45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

5 hours ago, Rimbo said:

I mean, that's literally what they just talked about re: the Access Hollywood tape. If you're famous, "they" let you get away with everything.

On the other hand, "they" aren't courts of law. "They" are the public and the media.

Plenty of women have known guys with Trump‘s attitude (but not his fame or money) who think they can get away with anything. Maybe it’s a boss or a co-worker, or a neighbor, whatever.  Hopefully some of those women ended up on the jury.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Or running Tesla and Twitter.

Speaking of which, as a Tesla shareholder (I know), I voted against all their board compensation measures today.  I've never voted as a shareholder for any company before today.  Fuck you Elon.  But I do love my car.  I got it before he went nuts!

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Speaking of which, as a Tesla shareholder (I know), I voted against all their board compensation measures today.  I've never voted as a shareholder for any company before today.  Fuck you Elon.  But I do love my car.  I got it before he went nuts!

“I liked Trump from the Apprentice” isn’t the flex you think it is sir. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I wouldn't trust her at all, that's not a lie that'll be easy to definitively uncover, and she knows it'd be a bombshell if she said he admitted it 

Edited by ChuckNorrisActionJeans
and I strongly disagree that he never admits anything ever

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Hearing CNN talk about how Hope Hicks clearly cared for him and felt bad just shows how soulless a ghoul she is.  No decent human being could go through the past several years being that adjacent to that fuck head and still think he's a good guy.  What a broken human she is.

C'mon man, you're better than this.  They did a good job describing how he treated her like a daughter (unlike Ivanka) and much different than other people in his world.  She was relatively young and impressionable. After Jan 6 she broke off, but the emotions prior don't just die for anyone human. She's far from a ghoul.

Beyond that CNN has a great panel of prosecutors and one defense attorey talking about the sausage making of a trial.  Even if you don't like CNN it's really interesting. There's so much detail into the thinking and dancing between defense and prosecution production I find really interesting.

And she's really hot, so if you speak her name again it's soulless DIME.

Edited by Mach 1
Dime

7 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

This seems as good a thread as any to bring it up...repeatedly if the frustration level fits.  My frustration level with this shit-stain hit defcon1 years ago.   I'm not going to apologize for pointing out the special boy's special treatment for the umpteenth time. 

Who asked you to apologize?

I find it boring to constantly read those same comments over and over - because there is never anything new or interesting or insightful that accompanies that mantra.  But maybe that’s just me. Feel free to Groundhog Day your observations to your heart’s content. I’m the last guy who posts on this site with any ability or right to change things, guest pest that I am.

Trump is a shit stain who gets treatment other people might not get.  We will sign the fucking affidavit.  But if we do, I suspect many here will  keep posting the same thing for the umpty-umpteenth time.  No problem.  And I have to tell you, Trump makes me so crazy that I go off all the time complaining about it to my family.  They are a bit tired of it, but I don’t stop, so I sure can’t ask anything different of you.  Mea culpa and all….It’s not like you shot a puppy in the head in a gravel pit

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mach 1 said:

C'mon man, you're better than this.  They did a good job describing how he treated her like a daughter (unlike Ivanka) and much different than other people in his world.  She was relatively young and impressionable. After Jan 6 she broke off, but the emotions prior don't just die for anyone human. She's far from a ghoul.

Beyond that CNN has a great panel of prosecutors and one defense attorey talking about the sausage making of a trial.  Even if you don't like CNN it's really interesting. There's so much detail into the thinking and dancing between defense and prosecution production I find really interesting.

And she's really hot, so if you speak her name again it's soulless DIME.

image.gif.120a93af04ab593acaa0048a5a8e85f0.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Who asked you to apologize?

I find it boring to constantly read those same comments over and over - because there is never anything new or interesting or insightful that accompanies that mantra.  But maybe that’s just me. Feel free to Groundhog Day your observations to your heart’s content. I’m the last guy who posts on this site with any ability or right to change things, guest pest that I am.

Trump is a shit stain who gets treatment other people might not get.  We will sign the fucking affidavit.  But if we do, I suspect many here will  keep posting the same thing for the umpty-umpteenth time.  No problem.  And I have to tell you, Trump makes me so crazy that I go off all the time complaining about it to my family.  They are a bit tired of it, but I don’t stop, so I sure can’t ask anything different of you.  Mea culpa and all….It’s not like you shot a puppy in the head in a gravel pit

I could attribute this same quote, word for word, to you lawyers on this site that keep saying the same bullshit over and over about how it’s just working as designed. Literally every word. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I could attribute this same quote, word for word, to you lawyers on this site that keep saying the same bullshit over and over about how it’s just working as designed. Literally every word. 

