Allen Outlet Mall Massacre

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

After seeing pictures and video of the victims (the little girl with her face blown off) I am convinced we need to stop sanitizing things for folks. Sure put up a disclaimer: violent images. Force people to see the carnage. Force people to look at the bodies and what that weapon did to those people merely out shopping and enjoying their day. People need to see that little girl with her face blown off. The bodies piled up next to her. Covered in blood and riddled with bullets. The only way to reach the hearts and minds of people who are capable of changing them and changing their vote to effect change is to SHOW them what their thoughts and prayers are being directed towards. The little girl with HER FACE BLOWN OFF! 

Stop sanitizing things for folks. I wish I hadn’t seen all those images this morning. Not blurred out. People might say those images circulating are disrespectful and I understand that…but words are making any changes. Maybe I am wrong but the masses need to see this shit. 

I would go to that outlet mall quite a bit when I lived in Plano. Sometimes would just park and walk around Amit really buying anything…just would walk around for something to do. Maybe grab a beverage and just window shop. It’s sickening. No place is safe. Schools, churches, movie theaters, malls…concerts…parks, no place is safe. It’s soul crushing. 

Yada yada.

If Sandy Hook wasn't enough, pics of children with missing faces will not be either.  Kids being slaughtered in a school is not enough for politicians beholden to their constituents and the NRA.   

Sandy Hook was also over 12 years ago, and things have gotten worse.

• Rage+1 5

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

After seeing pictures and video of the victims (the little girl with her face blown off) I am convinced we need to stop sanitizing things for folks. Sure put up a disclaimer: violent images. Force people to see the carnage. Force people to look at the bodies and what that weapon did to those people merely out shopping and enjoying their day. People need to see that little girl with her face blown off. The bodies piled up next to her. Covered in blood and riddled with bullets. The only way to reach the hearts and minds of people who are capable of changing them and changing their vote to effect change is to SHOW them what their thoughts and prayers are being directed towards. The little girl with HER FACE BLOWN OFF! 

Stop sanitizing things for folks. I wish I hadn’t seen all those images this morning. Not blurred out. People might say those images circulating are disrespectful and I understand that…but words are NOT making any changes. Maybe I am wrong but the masses need to see this shit. 

I would go to that outlet mall quite a bit when I lived in Plano. Sometimes would just park and walk around not really buying anything…just would walk around for something to do. Maybe grab a beverage and just window shop. It’s sickening. No place is safe. Schools, churches, movie theaters, malls…concerts…parks, no place is safe. It’s soul crushing. 

It doesn't matter.  Dead children are the sacrifice we must tolerate to preserve our liberties. We need more firepower to de-escalate the culture of violence in our society. 

13 minutes ago, B00M said:

I agree carrying should be concealed but why make it onerous as fuck? Established requirements (background check, fee, course/exam that forces you to learn sone relevant laws, shooting test) already leave licensed concealed carriers much less likely to commit violent crime than police officers. They’re basically the safest category of people in the US. Those requirements were reasonable.

of course now there’s “Constitutional”/open carry so no one needs training or knowledge at all to legally carry so any requirement might seem onerous as fuck lol

Why the fuck do you want to live in a society where you think it's reasonable to need a deadly weapon on your person?

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Just now, Francisco 2.0 said:

Yada yada.

If Sandy Hook wasn't enough, pics of children with missing faces will not be either.  Kids being slaughtered in a school is not enough for politicians beholden to their constituents and the NRA.   

Sandy Hook was also over 12 years ago, and things have gotten worse.

Uvalde wasn't enough and it was in the backyard.

This is ransom. The cost to live in American society is the chance you and your kids might be gunned down leaving your house. Or not even leaving your house if the door is unlocked and the person with a gun is a cop.

At least the guns will be safe once all the kids are dead.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, B00M said:

I did vote for Biden and voted against trump four(?) times. Every chance I had. But that’s irrelevant when even trump’s bump-stock ban has since been reversed by our courts — All the effort and energy into gun law reform and we can’t even restrict a novelty item gun enthusiasts don’t even care about. 

While we definitely need to adequately fund the IRS (the controversy over funding for future IRS agent hiring is just an example of the way our society is shitting itself right now), the fundamental problem is the tax code. Corporations are doing exactly what tax code wants them to do. 

Kudos for voting for Biden.  You went down ballot Democratic, I hope.

And we know who appoints judges.

And we know who decides the tax code.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Why make it onerous as fuck?  Really?  We make kids who want to drive a car, which isn't directly designed to kill like a gun is but has that unfortunate side effect if used improperly go through hours of training, pay fees then and in perpetuity, show up with a million forms of ID, pass a couple tests etc.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that if you want to "operate" a device in public that's sole purpose is "to kill" then the hurdles both financially and  administratively need to be 5-10x orders of magnitude more difficult to achieve.  

