2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Jamaree Caldwell moving up his visit and should be arriving this evening and staying through Monday. Calculator time?

Gut reaction and probably not popular is that I do not like the hire. The disconnect between fronts and secondary in my opinion has been due to two cooks in the kitchen. This feels like we are now going to have 3 cooks in the kitchen.

1 minute ago, DanTheHorn said:

Gut reaction and probably not popular is that I do not like the hire. The disconnect between fronts and secondary in my opinion has been due to two cooks in the kitchen. This feels like we are now going to have 3 cooks in the kitchen.

Who is the second cook?  

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Should we have hired someone less experienced?

Edited by texifornia
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Do you think Choate wasn’t in the kitchen as the co DC?

2 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Choate was PKs guy so no I did not perceive him the same way. I say perceive because I personally have not been in those rooms.

Choate was a Muschamp guy, hired when we thought he was going to be the DC.

Just now, Bevo said:

Maybe Sark thought that our defensive game plans against Washington and Oklahoma sucked.

This guy is a Sark guy since Sark made him assistant head coach at Washington and USC. He will bring a new dynamic into the defensive room. Lets hope it is a good one and what Sark wants.

This guy is a Sark guy since Sark made him assistant head coach at Washington and USC. He will bring a new dynamic into the defensive room. Lets hope it is a good one and what Sark wants.

I feel pretty confident it's what Sark wants. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

There’s enough talent coming back that dare I say it, they have a shot at it all next year. 

On O at this point in time, QB, OL, RB will be better. WR and TE will be worse (depending on AD). We should be a better running team but I'm not sure Sark will take advantage of that.

On D at this point, DL will be weaker, DE will be stronger, DB will be stronger, LB will be about the same. We should be better against the pass and worse against the run.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

Vegas just lowered our win total. 

10 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I feel pretty confident it's what Sark wants. 

Sark seems to be bringing in a 3rd cook but this guy will probably have his trust. I hope he uses him as input for game day management on the defensive side while he is busy being OC and PK is reverting back to his prevent defense comfort zone.

Sark seems to be bringing in a 3rd cook but this guy will probably have his trust. I hope he uses him as input for game day management on the defensive side while he is busy being OC and PK is reverting back to his prevent defense comfort zone.

Who is the 2ND COOK? 

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

What was our sales pitch to Davis I wonder. "We'll play you earlier in garbage time next year". 

Guessing getting his degree here was a big factor. 

Juan has a ton of potential just gotta figure out a way to unlock it. 

• Hook 'Em 8

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

I am not believing this until some entity that isn't Orangebloods confirms it. But huge if true!

1 minute ago, immamac said:

I mean we have a track record now of getting production late in one’s career. I’m buying at this point!

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Who is the 2ND COOK? 

Terry Joseph passing game coordinator and hired before PK if I remember correctly. At times it seemed PK was doing one thing and Joseph another. This year not so much but it sure seemed like big issue the first year.

Edited by DanTheHorn

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

I actually agree with this. If he can put on some weight and block better, he’s a matchup nightmare waiting to happen

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.