2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

Burton made a good point on Nick Saban retirement podcast. Basically, many Bama recruits signed with Bama to play for Saban and they didn't particularly like T-Town or the school. 3 years playing for the GOAT and get drafted. 

I think DeBoer is a terrific coach, but he's not going to stop the Saban mercenaries from leaving. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hank_Hill said:

Helm seems good enough to where I’m curious if they’ll prioritize big NIL on a TE or go use that on a DT

We play 2 tights alot and Helm is more of an inline TE where Niblack is a true Flex/HB.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I have to admit my love for cargo shorts when traveling/flying. Passport, wallet, boarding pass, and just about anything else you need, right on your body.

fcce9fa0-4ab4-4e9e-a1b8-6ea94c9a4e05_tex

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

Hayes Fawcett’s tweet is probably for a bigger name. 

Maybe, but I wouldn’t take his gif teases too seriously. Guy makes his living hyping up engagement on these announcements, he’s used that Rogan one a few times now for relatively middle of the road commitments 

3 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Maybe, but I wouldn’t take his gif teases too seriously. Guy makes his living hyping up engagement on these announcements, he’s used that Rogan one a few times now for relatively middle of the road commitments 

But a reserve LB from Bama?

4 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Agreed, and this is why people use Hayes. He's got over 400k followers on Twitter+Instagram combined and he hypes 3rd stringers from G5s like they're Heisman winners to that audience.

Edited by Teryor
  • Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, texifornia said:

TE could probably be upgraded, but Helm seems like a nice solid B+ starter. It's not a weakness.

Agreed. I think Helm is better than a lot of us realize. Also, I'm assuming Holden Staes is probably already taking classes at fake UT so that window has closed? 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Nahlin (IT) mentioned in a question about Texas being ‘done’ at TE that Sark/Texas are very high on Juan Davis.  

If they're satisfied with Davis, then I guess I am too. This staff definitely seems to know what they're doing when it comes to evals and development.

Unlike some previous Texas staffs... I definitely don't miss a watching a bunch of tall, slow receivers with bad hands running around out there (Lil'Jordan and Colin being the exceptions, of course). 

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.