The official 2024 GOP Presidential Candidate Clown Car thread!

horn4life

On 2/25/2023 at 7:33 AM, Bullneck said:

This brings up the question of whether one is required to be on the ballot in all states in order to run.  RI has 4 electoral votes and has gone D all but four times.

1. Trump would find a judge who will suspend the law for several years and not care how it ultimately is resolved. 

2. If trump somehow was not on the RI ballot, it doesn’t impact the national election.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

John Bolton running on his “nuke everyone” platform will carry a lot of water with evangelicals wanting jebus to come back asap.

The longer the GQP sticks around without consequence, the closer this platform gets to my own preference.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/22/2023 at 11:17 AM, Chuckie Finster said:

Beyond Trump and Desantis, every other person that declares is 1) openly grifting or 2) too stupid to realize they don't have a shot.  Either way, they should be mocked and ignored.  As should Trump and Desantis, but for different reasons.

3. angling for a cabinet spot if they agree to drop out and endorse one of the front runners. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Many prominent Republicans want Trump gone. But they are caught in a trap of their own bad faith: They want prosecutors to do for them the job they are too scared and broken to do for themselves. But they also, for their own crass political advantage, want to pretend to be on Trump’s side during the prosecution—while inwardly cheering on the prosecutors.

Bad faith is a coward’s method, and these bad-faith Republicans are earning the coward’s reward. They hope that the legal system will rescue them from their own humiliating submission, but they are acting to deliver the Republican nomination to Trump for a third time. If Trump does win the nomination, they’ll submit again.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

The clown car is rolling on down the road.  The indictment (or idicate) id you are Trump will be great at fundraising, showing the lack of courage of every elected federal GOP official, and insure Trump will have at least 31% of the vote as the Republican Nominee in 2024.  Asa Hutchinson is actually the sort of guy I used to view as an upstanding Republican, that I used to vote for in all honestly.  I don't agree with all Hutchinson's views, but hell at least I can see the ability to discuss factual information with the man.  And sadly you cannot discuss factual information with nearly any Republican elected or not these days.

The strangest thing about this particular Presidential election period is that we are either going to embrace facts and democracy, or we are going to embrace dishonestly and the complete and total corruption of our nation directed by a potential President Trump.  With flag waving, fact devoid folks cheering all the way to a removal of Presidential Term limits, political accountability and democracy as the Founders envisioed.

Asa Hutchinson won't make a dent in a fact free Republican party, but he will at least be a single cry for intelligence in a sea of mouth foaming liars.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...

Tim Scott is apparently kicking the tires, and trying out how comfy the seats might be.  I guess the exploratory committee is to see if anyone will give him money?  I guess I understand it since the GOP wants him to be the face of the party anytime they want to drift away from the republican's largely racist base for television rebuttals of Biden speeches.  I have to tip my hat to Senator Tim Scott... as the first Black Republican elected to the Senate since.... hold your breath here.... since 1881... So if young people are watching the GOP really is as diverse as they have ever been in a century and a half... 😉

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/12/tim-scott-presidential-exploratory-committee-00091597

• Haha 1

On 2/17/2023 at 11:09 AM, DigglerontheHoof said:

She’s bucking for a VP nod.

Breaking news: Nikki no longer bucking for VP nod.

Republican presidential contender Nikki Haley said Friday that the “past is catching up” with former President Donald Trump as she urged GOP voters to move past the 45th U.S. commander-in-chief, saying he would be a longshot to win the 2024 general election.

“He’s living in the past, and the past is catching up with him in a way that it is causing drama,” Haley told RealClear Politics.

“And I think it’s been politicized. He’s been abused – the way that he has been treated in office and out of office is wrong,” she added about the legal woes facing Trump, 76. “But the American people need to go forward.”

Haley, who served as US ambassador to the United Nations during the Trump administration, said voters should “get the fact that this could be challenging for him to win a general.”

The former South Carolina governor also said she considers Trump a “friend” and was “proud to serve” in his administration, but that was then.

“We have to move forward. We can’t deal with the drama that’s following him. We can’t deal with the baggage,” she told the outlet. “We’ve got a country to save.”

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Haha 1

Yeah, she just fucked herself over 10 months before the first primary.  I figured it would be disclosing her Sikh background to people that assumed she was a Muslim.  But nope, she just went and shot her own dick off.  I'm guessing she got wind that Noem or MTG would be the likely ticket bottom for Trump, and decided to throw a hail mary.  Fucking amateur hour.  He's going to destroy her.  When he's done, she won't be able to run for school board she's so fucked.  Telling Trump he's a has-been is the ultimate insult to him.  He can deal with a lot of shit, but being irrelevant isn't something he will handle politely.  Haley is as dead to Donald now as Tiffany.

On 4/3/2023 at 8:46 AM, horn4life said:

Asa Hutchinson won't make a dent in a fact free Republican party, but he will at least be a single cry for intelligence in a sea of mouth foaming liars.

