2024 Transfer Thread - The Pedantic Circlejerk

20 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

He’s gonna be our less-assholey version of Tavon Austin and fuck shit up.

I am excited to see him and Golden in the return game. We should have a few house calls this year on the kick off return team.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

1 minute ago, FloridaHorn said:

I am excited to see him and Golden in the return game. We should have a few house calls this year on the kick off return team.

Bolden on punts, and Golden/Blue on kickoffs? That'll work. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I don't think they want Blue on kickoff returns.

Just happy that Red will not be able to fuck up easy TDs on the opening kickoff against OU anymore.

10 Sooners on the same side of the field as Red, Worthy running wide fucking open to the other side of the field with likely only the kicker to beat.

2024-05-21_13-34-36.png

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, Getafix said:

Holy smokes ... 

Hugh Hathcock? That has to be a made-up name, like I. P. Freely or Connie Lingus. I mean, were I a recruit, as soon as they introduced me to him I'd be saying "wait a minute, am I on Candid  Camera?"

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, NameNotFound said:

Who was the last North Shore guy that panned out and had a legitimate impact on his college team?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Harris hasn't panned out, Evans hasn't panned out, Chiasson is a bust. Those are the most recent I can think of. 

Chaisson was an excellent college player. Dameion George was jaggy but did start for Bama.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, texifornia said:

Chaisson was an excellent college player. Dameion George wasn't awful.

We went through this awhile back. Someone should find it.  The post above just tracks guys from NS, but I went through guys that the big boys actually cared about and recruited. The guys that actually did a fucking thing in college that anyone wanted were Chaisson and maybe George, and then it goes back to like Chykie Brown. There are a whole lot of worthless, high profile guys between Brown and right now. 

Sanchez can go be a cancer somewhere else. He’ll be at UTSA or SMU in 2 years after blaming someone else for his problems. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

All I remember is if Keontay Ingram's butter hands could have caught that easy TD we could have sent corn dog home with an L. I'll never forgive him for that. 

His fumble against TCU was also less than ideal, but he played at Carthage and not North Shore.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

His fumble against TCU was also less than ideal, but he played at Carthage and not North Shore.

I know. It just brought up the memory when Tex corrected me about Chiasson, who walked over and drank out water as our pussy players stood there and watched. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Bevo said:

The most exciting revelation on that list is Kirko Bangz.

Edited by Sgt. Slaughter
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, texifornia said:

Chaisson was an excellent college player. Dameion George was jaggy but did start for Bama.

Re: Chaisson, I actually don’t think he was all that great, but UT fans are disposed to overrate him because played fantastic against us.  The NFL drafted him on measurables and potential.

2 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

Re: Chaisson, I actually don’t think he was all that great, but UT fans are disposed to overrate him because played fantastic against us.  The NFL drafted him on measurables and potential.

Agreed. He had 9.5 sacks and 19 tfls for a 3 year career. Definitely not something to write home about. Also on his second NFL team.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, LCHorn said:

2 hours ago, LebongJames said:

Agreed. He had 9.5 sacks and 19 tfls for a 3 year career. Definitely not something to write home about. Also on his second NFL team.

Was going to say the same thing.  He was actual ass defending the run as well.  His type of OLB get criminally overrated by fans and media because they can make 1-2 big plays a game and that's all people notice.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, LebongJames said:

He only played two seasons. He tore his ACL in the season opener and redshirted one of those years.

And NFL stuff doesn’t matter when talking about how good of a college player someone was.

1 hour ago, Lonestar88 said:

He only played two seasons. He tore his ACL in the season opener and redshirted one of those years.

And NFL stuff doesn’t matter when talking about how good of a college player someone was.

In two seasons Barryn Sorrell has 24 more pressures and 2 more sacks than Chaisson did in his 2 (complete seasons).

• Hook 'Em 5

36 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

In two seasons Barryn Sorrell has 24 more pressures and 2 more sacks than Chaisson did in his 2 (complete seasons).

No he doesn’t? Don’t know what stats you’re looking at but Sorrell and Chaisson have the same exact number of career sacks right now and Sorrell has played in more games than Chaisson did.

Also, Sorrell is a good college football player, which is what this conversation was originally about. You can say that Chaisson didn’t live up to his immense hype, I’d agree with that. But he was still a good college player.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

No he doesn’t? Don’t know what stats you’re looking at but Sorrell and Chaisson have the same exact number of career sacks right now and Sorrell has played in more games than Chaisson did.

Also, Sorrell is a good college football player, which is what this conversation was originally about. You can say that Chaisson didn’t live up to his immense hype, I’d agree with that. But he was still a good college player.

Chaisson was ass, my dude 

• Like 1

I'd really like if we spent one of the available roster spots on more secondary depth. 

Tony Mitchell - S, Alabama

Ceyair Wright - CB, USC (familiar name, we were in on him in 2020)

Jacoby Matthews - S, aggy

Looks like Matthews comes with baggage or doesn't have the grades. Wright is just...not on the team but no details from Riley. Mitchell would be pure depth, but is probably the only actual option of the 3. Idk if we're still sifting the portal, but I'd add any of the above talent to the roster. Culture fit, tbd. 

53 minutes ago, texifornia said:

NIL finally giving Mizzou the tools it needs to take advantage of being in a state with two big cities and lots of corporations.

Yeah, they've definitely been a huge beneficiary of NIL. They still have the issue of a huge chunk of their state being OU fans, though. Mizzou winning more and having NIL funds will cut into OU's natural ties and recruiting so I'm all for it. 

• Hook 'Em 3