Except that the law-dogs actually have an informative point to make.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

This is a really fresh take. We have not seen this issue brought up before.

Here is a suggestion: why not start a thread in CR and call it “justice system powerless against orange shit stain”.  As we go through Trump‘s various trials, every time the justice system displeases you, you and your unhappy brethren can post in that thread, and not continually interject that same opinion/observation throughout this thread.     

It is not an invalid topic, to be sure, and given the frequency and passion expressed in similar comments by several posters, it would seem that that topic legitimately deserves its own thread. 

J Peterman No GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

This may be Trump’s greatest contribution to our society.  Its like a progressive tax on being stupid.  The stupider you are, the greater the tax becomes in relation to your means.

Taxes are supposed to go towards things that are a collective societal benefit. 

• Hook 'Em 2

The thing about Trump, if you take away the judgment of him personally and the threat he presents, is that he's just such a bizarre individual.  The combination of wealth, extreme narcissism, and stupidity means that he creates situations that have largely never before been encountered.  Especially when you consider that he has an audience that uncritically swallows every utterance.

His treatment seems special, but it's like every "institution" he encounters doesn't quite know what to do with him.

The law, or more accurately the Latin language, has a word for it/him:  sui generis.

For example, the gag order.  Most criminal defendants don't get gagged, because they really have nothing to say and usually no platform to say it on.  There are plenty of defendants that are probably as crazy as Trump and have unhinged things to say about their court cases, but no one would listen or publicize it.  No one would argue that their crazed bloviation influences witnesses.

Even most politicians, see Cuellar and Menendez, have little to say and don't want to say it except under carefully controlled circumstances (e.g. remarks prepared by counsel made in a short press conference).  Most defendants couldn't rely on 1A/political speech as a defense to the gag order or its application to them.  They wouldn't try to run for reelection in most cases and wouldn't make prosecution a central point of their campaigns.

So, it's a lot of fun to speculate or argue that anyone else would have gotten hammered by now on things like the gag order.  But there really isn't a valid comparison to Trump.

Although it's a factor, Trump's "wealth" and ability to hire counsel to push the limits for him aren't the sole reason everything is so weird around him.  He's just such a fucking weirdo is what it boils down to.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

Maybe.
The problem is, you think that evaluation is a blanket enforcement, not an indictment, of the system.
The core thing we’re pointing out is that ANY system of justice, because it is an imperfect human institution created and run by humans, will have an Achilles heel. Want it to have decent accommodation for due process and fairness? Exceptionally bad actors will be able to game it. Want it to be so draconian that it quashes those bad actors? Accept that you’re going to lose a shitload of due process and fairness.
The problem is worst when we the people enable and reward the bad actor. Like we’ve done with Trump. The problem is tens of millions of your fellow Americans who masturbate furiously to the idea of being ruled by a criminal dictator.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

But I do love my car. 

Time to sell the Tesla. 

No way would I show any support for Musk. He’s a fascist, traffics in hate and conspiracy, and is a poseur futurist.

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

As long as Hope is in the news; she's off the market fellas:

https://pagesix.com/2024/05/03/gossip/hope-hicks-engaged-to-goldman-sachs-exec-jim-donovan/?_gl=1*dffzon*_ga*MjA5Njc1NDM3OC4xNzA2MjkxMTk2*_ga_0DZ7LHF5PZ*MTcxNDgyMTkyMS4zMjkuMS4xNzE0ODIyMDE5LjAuMC4w&_ga=2.155409144.2139244855.1714745308-2096754378.1706291196

Donald Trump’s former communications director Hope Hicks, 35, is engaged to Goldman Sachs boss Jim Donovan, 58, Page Six reported. The site reported that they started dating in 2019 and became engaged months ago while on a hike in Italy. Hicks previously dated former top Trump aide, Rob Porter, who resigned amid allegations of abuse from his two ex-wives. She was also previously said to have been in an on-off relationship with former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, according to Michael Wolff’s book, Fire and Fury. Donovan was previously married to his wife, Christi, 52, with whom he shares four children. Like Hicks, he has close ties to the former Trump administration, having served on the former president’s Intelligence Advisory Board. Hicks took the stand Friday in the hush money trial of her former boss breaking down in tears and refusing to make eye contact with him as she delivered her testimony.

