45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

52 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'll provide a real world example. Rimbo needs to believe Trump is going lose the way Rimbo needed to believe that Greg Davis was a good offensive coordinator becuase STATS! and that Charlie Strong was a great coach at Texas...right until he fucking wasn't. He then he came to see the inherent dangers and patterns everyone had been telling him about for years. This is how he behaves. I've grown to like the guy as a poster from someone I used to get into it with on what felt like a daily basis, but some of those blind spots continue to exist, as they do in all of us, becuase we're human and actual change is pretty fucking hard. 

That's nice that you see it, but two things.

One, I've learned from my mistakes. Not just that Strong and Davis sucked, but WHY, and that my attitude towards them was all wrong. Which is why, after our first ever CFP appearance with Sark (whom I love and want to succeed) I'm still saying, "Let's see what happens THIS year."

You're finding me far more tolerable because I have actually changed.

Second, I know a lot more about political science and history than I do about football.

The problem here is that I walk into these conversations thinking I'm among peers, saying things like "you're just not paying attention," but most of y'all do NOT have a multi-decade obsession with history and the fall of democracies; you aren't reading thousand-page history books for fun, picking apart the details of every article in the Times, following law blogs and polls and all the stuff that fascinates me. Instead, you have a bunch of Jimmy Jazz: "What evidence? We only have two points of data; the 2016 election and 2020."

That's as frustrating for me to hear as me saying "TRUST TEH CAOCHEZ" was for you when I was barking it 20 years ago. You can't talk to that level of ignorance; you just have to wait it out.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

That's nice that you see it, but two things.

One, I've learned from my mistakes. Not just that Strong and Davis sucked, but WHY, and that my attitude towards them was all wrong. Which is why, after our first ever CFP appearance with Sark (whom I love and want to succeed) I'm still saying, "Let's see what happens THIS year."

You're finding me far more tolerable because I have actually changed.

Second, I know a lot more about political science and history than I do about football.

The problem here is that I walk into these conversations thinking I'm among peers, saying things like "you're just not paying attention," but most of y'all do NOT have a multi-decade obsession with history and the fall of democracies; you aren't reading thousand-page history books for fun, picking apart the details of every article in the Times, following law blogs and polls and all the stuff that fascinates me. Instead, you have a bunch of Jimmy Jazz: "What evidence? We only have two points of data; the 2016 election and 2020."

That's as frustrating for me to hear as me saying "TRUST TEH CAOCHEZ" was for you when I was barking it 20 years ago. You can't talk to that level of ignorance; you just have to wait it out.

Shrug. I'm cheering for you to be right about this...we all are. But no one can predict the future, and there are more than a few troubling things happening at once in this society. I've read the Rise and Fall of the Third Reich. I'm sure a history buff such as yourself has as well, and the paralells are striking. So I think you should forgive anyone who doesn't see things the way you see them because, and I'm paraphrasing, YOU "read history books and the news and law blogs and polls." Oh, well in that case, you can't be wrong. You must be the only one. You were just as confident before. I hope you're right. 

If Trump wins I think you should commit to a Futureman style Fisting of yourself. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

So you have a demonstrated multi-decade pattern of misreading the room, but now you're all better?  That's what we're supposed to believe?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Oh, well in that case, you can't be wrong. You must be the only one. You were just as confident before.

Look, back in the day, you and CTJ would point out things like "GDGD expecting a guard to do a reach block in such-and-such situation" and it might as well have been Swahili for all I understood it. Didn't know what that was, how I could recognize it, or why it was specifically bad in that situation. I bought AFCA Coaching Bibles and subscribed to YouTube channels like Kurt Warner's Studyball and Brett Kollmann.

And after all that... I STILL don't know what it means. BUT, you could explain it to me now, and even if I didn't get what you were saying, I'd recognize that this is MY ignorance that's the problem.

But back then? I didn't even know what I didn't know. So I plowed forwards.

I'm absolutely certain in this case only that I COULD be wrong. Because I know enough about the topic that I know where the boundaries of my predictions and knowledge lie.

But folks yelling at me with the equivalent of "TURST DA CORCHES" isn't going to have much effect on my point of view.

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If Trump wins I think you should commit to a Futureman style Fisting of yourself. 

Edited 9 minutes ago by SydneyCarton

if Trump wins, we're all getting it in the ass, no matter what I agree to. it would be redundant

• Prepare your anus 1

Look, back in the day, you and CTJ would point out things like "GDGD expecting a guard to do a reach block in such-and-such situation" and it might as well have been Swahili for all I understood it. Didn't know what that was, how I could recognize it, or why it was specifically bad in that situation. I bought AFCA Coaching Bibles and subscribed to YouTube channels like Kurt Warner's Studyball and Brett Kollmann.

And after all that... I STILL don't know what it means. BUT, you could explain it to me now, and even if I didn't get what you were saying, I'd recognize that this is MY ignorance that's the problem.

But back then? I didn't even know what I didn't know. So I plowed forwards.