It really says a lot about the GOP that a graduate of Bob Jones University is being held up as a voice of reason.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, she just fucked herself over 10 months before the first primary.  I figured it would be disclosing her Sikh background to people that assumed she was a Muslim.  But nope, she just went and shot her own dick off.  I'm guessing she got wind that Noem or MTG would be the likely ticket bottom for Trump, and decided to throw a hail mary.  Fucking amateur hour.  He's going to destroy her.  When he's done, she won't be able to run for school board she's so fucked.  Telling Trump he's a has-been is the ultimate insult to him.  He can deal with a lot of shit, but being irrelevant isn't something he will handle politely.  Haley is as dead to Donald now as Tiffany.

I honestly get Noem and Haley mixed up, and would bet a lot of money that Trump does too.  Well, did.  Nikki is on his shit list now.

On 3/13/2023 at 3:09 PM, CooterBrown said:

John Bolton running on his “nuke everyone” platform will carry a lot of water with evangelicals wanting jebus to come back asap.

Based on his book, he may be the only one that will attack Trump and call him a moron to his face.  So maybe that would be kind of fun.

The fact that she physically worked for him and knows his narcissistic style is what baffles me.  You can tell him, as his advisers have, that he needs to tread lightly, or watch what he says, or be kinder, or this or that, etc-and he'll listen.  He won't act on it, but it's not a deal-breaker or destroyer of a loyal fealty to him.  But the one fucking thing you cannot say about Donald Trump is that he's in the past, a has-been, old news.  That's the one fucking thing that will set him off.  And she did it on a massive public forum.  

She is so fucking fucked.  Hyperbole aside, she should probably start fearing for her own safety.  Because the shit he's about to furl upon her is gonna wind up one of his psychopathic cult members something fierce.  

Other than working for him, she didn't seem like that bad of a person.  Shitty, but not horrific.  But he's gonna visit so much fucking pain on her that I don't think she necessarily deserves.  But you work at "Shit Sandwich Cafe", don't be surprised when the boss gives you  a shit sandwich for breakfast.

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I'm guessing she got wind that Noem or MTG would be the likely ticket bottom for Trump, and decided to throw a hail mary. 

MTG has absolutely no chance in hell of even sniffing the ticket - she is way too unattractive for Trump.

It'll be Ivanka.  Or Noem.

Actually, I'm not sure who he will pick.  They have to "look the part", and they have to be all in for him and not have betrayed him in any way, but they also can't be a liability, and they can't upstage him..

And if Ivanka and Jared are truly out of the picture as advisors, it's going to be a batshit choice.

DeSantis has to build something for 2028.  What's it going to be?  Stick around, don't attack Trump, just let Trump constantly shit on him, raise some money, shake some hands and then when Trump loses, DeSantis enters 2028 saying "hey, you nominated Trump twice, he lost twice, I won't lose" all the while he's covered in the shit that Trump is burying him in now, as well as having been out of office for 2 years (and potentially after losing the Disney fight, among other things)?

And what if a Democrat wins the FL Governor's race in 26?

^

Yeah, you knew they'd all fuck it up...but to have 3 different candidates trip over their dick before May Day is really quite breathtaking.  

Haley just basically shouted to Trump, "Come kick me in the cunt!"  Pompeo is out.  Tim Scott's exploratory announcement was about as riveting as a colonoscopy.  Asa Hutchison is a non-starter, way too fucking old with the energy of a dead Prius.  Pence so much as crosses the Iowa border, Trump supporters will murder him again.  

Bolton still has an outside shot.  For all his faults, DeSantis is playing this pretty well.  Trump is trying to goat him over and over again, really hard.  But Ron isn't biting.  Ron is shitting the bed in many ways, but he's also allowing Trump to make one unforced error after another.  It's not brilliant, but it's not terrible either.  

The real winners in this all for 24 or 28 will be Youngkin or Sununu.  People that are actually smart and capable.  I know y'all don't like their politics but those are the 2 that actually have a shot of winning the Oval before this decade is out.  

But the current shitshow is only gonna get worse and uglier and more rife with in-fighting.  And it's gonna be fucking awesome.  Only bad news is they're starting too early and the fuel is gonna burn up before the convention.  

He does not have a shot to win a general, but he absolutely has an outside show to win the RNC nomination.  He has more fucking dirt on Trump than Garland, Bragg, Smith, and Georgia combined.  He is the spy who takes people down with him on his way out and gives not fuck one.  He is by far and away the most ruthless of anyone in that field.  And whats more, he's capable and competent.  He is the reason Pompeo just tucked his newly-discovered dick between his legs and ran home.  

On 2/21/2023 at 10:17 PM, Blotto said:

add another clown to the queue

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/21/us/politics/vivek-ramaswamy-presidential-candidate-2024.html

I read the following quote from Bill Ackman

Lulz, Bill. He should have changed his name first, because there aint no way in hell Billy Joe Guntard is gonna vote for a dude named Vivek Ramaswamy over his favorite diapered racist. Just aint gonna happen. 

I'll be honest, I'd vote for anyone named Billy Joe Guntard.  I think I speak for all of us. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1