2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

5 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

He doesn't need to go to a big time program. If he can ball, the NFL will find him. I AM NOT SAYING HE'S A NFL QB. Josh Allen came from Wyoming.

Haynes King looked like dogshit at aggy. GaTech gave him a home. Not one dude on this board would've said with as much certainty as some of yall are dismissing Murphy that King would be a decent starting QB. I'm sure some of you would've said the same shit about King, myself included.

Sometimes strange things happen.

Oh I agree he’ll go somewhere and could develop in to something. Just responding to people guffawing at @Rickylovesweedsaying big time programs won’t show interest 

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Oh I agree he’ll go somewhere and could develop in to something. Just responding to people guffawing at @Rickylovesweedsaying big time programs won’t show interest 

My guffawing was based on the view that he already “looks like a below average passer.” It’s possible that “big time programs” want someone to step in now and he’d have to work up to that point, which could exclude him right now. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka

So, there's a guy (isn't there always?) - on 247;  no idea if he has any credibility or real info - who's dropping hints that the mystery visitor (transfer guy) is London Humphreys.  He's a subscriber, not a member of the staff.

In deference to the thread title - 

image.thumb.png.07a8155150e9eb171483b081dc6b5bb1.png

Again, no idea if he's just bsing or what ... 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Getafix said:

So, there's a guy (isn't there always?) - on 247;  no idea if he has any credibility or real info - who's dropping hints that the mystery visitor (transfer guy) is London Humphreys.  He's a subscriber, not a member of the staff.

That guy has been getting a run of Georgia picks today.

2 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

We already have one corch on the field coming into the program in Parker Livingstone. Not sure we have space for a second. Who will be the corch?

This dude is legit....tall as hell, nice catch radius, and can go get a jump ball. 

Also related.....lets lock him up tomorrow

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

Sark had a one on one with him. He was told it's Arch's team after Quinn leaves, this year or next. He was the 2023 backup because he was more ready to step in than Arch was. 

Going forward, he wasn't going to see the field. I hope he gained valuable lessons and insight from the coaching staff and developes into a great player, but this is and was a Quinn to Arch plan all along. 

This sounds like something you made up

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Two. Games.

I don't give a shit about having a tiresome argument about this. He was accurate in high school. He hit some nice passes in the games this season. Rag on him all you want. Maybe he will be bad. My point was and remains that evaluation on such narrow evidence is likely to be no more accurate than you imagine his passing to be.

He wasn’t accurate in high school and has always been a project and I doubt sark ever takes a guy like that again.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, walker said:

This sounds like something you made up

No, it sounds like something that you didn't understand.  Try harder.

It is known that Sark sits down with any potential portal candidate before they enter. In this case, Maalik found out his time was up.

If you can't read between the lines, then I blame your education system. 

Also, this knowledge is well documented on these forums. Try reading up before you post. 

Now scuttle on back to the football forum where you belong. And Merry Christmas 

it-is-known-yes.gif.fffb92973153799184985b75af555115.gif

Edited by Mr. Mojo Risin'

17 minutes ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

No, it sounds like something that you didn't understand.  Try harder.

It is known that Sark sits down with any potential portal candidate before they enter. In this case, Maalik found out his time was up.

If you can't read between the lines, then I blame your education system. 

Also, this knowledge is well documented on these forums. Try reading up before you post. 

Now scuttle on back to the football forum where you belong. And Merry Christmas 

it-is-known-yes.gif.fffb92973153799184985b75af555115.gif

Look dude, just write it that way then.  “I bet what happened is…”

You wrote it as fact. That is some Texags shit.  Go look for vander54 or coopercuffe on the texags screenshots if you are unclear

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, walker said:

Look dude, just write it that way then.  “I bet what happened is…”

You wrote it as fact. That is some Texags shit.  Go look for vander54 or coopercuffe on the texags screenshots if you are unclear

But I'm not "betting"

Read up on how Sark handles portal. 

I don't need concrete to state what everyone here already knows. 

If Maalik entered the portal, it is because his time is done.  

If you want to keep losing this argument, I'm here all night. 

Edit: 

Ok second thought, I'm going to bed.

Come up with the best you can while I sleep.

Happy New Year's.