I'm absolutely certain in this case only that I COULD be wrong. Because I know enough about the topic that I know where the boundaries of my predictions and knowledge lie.

But folks yelling at me with the equivalent of "TURST DA CORCHES" isn't going to have much effect on my point of view.

Lol. It may have been Swahili for you to understand, but that never stopped you from going full Mark Twain Rarely Right, Always Confident, as you admit. And in this post you just admitted that you also COULD be wrong now. And no one's going to ask you to change your views. But it is PROBABLY reasonable, for a man who claims to have changed so much, to maybe just maybe tone down the "You are all fucking ignorant dipshits who don't know what the fuck you're talking about or witnessing becuase I voraciously read law blogs" bullshit attitude because you just admitted you could be fucking wrong. 

In light of that, "TURST DA RIMBO" isn't exactly a compelling fucking pitch, even to those of us who can't be your blog reading peers. Maybe try a new approach.

4 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

if Trump wins, we're all getting it in the ass, no matter what I agree to. it would be redundant

Maybe to you. But cathartic for the rest of us. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

10 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

So when do the "truth" rants fire up?  Maybe Trump should eat some corn like that cat so he can shitpost and cornshit at the same time.

Dentures and corn don't mix well.  

So when do the "truth" rants fire up?  Maybe Trump should eat some corn like that cat so he can shitpost and cornshit at the same time.

I am now questioning my posting decisions on this thread.

• Haha 2

Of course this right-wing Trump protecting judge decides to drop this on a Friday afternoon with the hope that by Monday it will be forgotten about. Classic.

It's begun:

A Crooked New York State Judge, working with a totally Corrupt Attorney General who ran on the basis of “I will get Trump,” before knowing anything about me or my company, has just fined me $355 Million based on nothing other than having built a GREAT COMPANY. ELECTION INTERFERENCE. WITCH HUNT (more to follow!).

The Justice System in New York State, and America as a whole, is under assault by partisan, deluded, biased Judges and Prosecutors. Racist, Corrupt A.G. Tish James has been obsessed with “Getting Trump” for years, and used Crooked New York State Judge Engoron to get an illegal, unAmerican judgment against me, my family, and my tremendous business. I helped New York City during its worst of times, and now, while it is overrun with Violent Biden Migrant Crime, the Radicals are doing all they can to kick me out…..

Page 2: This “decision” is a Complete and Total SHAM. There were No Victims, No Damages, No Complaints. Only satisfied Banks and Insurance Companies (which made a ton of money), GREAT Financial Statements, that didn’t even include the most valuable Asset - The TRUMP Brand, IRONCLAD Disclaimers (Buyer Beware, and Do your Own Due Diligence), and amazing Properties all over the World. All the other side had was a ridiculous $18 million valuation of magnificent Mar-a-Lago, an unConstitutional Gag Order, a Consumer Fraud Statute never before used for this purpose, No Jury allowed, and a refusal to send this disgusting charade to the Commercial Division, where it would have been put to a deserving end…

Page 3: This “case” is OVER ever since the Appellate Division ended it on Statute of Limitations, also letting my daughter Ivanka out of this Witch Hunt. The Democrat Club-controlled Judge Engoron has already been reversed four times on this case, a shameful record, and he will be reversed again. We cannot let injustice stand, and will fight Crooked Joe Biden’s weaponized persecution at every step. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Glad to see he addressed this prior to posting about the case:

The Fake News used Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) to create the picture on the top left. These are despicable people, but everyone knows that. The other pictures are me hitting Golf balls today to show the difference. Sadly, in our Country, Fake News is all you get!

image.thumb.png.862269e2b2d21080543aae462c1cb283.png

21 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Maybe he had to pawn his truth account.  I hear that in Philadelphia, it's worth fifty bucks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, miguelito said:

So, to appeal, does he have to put up a large sum of money first? I thought I read that somewhere.

On a typical monetary judgment, a supercedeas bond prevents collection on the judgment while on appeal.  Since this is a civil penalty, I don't know how NY state law handles it.

4 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

it’s hard to tell with that far past parallel, but that ball is going way to the right

It's a big chicken wing to be sure.  Very common for players trying to generate power to compensate for weak upper body strength.  Plus, I don't think you are supposed to golf in the midst of your 3rd trimester.  

• Like 2
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, miguelito said:

So, to appeal, does he have to put up a large sum of money first? I thought I read that somewhere.

For the E. Jean Carroll deal at least, I understood that the supersedeas "bond" is functionally the full cash amount of the judgment, plus some stout percentage like another 10% (NY law -- not my area of practice).  But that's stout.  Want to keep E. Jean from collecting on her judgment while you appeal?  You gotta put $85 million -- maybe closer to $95 million -- in the registry of the court.  You got that kinda cash laying around, Donny boy?

