The official 2024 GOP Presidential Candidate Clown Car thread!

horn4life

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think Christie is right that he’s the only one that will call out Dotard for what he is. I don’t think it will make a damn bit of difference, but I do think he will. 

Sadly, he probably will be the only one.  I really think someone could make progress by loudly and repeatedly calling Trump a loser who lost both houses and the presidency but no one has the spine to do it.

Let’s not forget that Christie jumped on the Trump train early, helping to legitimize him as a candidate in 2016, and was on TV shilling for him during the 2020 campaign (and helped with his debate prep).  Trump today is the same person he was 2016, Christie is just an opportunist.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

On 6/5/2023 at 10:31 AM, Foosters said:

It was a rhetorical question. I find it more astonishing that your take after being here for a minute is that everyone is downplaying the threat, and that's you're the only one who sees it for what it is.

Foosters: With all due respect, your question was not rhetorical or ironic, as best I can tell. One of the other posters seriously answered your question, with no sense your question was rhetorical, and with zero reference to anything I mentioned about fascism and theocracy. I have seen numerous CR posts very much like yours and the other one. Those are the reasons I posted my comment about MAGA = fascist theocracy and the apparent willful blindness in CR (and across America).

Of course, I am not the only one in CR who sees some kind of threat from MAGA-GQP. But, here are some of the terms I repeatedly see to describe MAGA: extremists, far right, conservatives, Trumpers, MAGAts, grifters, idiots, chuds, morons, clowns, magadonians, racists, white supremacists, etc etc. All true, of course. And good for some laughs. Sometimes, I see a few mention Christian Nationalist and a handful use the term fascist and hardly anyone uses theocracy (outside of the few atheists like me in CR). 

Why is this the case? Seems to me that most in CR here were raised religious (and still are to varying degrees). Perhaps many are also ex-conservatives, who would be unable to see that Bush 2 was a fascist and theocrat (recall the "faith-based" programs) who paved the way for MAGA. They have been successfully brainwashed since childhood by their parents to believe that religion is a force for good, though it is now being betrayed by MAGA-GQP. Both sides cherry pick their fave passages. 

I grew up in Texas and saw this all over the place. So, many in CR have a difficult time seeing their religion being inherently fascist and theocratic, when the historical record is clear across three continents and five centuries. Euro Christians came to the Americas and launched a genocide upon native/indigenous peoples to steal the land and resources, all in the name of God and manifest destiny. Religion is the three Cs; colonize, conquer, convert (those left alive). Peace only comes after the bloodbath. Always. 

Given the attacks on women, POC, LGBTQIA+, science (etc) are all grounded in religion and MAGA Bible thumping, it's clearly fascism and theocracy. Of course, Democrats and mainstream media will never attack religion or Christianity, so religion gets a free pass, when it is, in fact, the underlying ideology to all things MAGA. The US will be a full-on fascist theocracy and the media will still not call it that. 

TLDR: In my view, MAGA-GQP cannot be defeated if they are not properly defined and understood. They are fascists and theocrats. This fact is far too under-stated in CR and throughout America.

Edited by BevoAbyss

15 minutes ago, Jatrain said:

Let’s not forget that Christie jumped on the Trump train early, helping to legitimize him as a candidate in 2016, and was on TV shilling for him during the 2020 campaign (and helped with his debate prep).  Trump today is the same person he was 2016, Christie is just an opportunist.

Like Christie has ever jumped 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think Christie is right that he’s the only one that will call out Dotard for what he is. I don’t think it will make a damn bit of difference, but I do think he will. 

28 minutes ago, WBT said:

Sadly, he probably will be the only one.  I really think someone could make progress by loudly and repeatedly calling Trump a loser who lost both houses and the presidency but no one has the spine to do it.

He probably is the only one who would call out Trump for being a loser.  And being a fat guy, he's probably heard plenty of insults and comments his whole life, and could probably zero in with Trump and cause some pain/damage.

18 minutes ago, Jatrain said:

And the fact that Christie is an opportunist who knows how to read the tea leaves before others do, should scare the shit out of the GOP - he is out there telling everybody Trump is a loser, and wouldn't be doing that if he didn't believe it.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Jatrain said:

Without question. Which is why I said he’s the only one that will call out the Dotard. It’s an opportunity that no one else is taking. Christie is smart. Also a piece of shit, but a smart one. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He had one good day. One. I’m glad he did but that was the exception, not the rule. 

