Allen Outlet Mall Massacre

3 hours ago, Slacks said:

So start with magazine capacity. Decrease the number of available shots to 10.

If course guys like this will carry 10 mags, but it looks like he has 10 30 round mags on him, anyway. 

I really do believe this will be the most acceptable and most effective first step. 

Reducing capacity by law does not infringe on 2A. 

Then do a buyback on hi cap mags. 

Call your representatives. Get them started on something. 

I’m thinking that it wouldn’t be against 2a (meaning survives the lawsuits) if removable magazines were outlawed for rifle rounds. Even if you have room for 15 or more, once you’ve expended the initial load, it takes time to reload.  My little savage 30.06 has a 3 round internal magazine, why not use the same idea but add capacity?  You still get your ar15 with 15 or more rounds, but then you are either dropping singles in or loading the mag in real time instead of having 10 preloaded to swap. 

would it do enough?  Unsure. Would it do something? I think it would.  

I like the idea of reducing capacity as well as internal load mags only. 

If 90% of the people in representing is local, state and National government are attorneys nothing is ever going to get done. We need people (apart from their race, socioeconomic background, sexual orientation being represented) who have jobs or worked in jobs that are critical thinker types who solve problems. Yes attorneys need to and should be a part of the mix but not the overwhelming majority of it. Damn. People who are used to collaborating and getting things done in a timely manner. These people exist. I can name at least 17 professions where we’d all benefit if these people ran for office and won. Btw I don’t hate attorneys…

IMG_1064.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

If 90% of the people in representing is local, state and National government are attorneys nothing is ever going to get done. We need people (apart from their race, socioeconomic background, sexual orientation being represented) who have jobs or worked in jobs that are critical thinker types who solve problems. Yes attorneys need to and should be a part of the mix but not the overwhelming majority of it. Damn. People who are used to collaborating and getting things done in a timely manner. These people exist. I can name at least 17 professions where we’d all benefit if these people ran for office and won. Btw I don’t hate attorneys…

IMG_1064.jpeg

the city services, well in the suburbs anyway, are run by very good people -- schools, first responders, construction, IT, parks  and more - but these are not elected officials. A person has to be a demagogue to attract attention, a rhetorical lightning rod, to get elected. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

I would argue the reason is because our elected officials are pussy ass cunts that are bought and paid for by the highest bidder.

This is also true. I’m open to whatever it takes to stop that shit. I am also for term limits. Two terms and you are done. Term limits are huge deal for me. People can’t be allowed to be professional politicians. They represent us. They work for us. It’s absolute bullshit we have allowed things to get as bloated and fucked up on both sides. There shouldn’t be tenure in a government office. You get two terms and you can run for something else and you can run for two terms. That’s one big way to solve shit. That and not having 90% of government be fucking attorneys. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

the city services, well in the suburbs anyway, are run by very good people -- schools, first responders, construction, IT, parks  and more - but these are not elected officials. A person has to be a demagogue to attract attention, a rhetorical lightning rod, to get elected. 

This is what sucks. These are the people we should be championing and encouraging to run for office. These are the people that should be representing us in state and National government. Sadly most people do not pay attention to local shit and that’s how things go so badly. I don’t know how to make people pay attention to local shit. The only thing I can think of is having highschool seniors get registered to vote and educate them on the importance of voting (not telling them HOW to vote) just getting them in the process but that would never work bc parents would probably flip out. 

3 hours ago, Bullneck said:

That's nice.  I guess.  Haven't seen any stats to back it up.  Honestly, they post stuff like this on TexAgs after a shooting, so I usually assume it's a deflection from real issue.

Just remember it's nowhere near as effective as keeping guns out of their hands.  That should be your takeaway from that chart I posted.

What part of my post opposed gun control dickhead?

You don’t need any stats here. If you have anything other than manure between your ears, you can realize that the shooters want attention.

A comparison to TexAgs? You are incredibly simple minded.

Furthermore, how the fuck do you post that chart and not know all the measures they take to combat the problem, and then tell me how I should interpret it?

Edited by DaggerHorns

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Methinks the oilman doth protest too much. But it makes sense that fatty would be repping you on this topic, he does love his guns more than anything else

How does that make sense. I don’t like guns, at all, and he’s repping those posts. Posts that you fail to read. I’m not protesting too much.  I’ve said this repeatedly since uvalde and particularly Nashville. You’re the most presumptuous poster on this board and you cannot help yourself putting people you don’t know into convenient boxes. 

11 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Wanting attention is exclusive to mass shooters and no, I don't need to present any evidence.