Also, as to Rimbo, here's the issue I have with your confidence: what we're facing in Trump and Trumpism isn't an ordinary back-and-forth political swing thing.  It's an existential crisis.  He has openly stated that he wants to end the Republic, and he has tens of millions of supporters who want him to do just that.  And yes, those of us who have read up on German history are fucking horrified by the parallels.  So, to take us back to that time, let me tell you when this battle is won:

It's won after Hitler blows his own brains out, and his body is burned and hastily disposed of.

It's won when the Japanese actually sign the documents of unconditional surrender on the deck of the Missouri in Tokyo Bay.

And not ONE SECOND before those things happen.  Run all the way through the finish line, then run another 100 yards just to be fucking sure.  No resting.  No prediction of victory.  No cockiness.  Just fucking relentless attacks, making the rubble bounce when we can't find any other primary targets worth a shit because we've already blown everything up.  We were fighting for the future of the world and our country in 1945, we're fighting for the life of the Republic now.  We need to approach it the same way.  Believe that you very well could lose every single moment until you've actually got the surrender papers signed, and don't act differently even a second before.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, Brisketexan said:

For the E. Jean Carroll deal at least, I understood that the supersedeas "bond" is functionally the full cash amount of the judgment, plus some stout percentage like another 10% (NY law -- not my area of practice).  But that's stout.  Want to keep E. Jean from collecting on her judgment while you appeal?  You gotta put $85 million -- maybe closer to $95 million -- in the registry of the court.  You got that kinda cash laying around, Donny boy?

I just read (can't find it on desktop dammit) that the bond for appeal in this case is 120% of the judgment. 

Also, this judgment doesn't include the 9% interest tacked on so it's more like $450 million so the bond will have to be 120% of whatever that amount is.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, miguelito said:

Bond would forestall the immediate enforcement of judgment. But to post a bond he'll need a licensed surety and they'll require full payment or maybe even more than full payment as Brisket wrote (or collateral may suffice? If that's allowed in NY).

If he doesn’t post bond, he could still appeal, but in the meantime NY could start attaching liens and seizing goods and property.

Just now, The Dog said:

what's he going to do- stand in front of Trump Tower and try to stop them?

This is all paperwork. He doesn't get to choose. 

The forced liquidation part happens at that point, right? I guess he can go bid on his shit at the courthouse steps, but good luck with that, you need all cash.   

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

What if he refuses to comply with that.

It ain't up to him.  Like, literal armed deputies show up and take shit (anything that's moveable, like gold-plated dining tables and such).  The court issues writs of garnishment that are then sent to banks holding Trump's money - those banks then comply with the writ, and send the money to the court.  Even real property, they just file documents in the applicable property records that functionally say "by order of the Court, this building is now mine."  And it is.  The new owner then sells it, and applies the proceeds towards the judgment amount.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

what's he going to do- stand in front of Trump Tower and try to stop them?

This is all paperwork. He doesn't get to choose. 

I mean what power do they have outside of New York State?

They can’t seize an asset with liens on it. The lien holders wouldn’t be cool with that. 

Just now, Brisketexan said:

It ain't up to him.  Like, literal armed deputies show up and take shit.  The court issues writs of garnishment that are then sent to banks holding Trump's money - those banks then comply with the writ, and send the money to the court.  Even real property, they just file documents in the applicable property records that functionally say "by order of the Court, this building is now mine."  And it is.  The new owner then sells it, and applies the proceeds towards the judgment amount.

But he doesn’t own anything outright. That’s the problem. 

20 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

As I am understand it, the provision that bars him from obtaining a loan from a NY licensed institution is big because it prevents him from posting a bond and appealing. 

As has been mentioned, either the Saudis, Putin, or Musk will pony up the money for an appeal.

1 minute ago, immamac said:

They can’t seize an asset with liens on it. The lien holders wouldn’t be cool with that. 

Isn't the government first in lien lines pretty much at all times?  

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

It ain't up to him.  Like, literal armed deputies show up and take shit (anything that's moveable, like gold-plated dining tables and such).  The court issues writs of garnishment that are then sent to banks holding Trump's money - those banks then comply with the writ, and send the money to the court.  Even real property, they just file documents in the applicable property records that functionally say "by order of the Court, this building is now mine."  And it is.  The new owner then sells it, and applies the proceeds towards the judgment amount.

I can’t wait to see dumb Trumpkins buying his gold toilets!

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

1. seize asset

2. auction it off

3. use proceeds to pay lienholders. whatever is left over goes towards the fine.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

They can domesticate the judgment in other states where he has assets if that is an issue. Full faith and credit bro. But, frankly, I have to think there are enough assets in NY alone to make this super painful for him regardless. 

Of course they can. They just take ownership subject to those liens. If they sell, they have to satisfy the liens. 

That reduces the percentage of the asset applied to the judgment, not whether they asset can be seized. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I can’t wait to see dumb Trumpkins buying his gold toilets!

Pro tip: if it was owned by Donald Trump, everything can be a toilet.  Hell, I might buy one of his fancy chairs, and charge people $50 each for the privilege of pissing all over it.  I could probably make enough money to retire in about a week.

• Haha 4