2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I mean, think of it.

How can Dusty even think of going back to putting Maldy back in the lineup tomorrow?

I know it's beating a dead horse, but goddamn.

I like and respect Maldy. He seems like a truly good person.  But he just does not fit into what we are trying to accomplish this year and every year.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, WBT said:

I'm so beaten down I almost want to let it go but Abreu and Neris in a 6-run game?

Yeah, I was debating posting the same.

I have little doubt we’re going to lose a game later this series because maton or stanek is on (I’m sure it will be tomorrow when I’m there). Really nullifies our advantage in this series of us getting in to their pen early with a big league if you are going to send out our big guns anyway….

but will just sit back and enjoy this game for now. 

3 minutes ago, Overlord said:

How can Dusty even think of going back to putting Maldy back in the lineup tomorrow?

Have you watched any Astros baseball this season?  Then you know Maldy is starting tomorrow.

He's about as much baseball fun as human strike zones.

Edited by slorch

3 minutes ago, Overlord said:

I mean, think of it.

I know it's beating a dead horse, but goddamn.

I like and respect Maldy. He seems like a truly good person.  But he just does not fit into what we are trying to accomplish this year and every year.

Diaz tired himself out running around the bases after that grand slam 

Edited by tx 3 putt

3 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Stanek had his head up his ass and now he's gone for the season.

I’m not sorry to see the end of Staneks astros career. If we could be blessed to have the same happen to Maldy tomorrow night this season might get where it needs to be. 
I’m assuming we aren’t talking about anything career or life threatening. Just lucky- like when Maton broke his hand to give us no choice to fuck up and roster him for the post season. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m not sorry to see the end of Staneks astros career. If we could be blessed to have the same happen to Maldy tomorrow night this season might get where it needs to be. 
I’m assuming we aren’t talking about anything career or life threatening. Just lucky- like when Maton broke his hand to give us no choice to fuck up and roster him for the post season. 

Bro. Rephrase or something. 

3 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

We don’t play any more Thursday’s. 

I checked the schedule.

Apparently we never played a Thursday game in April and May as well.

That seems odd, no? 3 months of a 162 game season without playing on a Thursday.

The Astros are 3-6 this year in Thursday games. So I guess ... good we don't play on Thursday anymore.

Edited by Dnaguy

Wulaw has had a couple of fucked up posts today. 

16 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

If y’all could do us a favor and stick a broom up our ass and end our season so we can fire Dusty Baker that would be great. Thanks. 

17 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

I checked the schedule.

Apparently we never played a Thursday game in April and May as well.

That seems odd, no? 3 months of a 162 game season without playing on a Thursday.

The Astros are 3-6 this year in Thursday games. So I guess ... good we don't play on Thursday anymore.

I think it’s that they build in time late season for makeups and we haven’t needed to use any