Edited by Mr. Mojo Risin'
Not gonna deal with your bullshit tonight
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

https://www.dawgnation.com/recruiting/sentells-intel/london-humphreys-vanderbilt-transfer-portal-georgia-football-wide-receiver-target/FGWBP6IX75AJPGZ35YPMUDOCAE/

December 4, 2023
By Jeff Sentell, Dawgnation Staff

Welcome to "Sentell's Intel" where Jeff Sentell not only provides you the latest recruiting information, he takes you into the homes of these students and what makes them special to the Georgia program.

This Sentell’s Intel rep has the latest with 4-star transfer portal receiver London Humphreys. He ranks as the nation’s No. 1 WR and the No. 5 overall prospect for 2024 on the 247Sports Transfer ratings. He was seen as a 3-star recruit and the nation’s No. 66 WR prospect in the Class of 2023 on the 247Sports Composite.

London Humphreys announced on Monday that he was going to submit his name to the NCAA transfer portal.

That was very interesting. The soon-to-be former Vanderbilt wideout would be an intriguing potential fit for the Georgia football program.

That’s not because he’s currently rated as the No. 1 receiver in the transfer portal right now for 247Sports.

Humphreys was a 3-star receiver coming out of high school with very little football experience.

Sometimes things like that go over in big-time SEC football like a New Kids on the Block reunion Country Christmas album would today.

There are other times when they might work out like dipping your favorite fast food fries into ice cream.

When scouts have seen Humphreys over the last year, they’ve usually come to the following knee-jerk conclusions about Humphrey: He’s too good to be at Vanderbilt. He’s good enough to choose to go anywhere he wants.

That’s the thinking here with Humphreys and a potential fit for UGA for several reasons. DawgNation has been able to populate the prospect file on Humphreys with a lot of intriguing data.

Prototype everything (Size, speed and athleticism): The 6-foot-3, 195-pounder ran a 10.63 in the 100 meters during the spring of 2023. That was his senior year of high school. He’s also soared 24-plus feet and won a high school state championship in the long jump.
    That’s a good track time, but he never ran track: Humphreys was a baseball player and he would just show up. He went to three meets. There was that one time he clocked that 10.63 after coming over straight from a baseball game.
    Rewinding his true freshman season. Humphreys caught 22 passes for 439 yards and four scores in 2023. That’s 20 yards per catch. While 243 yards and three of those scores came against the likes of Hawaii, UNLV and Wake Forest there was this big 49-yard touchdown romp against the No. 1 team in the land earlier this year.

Humphreys came into the SEC this summer about as raw as it gets. He tried football once as a freshman at Christ Presbyterian in Nashville, but that didn’t work out. He tried it again as a junior in high school and ran nothing but deep routes. He didn’t attend any prospect camps or showcases to get his name out.
    The game film he had didn’t show he had much at all in terms of the route tree or blocking on the perimeter. He was seen as a one-trick pony just taking off on deep routes.
    As it turns out, he has quite a lot. Humphreys spent his youth playing a lot of baseball and basketball. He was a pitcher, third baseman and centerfielder in baseball and that range and experience helped shape his ball skills tremendously.
    He’s been described as a “genetic freak” by those close to the situation. His broad jump is over 11 feet and he has a 40-plus vertical leap. He was dunking easily when he was in the eighth and ninth grade. His mother, Erin, was an All-American decathlete at South Carolina. His father, Clark, was an All-American pole vaulter at Auburn.
    Clark Humphreys at one time served as a track coach at Vanderbilt before London signed to play for the Commodores. That’s part of the reason why he’s seen as very coachable. He’ll just show up put his head down and go to work. He’ll show up early every day. Wherever he signs, he will know the playbook and everything he needs to know by the time spring practice rolls on.
    He initially came out for football his junior year at CPA with the understanding he’d just run down the sidelines and serve as a deep threat a couple of times per game. Once he started doing that, he realized that he had some real natural ability and talent. He caught 45 balls for 1100 yards (24.4 ypc) and 12 touchdowns as a junior. He also showed off a knack for taking kickoff returns back for touchdowns.
    He added another 60 catches for 1,099 yards and 15 touchdowns as a senior. It is a funny story, but he had to be talked into playing high school football for his first real season in the fall of 2021.
    Humphreys was a 1,000-yard receiver in both his junior and senior seasons. He owns a regional-record 21.73 in the 200-meter dash that was previously held by NFL All-Pro cornerback Jalen Ramsey
    When he was coming, he chose between Vanderbilt and Virginia. Oklahoma was another school that showed some legitimate interest. He was happy to have a couple of really strong offers considering that he didn’t grow up pursuing a football career at all.
    He was a high school teammate of Georgia 2024 CB commitment Ondre Evans for the 2022 season in football and the spring of 2023 in track. They competed in the state championships this past spring with Evans finishing second in their classification in the 100 meters with Humphreys right behind him in third place.