There is ample evidence since Columbine that they follow, study and idolize other mass shooters. Ample evidence. Which is something unfortunately we can’t do much to stop. I assume things get flagged? Too much interest in other killers gets flagged? It is also very concerning that many are very active on social media and do and have posted things that a normal person would think was actionable (tell someone Damnit) but these people do nothing. It’s like I read about all these murder for hire cases (where the murder is carried out and it’s conspiracy) and the prosecution will bring out these randos who turned down the person offering to hire them but did nothing. Didn’t alert authorities just went, “hey look ok I’m not going to kill your spouse for $10,000,” and leave the conversation and I guess forget about it. NextDoor which is a orgy of racism and other dumbassery people constantly freaked out by or calling the cops on the meter reader or Amazon person but will literally be on a FB group with someone saying, “Hey tomorrow’s the BiG day. I’m going to kill a bunch of mother fuckers! I’m going out with a bang!” And that person just closes their laptop and forgets about it. Fucking nuts. 

• Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Wanting attention is exclusive to mass shooters and no, I don't need to present any evidence.

This makes zero sense.

You’re the only person that has said “attention is exclusive to mass shooters.”

What else are you educating people about today?

35 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

I would argue the reason is because our elected officials are pussy ass cunts that are bought and paid for by the highest bidder.

that's the curious part to me.  Yeah, the NRA and manufacturing lobbyist groups throw some money around in tactical races...but it's really not this waterfall of cash and PAC money anti-2A folks think it is.  Certainly for a few candidates, but for that make in gross revenue, "GUNS" (whatever the fuck that means) barely cracks the Top 10 in terms of industry influence in % or real dollars to political causes.  Now they certainly pay for marketing campaigns and the like, but they woefully trail sectors like Defense, Energy, Manufacturing, Transportation, Prison/Criminal Justice, and a half-dozen others based on % of top-line and/or gross dollars.  

The reason these folks have to cower and pay homage to the 2A is because of maths.  It is a nearly singular issue vote for 15-20% of their voter bloc.  Even with gerrymandering, in only the absolute safest of hard-leaning deep districts can you not have to worry...centre/centre-right/solid-right/true toss-ups or what's of those folks...you have to mobilize and carry that ~15% that vote guns first, everything else second or not at all.  Yeah, the donations help...but you have to be adamant against any suggestion or any type of sensible protocol otherwise that bloc does not vote for you, or worse votes another way to spite you.  

The maths simply do not work unless you wrap up that segment despite even a huge chunk of their broader base is okay with some modicum of safety precaution.  And by the way, this is a truly both-sidesism deal.  Governors, Senators, and Congresspeople...you don't get your single-issue extremists on either flank...dudn't matter what the fuck you do with the other 85%....you're dead in the water unless you suddenly mobilize the 10 million Texans who've never and will never vote in their life under any circumstance.  That's kind of a high bar, so why not just make "Thoughts and Prayers" your platform instead.  It's cheap and it fucking works.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

What part of my post opposed gun control dickhead?

You don’t need any stats here. If you have anything other than manure between your ears, you can realize that the shooters want attention.

A comparison to TexAgs? You are incredibly simple minded.

Furthermore, how the fuck do you post that chart and not know all the measures they take to combat the problem, and then tell me how I should interpret it?

MEOW!!!

3 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Not sure why white Texans think no non-whites belong to these extremist hate groups that are actually more commonplace than extremist.  It's more ideology/politics/nationalism than race.  At one point, half the Waffen SS wasn't even German  

And yes, I sent a t-shirt earlier today to Gov. Abbott and Ted Cruz that reads, "Allen, Texas.  Where we go Juan, we go all."  

I am today year's old when I learned that the body county and carnage doesn't matter to most of you.  It's about the bullet caliber and the race/gender of the shooter.  

that is just so bizarre of a concept to me.  

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Not sure why white Texans think no non-whites belong to these extremist hate groups that are actually more commonplace than extremist.  It's more ideology/politics/nationalism than race.  At one point, half the Waffen SS wasn't even German  

And yes, I sent a t-shirt earlier today to Gov. Abbott and Ted Cruz that reads, "Allen, Texas.  Where we go Juan, we go all."  

I am today year's old when I learned that the body county and carnage doesn't matter to most of you.  It's about the bullet caliber and the race/gender of the shooter.  

that is just so bizarre of a concept to me.  

So, you think people that bend like a pretzel to justlfy why common sense gun control measures are bad wouldn't counter-argue that a Hispanic couldn't possibly be a neo-Nazi or white ethno-nationalist?

• Hook 'Em 1

The most consistent reply on that thread is "His parents required a translator during their media interview so how could the shooter have been a White Supremacist?"  

Just let that marinade with even your most cursory knowledge of history.  

It's okay to be stupid.  Just be ashamed and quiet.

Authorities have not released a motive, but a patch on his chest said “RWDS,” an acronym that stands for Right Wing Death Squad, according to people familiar with the investigation. The phrase is popular among right wing extremists, neo-Nazis and white supremacists, they said.

1 minute ago, CooterBrown said:

The leader of the Proud Boys is Hispanic.

I truly don’t know anything about that group.  Honestly backed off the news a few years ago.  I mean like completely stayed away from it.

29 minutes ago, Proust Bag said:

This isn’t going to stop. Farts in the wind have more staying power than anti-2A legislation. Arm yourselves and your family. 

