Texas Basketball 2023-24

MuellerHorn

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

always wild to go back and look at the rankings 2-3 years after the fact.

IMG_0321.thumb.jpeg.54e0ab8410afbc54f33fd3752f53395f.jpeg

the #9 player in the 2022 class is dropping 30+ for the Utah Jazz, while the #8 player from that class is basically just a high jumper in a basketball uniform.

Stings worse when you consider the fact we probably could have had George but Beard instead chose to go on a wild goose chase for Cason Wallace. 

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Stings worse when you consider the fact we probably could have had George but Beard instead chose to go on a wild goose chase for Cason Wallace. 

How dare you, Saint Beard is perfect! 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

No updates on Disu? It's been three days.

Since there's no competitive disadvantage to saying he's going to play, I'm assuming they haven't said anything because he's not going to play.    Then, if he's either not on the sideline or in crutches, you will know his season is probably over.  So we wait until Saturday.

They're going to hide it until the tournament seeds are announced. I think there's zero chance he plays Saturday or in the Big 12 tournament. They'll say they expect him back for the NCAA tournament to try to get the 9 or 10 seed bid and not get left out because of injury to their best player. 

Will be interesting to see what the committee does

58 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Just a gut feeling that if it were an ACL or something we'd know. Plus Terry said he's "fine". 

Lot different than Vic.  When Rori got hurt and didn't play, his postgame comment was: 

“We’ll know more [Thursday],” Schaefer said. “I don’t really have anything for you right now.”

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

E Hogan (or his sidekick Nick) said this morning that Kurt Bowels reported Disu is OK?  I can't remember the exact quote.  Consider the source.

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, ztejas said:

If he's done then so is this team. 

Yeah, Abmas going nonlinear wasn't near enough to cover the loss of Disu against Baylor.  We might get by a 1st round opponent (maybe a 7 seed) but beyond that it would be pretty grim.

That guy is snakebit.

Edited by jimmyjazz

They say "only" but knee sprains fucking suck man. I am dealing with one right now and walking in a knee brace. The pain and general feeling of instability got so bad a week or so ago I had to go to the ER and get an MRI to make sure I didn't tear my meniscus or something. He's a young D1 athlete though so he's prob fine.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

They say "only" but knee sprains fucking suck man. I am dealing with one right now and walking in a knee brace. The pain and general feeling of instability got so bad a week or so ago I had to go to the ER and get an MRI to make sure I didn't tear my meniscus or something. He's a young D1 athlete though so he's prob fine.

Yeah he'd be out for weeks with a knee sprain. 

But we already knew Bowels was an idiot.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

i’ve unfortunately suffered seven knee injuries (subluxed right kneecap five times + torn meniscus, plus i dislocated and tore the mcl in my left knee). even if it is just a sprain you have got to do some real rehab to get the stability back in your knee. never mind the mental fuck that is trying to come back to play competitive sports when your body has failed you so many times. whatever his knee injury is i doubt we will see him again before the postseason, possibly even the big dance.

17 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Maybe when he hurt his knee he pooped a little bit and freaked out.

I assumed his shots were short because he was clenching his sphincter closed.

• Prepare your anus 2

5 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

So heading into The Dance we got Brock playing with a broken thumb, Disu potentially playing on one leg and Horton playing in general.

And it’s Senior Day on Saturday for those 3 + Max

27 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Also sometimes people like Disu are just built different. lol

Oh he's definitely built different. 

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

So heading into The Dance we got Brock playing with a broken thumb, Disu potentially playing on one leg and Horton playing in general.

As long as Tyrese Hunter plays like 2004 TJ Ford we've got a chance to make some noise.