CNN — 

You probably haven’t thought about Dan Quayle in a really long time.

It’s OK, I haven’t either.

After all, the Indiana senator-turned-much-maligned-vice-president under George H.W. Bush left national politics with exactly one thing attached to his name: He didn’t know how to spell “p-o-t-a-t-o.” Well, now Quayle is going to be known by history for something a little more positive: Helping to save democracy. 

See, Quayle served as a sort-of sounding board for Vice President Mike Pence in the final days of the administration as President Donald Trump leaned hard on him to overturn the 2020 presidential election.

The back-and-forth is documented in “Peril,” a soon-to-be released book by Washington Post reporters Bob Woodward and Robert Costa.

• Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, WBT said:

Skip to :30

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Without question. Which is why I said he’s the only one that will call out the Dotard. It’s an opportunity that no one else is taking. Christie is smart. Also a piece of shit, but a smart one. 

I disagree that its an opportunity. We saw plenty in the GQP attack Trump in the leadup to 2016 before he simply slapped them all to the side. Hell, Cruz even tried shitting on Trump at the convention. But along the way they ALL realized that the overwhelming majority of the GQP voting block likes Trump exactly because he's the egotistical, lying shitstain of a buffoon that he is. All these candidates want to attack Trump, but they all know that attacking Trump is an instant disqualification from relevance in the GQP.

So they will try to generate some name recognition by "competing" with Trump by blowing him on stage and hope that they get a cherry spot in his cabinet. Trump will destroy these clowns because they have all been his lackeys in the past. Billy Joe Guntard doesnt want Trump-lite, they want the big dog himself. And without Trumps circus of incels, jesus freaks, greavy seals, klan members, etc....there is no GQP. A GOP primary is a waste of time. Unless Trump gets shanked in jail between now and 2024, he's not losing to these political eunuchs.

32 minutes ago, Bullneck said:
CNN — 

You probably haven’t thought about Dan Quayle in a really long time.

It’s OK, I haven’t either.

After all, the Indiana senator-turned-much-maligned-vice-president under George H.W. Bush left national politics with exactly one thing attached to his name: He didn’t know how to spell “p-o-t-a-t-o.” Well, now Quayle is going to be known by history for something a little more positive: Helping to save democracy. 

See, Quayle served as a sort-of sounding board for Vice President Mike Pence in the final days of the administration as President Donald Trump leaned hard on him to overturn the 2020 presidential election.

The back-and-forth is documented in “Peril,” a soon-to-be released book by Washington Post reporters Bob Woodward and Robert Costa.

Pence is so dumb he has to go to Dan ‘I can’t spell potato’ Quayle for advice. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

I disagree that its an opportunity. We saw plenty in the GQP attack Trump in the leadup to 2016 before he simply slapped them all to the side. Hell, Cruz even tried shitting on Trump at the convention. But along the way they ALL realized that the overwhelming majority of the GQP voting block likes Trump exactly because he's the egotistical, lying shitstain of a buffoon that he is. All these candidates want to attack Trump, but they all know that attacking Trump is an instant disqualification from relevance in the GQP.

So they will try to generate some name recognition by "competing" with Trump by blowing him on stage and hope that they get a cherry spot in his cabinet. Trump will destroy these clowns because they have all been his lackeys in the past. Billy Joe Guntard doesnt want Trump-lite, they want the big dog himself. And without Trumps circus of incels, jesus freaks, greavy seals, klan members, etc....there is no GQP. A GOP primary is a waste of time. Unless Trump gets shanked in jail between now and 2024, he's not losing to these political eunuchs.

Oh I agree wholeheartedly.  The only “opportunity” I’m referring to is a last ditch effort to attempt to convince some small fraction of R voters to abandon that orange buffoon. It won’t work at all. But it is an “opportunity”. 

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

At the end of the day, they are all hoping that Jack Smith is going to take care of Trump (or another DA). They wouldn't be putting themselves in a position for Trump to thoroughly trash them and destroy them in the eyes of MAGA if they didn't think there was a chance that he might be damaged goods heading into next year.

