2023 off year elections and primaries

Zonahorn

Abortion and weed going to be legal in Ohio.  Very smart timing by the weed lobby to piggyback on the abortion vote.  Hopefully the legislature doesn't follow through on its threat to amend or repeal the weed law.  Not an option for the abortion law which is a constitutional amendment.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, alincoln said:

Abortion and weed going to be legal in Ohio.  Very smart timing by the weed lobby to piggyback on the abortion vote.  Hopefully the legislature doesn't follow through on its threat to amend or repeal the weed law.  Not an option for the abortion law which is a constitutional amendment.

Need recreational marijuana to win by 10+ points to scare the GOP into not messing with it.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Yeah, they'll completely forget about 10 year olds being forced to have babies by this time next year.

I mean this seems like a pretty simple answer anyway, right? There's no way that Democrats can come up with some other abortion law variation to put on the ballot? Or access to birthing services or women's health in some other facet?

• Like 1

So CNN's poll, that they have been touting as an end all be, surveyed 1154, by phone or online (big caveat), then with a live interview, you guessed it by phone.  It's such crap they are even disclosing any other methodology beyond that.   100% bullshit, and they know it, hence non disclosure.  Chasing ratings.  

• Hook 'Em 4

I have not followed many of the elections going on tonight, but Daniel Cameron, and I don’t say this lightly, is an absolutely horrific human being who should never be allowed to run for any public office ever again. I hope the rest of his life is spent cleaning bathrooms overnight at a Waffle House while living in a shanty next to a garbage dumpster.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

You vote in 2-3 consecutive elections and you largely become a permanent voter.  Trump kicked off in 2016 and the youngs were horrified their parents and neighbors and everyone they should have trusted are all so damn stupid got them involved early.

The greatest political mind ever, James Enelow, told me that.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, StassneyHorn said:

You vote in 2-3 consecutive elections and you largely become a permanent voter.  Trump kicked off in 2016 and the youngs were horrified their parents and neighbors and everyone they should have trusted are all so damn stupid got them involved early.

The greatest political mind ever, James Enelow, told me that.

Yeah the GOP really paid the price for 4 years of trump. People are engaged for every single election now. The election of 2014 where the GOP won all the seats because nobody showed up probably won’t happen again.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

So CNN's poll, that they have been touting as an end all be, surveyed 1154, by phone or online (big caveat), then with a live interview, you guessed it by phone.  It's such crap they are even disclosing any other methodology beyond that.   100% bullshit, and they know it, hence non disclosure.  Chasing ratings.  

Is that the poll that has African American males preferring Trump 49/43 over Biden?  Heard Burnett touting it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, alincoln said:

I fucking hate Dewine btw. I wish he would’ve lost his first election. Not sure if you live in Ohio. Just saying that in case you do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Is that the poll that has African American males preferring Trump 49/43 over Biden?  Heard Burnett touting it. 

Yeah, its fucking insane, they are lying and they know it.  It's a parrot follow up poll to the NY Times poll, which at least was willing to short of show its work (which was flagrantly flawed in its own right).  

If you are teaching a math class in fourth grade and someone just gives you an answer on a word problem, with no work being shown, I think you'd be suspicious.  That's exactly what they have done here.   As I said, at least the Times was willing to show you, though you had to dig thru it to find it, that their methodology was utter crap.  CNN isn't even bothering doing this.  

Meanwhile, in the real world, none of what is happening thus far tonight reflects the "dour" Democratic national mood.  

• Rage+1 5

17 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Polling is 100% dead and anything reported is just for click bait.  We have to figure out a better way.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1