"Arm your family?" 

I don't understand what this means.  I have an 8 and a 4 year old.  Do I put a 9mm next to their fruit roll-up each morning and assume everything will just sorta go to plan?  I can avoid outlet malls.  any reason not to go, I say.  But we have to go buy groceries, and attend church, and go to school.  
"This isn't going to stop"?  Except that 100 year period after the Civil War and in those 100 westernized democracies where this isn't an issue, almost at all.  

14 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Spanish-speaking right-wing death squads? 

LOL!

Oh God, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still alive?  Dammit, I was assured multiple times he was dead.

• Hook 'Em 2

Putting the below information in spoilers as it comes from a friend of a friend (not news reports) 

Spoiler

From a McKinney Cop known to my friend: many of the McKinney cops were at a funeral for a fireman at a stadium at the time the shooting occurred. From what he was told the suspect had on two sets of body armor and had hundreds of rounds of ammo on him. He went straight for minority families. In particular the two families that hunkered down. He went straight for them. Killing the kids and the adults. Children were shot point blank. He then reloads and begins moving fast outside the stores. The Allen cop that ended that fucker’s life initially thought suspect was another officer. But noticed the security uniform and gave a verbal command for suspect to drop weapon. Suspect drew on Allen cop who fired headshots bc he saw the bullet proof vest. 

Regardless…advice given by this person if you unfortunately are somewhere and you see shots fired or hear them to run away from the noise. Don’t hunker down or kneel. Move. Away from it. Easier to target you if you are still. It’s common sense stuff and I know people get scared and panic and it’s fight flight or freeze. Just fucking run. Away. Damn…please keep the stuff I put in the spoilers in the spoilers. It’s not commonly known (even though most will be known.) Had the Allen police officer not been there…I don’t want to think about how much more damage this SOB POS now dead fuck would have done. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

One of the main reasons NOTHING ever gets done (I apologize for what I am about to post bc 98% of surly are attorneys—I myself have a legal degree but I don’t practice—-so please understand I say this with love and compassion): most people in government are attorneys. This is why shit never gets done. All lawyers do is talk and file motions and draft shit with loopholes that get exploited and talk and bitch some more and talk even more and debate oh gawd do they debate and draft amendments and NOT a FUCKING thing gets done ever!!!!! Sorry. I say all this with all the love I have in my heart. But it’s true. It’s all true. I promise you if we put real problem solver types in Congress on a National and State level shit would get done faster. ✌️ 

I think it’s any level of government that shit doesn’t get done but it’s not all on attorneys.  Let’s look at roads at the state and country level.  They hand out huge contracts to a friend of a friend with finish dates that are way too long and what you get is when you drive by any road crew at any level half or sometimes way more of the workers are not working.  Jobs that could be done in a 1/4th the time go over even.  Everyone sucks off the government contract tit and take their sweet time on all levels and types of jobs.  There’s no excuse that two mile stretches of road take years to finish.  Then you want to talk about how bills and things don’t get done?  Look at how much money senate and congress members rake in on both sides from  companies on the down low, specialty groups, lobbiest, ect, it’s a joke and all partake.  No CR because they all do it.  Why can people basically pay for votes on topics still? 

B4539568-DB16-4992-9120-106602BA40C9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I think it’s any level of government that shit doesn’t get done but it’s not all on attorneys.  Let’s look at roads at the state and country level.  They hand out huge contracts to a friend of a friend with finish dates that are way too long and what you get is when you drive by any road crew at any level half or sometimes way more of the workers are not working.  Jobs that could be done in a 1/4th the time go over even.  Everyone sucks off the government contract tit and take their sweet time on all levels and types of jobs.  There’s no excuse that two mile stretches of road take years to finish.  Then you want to talk about how bills and things don’t get done?  Look at how much money senate and congress members rake in on both sides from  companies on the down low, specialty groups, lobbiest, ect, it’s a joke and all partake.  No CR because they all do it.  Why can people basically pay for votes on topics still? 

B4539568-DB16-4992-9120-106602BA40C9.jpeg

How long should it take to build a road?  Do you know?  Have you ever done any earthwork?

And stop with the "both sides."  It's not a valid argument on this subject.  

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

How long should it take to build a road?  Do you know?  Have you ever done any earthwork?

And stop with the "both sides."  It's not a valid argument on this subject.  

I was responding to her post and yea it’s all related to exactly what I said….   I won’t do research for you but it’s not hard to find that our fat lazy contracts are way behind other countries as far as completion times, there’s plenty of articles out there.  We aren’t talking earth work really, it’s resurfacing.  If you want to research replacement of sinkholes and whatnot, that’s out there too.  

Edited by Hook1997

1 hour ago, Rip76 said:

Ah yes, the neo-Nazi Hispanic wing.

42 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

I truly don’t know anything about that group.  Honestly backed off the news a few years ago.  I mean like completely stayed away from it.

Hell of a self own here. Bravo.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

• immamac changed the title to Allen Outlet Mall Massacre