• Hook 'Em 3

And to think Pompeo lost all that weight for nothing.  Christie has a singular mission this go round, save his party from Donald Trump.  It's a Kamikaze mission, but it's one he has thick enough skin to endure.  Trump will loft fat jokes from his own rolls of folds.  But Christie is going to right at what a scumbag this President is.  Not sure Trump won't ultimately be the nominee, but if he is I think Christie will erode Trump's general election support.  I am also assuming that some very serious obstruction charges are coming Trump's way that will mute general election support as well. Both of which are good for Democracy.

The other thing I think Christie may also do is point a glaring light at Jared Kushner's corrupt dealings with the murderer Saudi Prince, while refusing to turn over communications while he was a representative of our government.  Which also points out to even the dumbest republican, that there is something a lot lot bigger than Hunter Biden's corrupt dealings.  Hunter we might want to note was not a representative of the United States Government in the execution of his corrupt actions. Jared Kushener was.  I think this singular thing may be the most helpful to our democracy, even as Fox News avoids any actual news reporting and focuses on the "Biden Crime Family."

What a very strange world we live in.

• Like 2

I hope that's the scenario.  It's good for the general election to have Christie beat up on Trump.  for all his faults, I'll at lest give Christie some credit---he's not a guy who eats shit with a grin on his face.  He'll push back, he's got some spine.  We'd enjoy seeing/hearing that.  But on the other hand, it would be better if it was just Trump beating up on the rest of the primary field so they all wither and implode, and he loses the general in spectacular fashion.  

But I get the play, hammer Trump.  Reset the party and live to fight in 2028 or 2032 as the savior.  Too bad DeSantis doesn't see this move.  Going all in in your mid 40's is an idiotic move.  

I will promise you this, Glenn Youngkin will rise from this shitpile in 4 years the most unscathed and the most likely next GOP nominee.  

• Hook 'Em 4

On 6/4/2023 at 11:36 PM, tx 3 putt said:

Fuck You Cunt 

I could see 1/3 of teen girls contemplating suicide, but more over the idea of inheriting this shit pile country from their parents and grandparents, not so much who they share a locker room with.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

The national debt went up way more than $3T under Trump, didn't it?

Approximately 7 Trillion.  Maybe Christie is excusing him all the COVID measures.

"When Trump entered office in January 2017, the national debt was nearly $19.9 trillion, according to U.S. Treasury data.

The debt did lower slightly during the first few months of Trump's presidency, between the first and second quarters of 2017, but then continued to rise for the next three years, hitting just over $26.9 trillion by the end of the fiscal year in 2020."

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-national-us-debt-1774764

• Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

So basically he's saying the red team deserves a mulligan, to preserve the image of the US?  Gotta think he figures if they can the DOJ to look the other way on Trump for this, then everything else will be moot.   He's not worried about protecting Trump, he's worried people will finally start realizing how much Trump did, and how little they did to stop him, probably even enabling some of it.  

On 6/6/2023 at 8:10 PM, Jatrain said:

Trump did almost kill him with Covid…. Then call him to make sure he wouldn’t tell anyone that fact as Christie was in dire straits with said Covid.

I don’t disagree with your ultimate premise but there may be some good ole fashioned revenge angle here too?

• Hook 'Em 1

It is crazy to me that there isn’t a single serious moderate candidate throwing their hat in the ring for the GOP nomination.  So far we have:

Trump

DeSantis, who is playing to the hard right of Trump

Trumps VP (Pence)

Trumps UN Ambassador (Haley)

One of Trumps early prominent ardent supporters who worked on his 2016 campaign (Christie)

A senator who has consistently gargled Trumps nutsack (Tim Scott)

Who does that leave?  Asa Hutchinson?  Wtf.  I guess it makes sense now that Hogan and Sununu have been ruled out, not sure who would even qualify?  Marco Rubio?

1 hour ago, Snake Diggity said:

It is crazy to me that there isn’t a single serious moderate candidate throwing their hat in the ring for the GOP nomination.  

Why?  They all know they are the party of dotard.  Why would a "moderate" attempt to get in that fray?  It's asinine.

• Like 1

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Why?  They all know they are the party of dotard.  Why would a "moderate" attempt to get in that fray?  It's asinine.

Something can be crazy without being surprising.

Trumps a fuckin loser.  His political brand is in obvious decline.  It is insane that no one is working effectively to take advantage of that.