2023 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

So, I posted on this thread (several times) a while back in Derka-esque fashion (after too many beers) and decided that I don't want to be that guy.

But here I am.  

The Angels aren't trading the greatest player in baseball history.  They very well may lose him in free agency, but they aren't trading him.   Last night's trade with CWS made that clear, and Shohei certainly responded today, with the finest day of baseball that I've ever witnessed.  His best start ever, and two knocks in the second game. 

He's super-human.  Arte should offer a 750 for 10 years.  Fuck it, he's worth it.  If Shohei's arm falls off next year, it will still be a better investment than The Angels made with that cocksucking, scumbag doper Josh Hamilton (why wasn't fentenyl around back then).

• Hook 'Em 2

No the stupid thing is when they try to compare them to Ohtani. Anyone trying to go both ways will have to deal with the standard of moros expecting them to be as good as Ohtani.

Look at Caglionne from Florida. He has Ohtani power and Ohtani velocity. But he needs refinement to even make the major leagues. If he doesnt improve swing selection he will strike out too much to make the majors. And if he doesnt improve his control on the mound he wont make the majors. He might need to pick one and stick with it.

Hes nowhere near as refined as Ohtani, who at that age was already playing professionally both ways at a high level.

3 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

No the stupid thing is when they try to compare them to Ohtani. Anyone trying to go both ways will have to deal with the standard of moros expecting them to be as good as Ohtani.

Look at Caglionne from Florida. He has Ohtani power and Ohtani velocity. But he needs refinement to even make the major leagues. If he doesnt improve swing selection he will strike out too much to make the majors. And if he doesnt improve his control on the mound he wont make the majors. He might need to pick one and stick with it.

Hes nowhere near as refined as Ohtani, who at that age was already playing professionally both ways at a high level.

I wonder if Dave Winfield could’ve pulled it off.  I know our own Brooks Kieschnick was a two way stud and this kid named Micah Owings as well

Miggy just singled in the 9th to go 2 for 4 in what is expected to be his last game in Miami.  Pretty cool.

They showed a highlight of him hitting a walkoff homer in his very first game.  I'm not sure what year it changed over but it seems like there aren't many guys still playing that started in 4:3 aspect ratio.

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1

Bobby Witt Jr has gone GS, solo shot and rbi single in his last 3 ABs. Our boy is growing up right in front of us. 
ETA: Witt is the first Royal ever to have a hit and  rbi in 5 consecutive PAs. I’m surprised Brett never did that. 

Edited by Shoxthemonkey

5 hours ago, WBT said:

Miggy just singled in the 9th to go 2 for 4 in what is expected to be his last game in Miami.  Pretty cool.

They showed a highlight of him hitting a walkoff homer in his very first game.  I'm not sure what year it changed over but it seems like there aren't many guys still playing that started in 4:3 aspect ratio.

Why did I think Miggy retired after last season?  Didn’t he get a token all-star nod last year as tribute?