• Haha 5

lol 35 and 58. Good move for her financially I guess. 
Meanwhile, since leaving the White House, Hicks has been building her own corporate consulting firm, splitting her time with clients between New York and Washington, DC.
Put another way, Hope is using her entrée to Trump and Company to get corporations to pay her money for that access should he win again. Thinking about it a bit, she was likely crying on the stand because she realized not only was she torpedoing Trump, she was torpedoing her business model.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

12 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I have no doubt you could. Just the last couple of weeks Trump has lost hearing after hearing after hearing at appellate courts and in this court.   He has lost crucial issues on motions in limine that allowed all kinds of damaging exhibits to be introduced.    Doddard tried his bullshit about the gag order preventing him from testifying, and he had to listen to the judge shove it down his throat in open court - and Trump admit that he understood what he was saying to his cultists was not true. Trump even mouthed “thank you” to the court after being whacked on the ass with that paddle. 

See video of Judge Merchan and Trump

IMG_2665.gif.f1f557eecac1f009bc31cd7e48a5d08a.gif

Hope Hicks did a tremendous amount of damage to Trump and supported most of the key elements of the criminal charge.   And this damage came from a witness correctly seen as being a Trump fan, which makes her testimony and evidence all the more compelling and favorable to the prosecution. While the law dogs are celebrating that glorious day, you are still bitching about the system.

There are literally dozens of motions that have been going on - any of which could be a tremendous problem for the prosecutors.  Yet Trump’s bullshit is not prevailing.   it is true that one Trump fan juror can stop the prosecution, you can’t place that on the judicial system treating Trump differently.   The system was literally set up so that one person could derail an unfair conviction.   You will tear your hair out at the thought of a MAGA letting him go, but would rightfully cheer if a single juror stopped some racist unfair conviction against a black man in some Podunk rural County railroad trial.  You cannot have one without the other.

And you make a truly shitty comparison when you compare our long and wordy explanations of why things are happening with your never changing ‘Trump gets away with everything’ rant. 

And it just never seems to hit your brain pan that the reason other defendants don’t bring up bullshit presidential immunity and free speech while campaigning defenses is that we’ve never had another fucking president in a criminal trial.   And more importantly, we have never had a politician, let alone a former president in a criminal trial - where a third of the country and almost all of one political party supports the accused and his horrific actions. 

Your average drug dealer will not potentially bring mouth breathers from Idaho and Alabama and Texas to DC to harass witnesses and jurors and court staff, with Fox News nightly telling the world that the things the mouth breathers are mad about are true.  Saying that Trump is like every other defendant - and being astonished that his trial is different - makes me shake my head at your inability to consider some of the things that brisket and twice and many others have told you. 

20 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

You will tear your hair out at the thought of a MAGA letting him go, but would rightfully cheer if a single juror stopped some racist unfair conviction against a black man in some Podunk rural County railroad trial.  You cannot have one without the other.

I am but a simple layman, but the thought of any juror who has a personal agenda they will act on in deliberations getting through voir dire makes my blood boil.  I know it happens, though.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I am but a simple layman, but the thought of any juror who has a personal agenda they will act on in deliberations getting through voir dire makes my blood boil.  I know it happens, though.

I was on a collin county jury in the late 90’s. Neither the prosecution, defense attorney or judge asked me any questions. I was something like prospective juror #30 out of 50. Maybe both attorneys had used all their dismissals by that point but I found it surprising that no questions were asked of me.

13 minutes ago, GenXer said:

I was on a collin county jury in the late 90’s. Neither the prosecution, defense attorney or judge asked me any questions. I was something like prospective juror #30 out of 50. Maybe both attorneys had used all their dismissals by that point but I found it surprising that no questions were asked of me.

You were so ugly no one wanted to have to look at your face three days in a row?

6 hours ago, achooloco said:

Nah. Anyone who willingly didn't abandon him after he called all Mexicans rapists, made fun of disabled people, called veterans losers, and said he could grab women by the pussies is a fucking piece of shit. Fuck them all.

After all his bullshit no one gets the benefit of the doubt just because they don’t tolerate treason. A non-ghoul would have been out way before. 

Now, see, I'm the other way around. I know that the only way we survive this is by getting more people to vote for Biden than the other guy, especially in battleground states, but generally everywhere.

So in my eyes, ANYONE who turns away from Trump should be embraced. Welcome back to the family, kill the fatted calf, welcome back prodigal son!

• Hook 'Em 3

21 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This reinforces the fact that his followers are the dumbest people.  He commits crimes right out in the open.  He commits non-criminal, but deplorable acts right out in the open.  Yet these people are not smart enough to see it when it is in front of their face.  

Many of them are smart enough but are like my sister, who claims she doesn't care. 

5 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

If this was the obese, pimply assistant salon manager of a Supercuts who looked the other way when the franchiser stole stylists tips and was a party after the fact to using business funds to pay off a harassment victim I don’t see you or anybody else sighing about how young she was or her feelings towards the Trump and inner conflict about her testimony.

Oddly specific.  (Older daughter used to cut hair at Supercuts.)