2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

12 minutes ago, cabowabo said:
8 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:
Among non-pitchers with at least 1,000 games played and 3,000 plate appearances Martin Maldonado’s .206 career batting average is the worst in MLB history.

Amazing.

The 1000 games played is the qualifier that get's him the worst, but even on AB's or PA's he's up there.  

https://www.statmuse.com/mlb/ask?q=who+has+the+lowest+batting+average+of+all-time

image.thumb.png.0a02388d392ef9c7ceee9bde43297e37.png

• Hook 'Em 1

Angels are going to need a full rebuild after this season, so might as well take a chance with Ohtani before he leaves for nothing in FA. Their off-season should include trading Trout with the Rendon kicker to get out of both of those contracts.

The Angels basically traded Lee and Arrighetti for Giolito and Lopez.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Still need a bat. Have got to get Julks/Meyers/Dubon spot out of the lineup with a legit hitter.

LF/CF don't care. Just get someone better than these guys....which shouldn't be hard

First person who says ThAtS bRaNtLeY can meet me at old Astroworld site at 9pm to get shanked

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Chapo said:

Verlander + 20 million for Luis Garcia, who says no?

Garcia wouldn't play until 2025, so not sure what good he would for the Mets.  Maybe 3rd team that is rebuilding (like the Yankees lol)

Garcia went under the knife in early May. It's typically a 12-15 month rehab. He should be back next year by the ASB at the latest.  Unless something goes wrong with his rehab.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Angels are going to need a full rebuild after this season, so might as well take a chance with Ohtani before he leaves for nothing in FA. Their off-season should include trading Trout with the Rendon kicker to get out of both of those contracts.

The Angels basically traded Lee and Arrighetti for Giolito and Lopez.

Quero is a lot more highly thought of than Lee.  Equivalent Astros package would have been closer to Gilbert and Arrighetti.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

I gave no thought to Singleton ever coming up as he’s never been able to do anything in the bigs but he just absolutely is destroying AAA pitching this year. I’m getting curious.

He most likely wouldn’t be worth a shit.  But every time he makes contact the ball has a chance of leaving the yard; that’s probably worth having him on the bench for pinch hitting scenarios that present a favorable matchup.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

He most likely wouldn’t be worth a shit.  But every time he makes contact the ball has a chance of leaving the yard; that’s probably worth having him on the bench for pinch hitting scenarios that present a favorable matchup.

Suffice to say I’d rather see Singleton at DH than Madris. 

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Yeah. I’d guess I’d much rather have him up there hacking than Sigh Madris if we have to have a lefty.

1 hour ago, Strat said:

Altuve, Breg, Alvarez, King Tuck, Singleton-DH, Chas, Abreu, Diaz, Pena 

If we could get this lineup in the next week or 2, that wouldn't suck.. But I'm sure it's a dream.. 

Stop with Singleton. He is a AAAA star. He should not see the Astros lineup. He had a .325 ops with Milwaukee this year

Edited by LebongJames
  • Hook 'Em 1