wasn’t, he would’ve been no use to Trump as a running mate. Pence may reference his Catholic upbringing when he’s trying to appeal to Catholic voters but that’s just another example of him fence-straddling, like when he criticizes Trump for trying to overthrow the Constitution and get him killed on Jan. 6 while at the same time defending him and saying Trump shouldn’t be prosecuted for it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

I know this is a Constitutional issue, and will likely never get the states to vote to amend it, but is there actually anything a President could do about birthright citizenship?  Isn't this a non-issue, aside from pointing out the hypocrisy? I haven't heard of any actual proposals to change it. 

No. Pretty sure it’s just bullshit posturing. They fully know they can’t amend the constitution by executive action. The GOP base doesn’t care. 

14 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I’ll take that bet. I think he doesn’t show. 

If his rallies were doing better, sure, but his rallies have been shit this year.

He knows a shitload more people will be watching the debate.

And he knows Christie will spend plenty of time calling him a coward if he doesn't show.

He's a narcissist and he always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, so he'll show. 

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

😂😂😂

It's fun to watch the GQP's soulless donor class try desperately to find some alternative to Trump.  And I think even they know they're completely fucked.  Because Trump is going to be the nominee. 

But if he isn't the nominee by some miracle (presumably Trump's death), then they're equally fucked because only Trump gets the Republican base to the polls.  They pine for the days when the Republican base would turn out for Mitt Romney.  But that Republican base is gone.  I would know--I was part of it.  And it's not coming back.

This is Trump's party, assholes.  Why can't you fuckers figure that out?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

27 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

It's fun to watch the GQP's soulless donor class try desperately to find some alternative to Trump.  And I think even they know they're completely fucked.  Because Trump is going to be the nominee. 

But if he isn't the nominee by some miracle (presumably Trump's death), then they're equally fucked because only Trump gets the Republican base to the polls.  They pine for the days when the Republican base would turn out for Mitt Romney.  But that Republican base is gone.  I would know--I was part of it.  And it's not coming back.

All of this. They are backed into a corner and there is no way out that doesn’t involve the Dotard. 

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

IMG_5983.jpeg

7 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Mike Pence left the Catholic Church during the Reagan administration. He’s an “evangelical” now. If he wasn’t, he would’ve been no use to Trump as a running mate. Pence may reference his Catholic upbringing when he’s trying to appeal to Catholic voters but that’s just another example of him fence-straddling, like when he criticizes Trump for trying to overthrow the Constitution and get him killed on Jan. 6 while at the same time defending him and saying Trump shouldn’t be prosecuted for it. 

“So Mr. Pence, could you tell us why you decided to turn your back on your Catholic faith and reject the primacy of Rome?”

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

If his rallies were doing better, sure, but his rallies have been shit this year.

He knows a shitload more people will be watching the debate.

And he knows Christie will spend plenty of time calling him a coward if he doesn't show.

He's a narcissist and he always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, so he'll show. 

Or will he hold an alternate event to compete for ratings? One where he’s the only guy who gets to speak?

I don’t know anything about his rallies. Is he not getting the rush from ranting to his adoring fans like he usually does? The one in Waco looked like it probably pleased him. I don’t know what it means to say they’ve been shit  

He’s crushing it in the polls. He doesn’t need to show up at the debate where everyone will be attacking him. Even if he doesn’t show, it will still be all about him.

How’s his fundraising going?  This says he raised $35 Million in the 2nd quarter this year and his indictments have benefitted him:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/05/politics/trump-fundraising-second-quarter/index.html

If I were his campaign manager or his lawyer, I’d tell him not to go to the debate. That doesn’t mean he won’t go. But I’m with Biff. I don’t thing he’ll bother. I think he thinks he’s the guy and to show up would be dignifying the other candidates like they have a legitimate shot or something. They’re beneath him. Why share any oxygen with them?

35 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Or will he hold an alternate event to compete for ratings? One where he’s the only guy who gets to speak?

Fox News and the other networks will cover the debate.  

And by that I mean Fox News is hosting the first debate : https://www.foxnews.com/video/6324771038112

He will be lucky to get NewsMax or OAN but he also knows they’ll cut away and say the 2020 election was not fraudulent when he starts to ramble that it was. It pisses him off that networks do that. 

I guess he can do an X Spaces with Tucker   

He doesn't need to debate. He doesn't need to have rallies, or even really campaign. All he has to do is be Donald Trump, keep his name in the news, and 50% of the Republican primary electorate will show up to vote for him. That will be more than enough, considering that nobody on Earth likes Ron DeSantis and there's 6 other garden gnomes all siphoning off 3-5% apiece.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tokamak said:

All he has to do is be Donald Trump, keep his name in the news, and 50% of the Republican primary electorate will show up to vote for him.

He literally doesn't even have to stay out of jail. 

Remember when Howard Dean's political career ended because he made kind of a weird noise at the end of a speech? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2