2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

7 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

It's time to admit that we are all in an abusive relationship with the 2023 Houston Astros. Sure they've spent the last two weeks on a bender beating the shit out of us every night, but they brought home flowers last night, so they've clearly changed. Plus, how would we get by without them?

Perfect analogy. “He didn’t mean it when he hit me”.

If we can't win the division, I'd rather stay right where we are and play Minnesota instead of the Rays.  If we beat Minnesota, then we'd open the ALDS at the Rangers on October 7.  If that was a night game, that would make for a helluva day in Dallas.  There would be a game on Sunday at the Rangers too, and Monday is a holiday.
This is the recipe for an epic Surly post.

27 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The refusal to put an obviously finished Brantley on the injured list and intentionally shortening our bench is as close as you can get to a true "fired for cause: incompetence" scenario for the GM.

We’ve been operating as a dumb organization, top to bottom, since the ‘22 WS ended. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, UTexasFight said:

I guess Brantley’s dead again. Assuming so, here is our playoff lineup 

53 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The refusal to put an obviously finished Brantley on the injured list and intentionally shortening our bench is as close as you can get to a true "fired for cause: incompetence" scenario for the GM.

1 hour ago, CycleTex87 said:

Brantley’s shoulder has fallen off after a dozen at bats.  

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

It's time to admit that we are all in an abusive relationship with the 2023 Houston Astros. Sure they've spent the last two weeks on a bender beating the shit out of us every night, but they brought home flowers last night, so they've clearly changed. Plus, how would we get by without them?

This was literally the last 5 minutes of my podcast. It made my co host very uncomfortable. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3