That’s a pretty deep prospect profile, especially for a player of his size and athleticism who doesn’t often show up in the transfer portal.

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

But I'm not "betting"

Read up on how Sark handles portal. 

I don't need concrete to state what everyone here already knows. 

If Maalik entered the portal, it is because his time is done.  

If you want to keep losing this argument, I'm here all night. 

Edit: 

Ok second thought, I'm going to bed.

Come up with the best you can while I sleep.

Happy New Year's.

Never played sports, eh?   No coach would ever say what you wrote.. " He was told it's Arch's team after Quinn leaves, this year or next"

That's the sentence that set me off.   Sark coached under Carroll and Saban.   Every position is a competition, every day.  Arch may be ahead, but its not decided when Arch has only thrown a handful of passes in real games

• Hook 'Em 1

I do wonder if Sark made the decision to go with Arch as backup QB for the playoffs and that freed up Murphy to leave without feeling like he's quitting on his team?

Because I can't think of any other way the backup QB could choose leave right before the playoffs and it isn't blatantly quitting on his team. If you are only playing the game for money and chance to win a title isn't #1 then you shouldn't be playing the game. 

I personally think Arch is better equipped to steer the ship for a quarter or two right now than Maalik, but I'm kind of shocked if Maalik knows he's the backup QB in the playoffs to a QB who has missed games both of his seasons here that he would choose to bail. That goes against everything the game stands for. Against everything great about the game. 

5 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I do wonder if Sark made the decision to go with Arch as backup QB for the playoffs and that freed up Murphy to leave without feeling like he's quitting on his team?

Because I can't think of any other way the backup QB could choose leave right before the playoffs and it isn't blatantly quitting on his team. If you are only playing the game for money and chance to win a title isn't #1 then you shouldn't be playing the game. 

I personally think Arch is better equipped to steer the ship for a quarter or two right now than Maalik, but I'm kind of shocked if Maalik knows he's the backup QB in the playoffs to a QB who has missed games both of his seasons here that he would choose to bail. That goes against everything the game stands for. Against everything great about the game. 

It was just unfortunate timing with the portal rules. Neither party wanted for this to happen now. No reason to feel slighted.

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Hook 'Em 8

9 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

It was just unfortunate timing with the portal rules. Neither party wanted for this to happen now. No reason to feel slighted.

Not really. The portal timing sucks but he's a QB with a big arm. He's not Max Merrill out here. He's going to have a spot at a power 5 school whenever he chooses to go. 

I don't know what was said to him behind the scenes so can't say for sure if he was told he's QB3 no matter what.

That said, if Sark was counting on him to be QB2 for the playoffs and he bailed then that's plain quitting on his team. That's an important position for these next 2 games. Ask 2009/2010 Mack Brown. 

11 minutes ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

Don’t be like that. The kid has an opportunity to jump start his career and may lose out on an opportunity that could change his life by waiting for after the playoffs. Don’t  pretend like you wouldn’t want to see Arch in this scenario anyways.

I said it earlier. I believe Arch would be better equipped to back up and give us a chance to win. 

I don't know if Sark believes that. And while I support Maalik and hope he does well I can never support quitting on a team playing for a championship. That's the reason you play the game in the first place. I personally wouldn't want to take a player who had a chance to win a title and quit on the playoffs.

Also, like I said, he's a QB with a big arm. He's getting a spot in the P5. He should have had his people gathering info for him and putting the world out to coaches so he could have a spot agreed upon now and officially enter the portal the day after Texas' last game. The portal window extends a few days past the season end for playoff teams. 

I'm sorry, but I can never condone quitting in the playoffs as the backup QB. Only way it makes sense is if Sark demoted him behind Arch for the playoffs and told him to go. Which might have happened. 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.