Ok… so you’re of the opinion that the CHL/LTC requirements that existed in the US for decades and demonstrably worked were insufficient. Those licensing requirements did require license holders to pay in perpetuity, too. What you’re proposing is irrational simply looking at the numbers.

Similarly irrational on the other extreme, 27 states have now passed constitutional carry, so we’ve gone from basic/effective licensing requirements to NO requirements. Good luck everybody 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, royiv said:

Why the fuck do you want to live in a society where you think it's reasonable to need a deadly weapon on your person?

It frankly doesn’t matter what you or I want. Shit’s been established and all we can do is live within the laws and try to make things a little better while we’re here. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, B00M said:

Ok… so you’re of the opinion that the CHL/LTC requirements that existed in the US for decades and demonstrably worked were insufficient. Those licensing requirements did require license holders to pay in perpetuity, too. What you’re proposing is irrational simply looking at the numbers.

Similarly irrational on the other extreme, 27 states have now passed constitutional carry, so we’ve gone from basic/effective licensing requirements to NO requirements. Good luck everybody 

Yes I do.  It's one of those things where the message that is being sent is critical.  That message is basically, we want as few of you as possible walking around armed because as somebody else asked....why do you really need to.   There is no other purpose to walking around in public with a gun other than to kill somebody (even if it is in self-defense that is what the ultimate purpose is) It should be the freedom that comes with the HIGHEST responsibility price.  

The problem is we always start with the constraints in this problem solve other than the desired end state....it's a big reason why nothing happens.  

For me my end state would be as few machines designed to kill out in public as possible.  Work back from there.

And I say all this as a gun owner by the way....who has never felt the need to go out in public with one.

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, Stilicho said:

This is ransom. The cost to live in American society is the chance you and your kids might be gunned down leaving your house. Or not even leaving your house if the door is unlocked and the person with a gun is a cop.

Uvalde... Santa Fe... Sandy Hook... 

UVA. 

Charles Whitman. 

Whatever it takes. 

3 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

before I can comment I am waiting for the Governor, Lt Gov and Junior Senator from Texas to issue statements about there not being a gun issue.

God bless democracy (or maybe it should be democrazy)

I’m sure they’ll blame one of the mall’s retailers for providing health insurance to their employees that covers any transgender kids. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

You completely misjudge the enemy here. A large percentage of our country sees these images and events unfold and it reinforces their belief that the only solution is more guns in our society.

The problem wasn’t that this lunatic had easy access to weapons of war. The problem was that every shopper in his vicinity wasn’t returning fire.
Do you understand that?

It’s not the images or events it’s the fucking Fox News, OANs, Right wing pundits pushing more fear into their viewers feeble little minds of their viewers.
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Captainant said:

You should look at his victims and think about what is gonna keep happening if we don't do anything

Unsolicited advice from a presumptuous CR fucktard who’s failed to read my other posts on the topic. 

25 minutes ago, B00M said:

firearm-homicides.svg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

firearm-homicides.svg

A big part of what they do in Australia and New Zealand is masking the shooting information. They do not talk about them, their families, their background, etc.

Here, we love it. We reward the shooter with social media, news channels, interviews etc.

Every one of these shooters wants notoriety and we give that to them. We give them exactly what they want…attention and fame.

I think we should have laws in place to not give them the attention they crave. 

Charlie Strong was right.

Edited by DaggerHorns

7 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

A big part of what they do in Australia and New Zealand is masking the shooting information. They do not talk about them, their families, their background, etc.

Here, we love it. We reward the shooter with social media, news channels, interviews etc.

Every one of these shooters wants notoriety and we give that to them. We give them exactly what they want…attention and fame.

That's nice.  I guess.  Haven't seen any stats to back it up.  Honestly, they post stuff like this on TexAgs after a shooting, so I usually assume it's a deflection from real issue.

Just remember it's nowhere near as effective as keeping guns out of their hands.  That should be your takeaway from that chart I posted.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

I prefer a more liberal interpretation of the first than the second but that’s me.

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

FvfkJdsakAA7LAY?format=jpg&name=large

What a little bitch.

Edited by Celery Man
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

- make sure the 2A crowd is told your pistols, shotguns and hunting rifles will not be affected. 

“Told”.  Only way it works is if it’s in stone.  And convincingly selling something in stone as your taking another way seems, unlikely.  That’s why it will never be fixed. 

• Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, DaggerHorns said:

I agree but hopefully those would already exist if they could be made to cooperate with the 1st amendment. 

47 minutes ago, Stilicho said:

Uvalde produced new gun control laws, if you recall, but in general, that tragedy likely had the opposite effect on public opinion because it showed exactly how much we can depend on the police when shit hits the fan. 

When seconds count, police have always been minutes away…. But today we can’t hire or retain dispatchers so we get put on hold when we call 911. Or hung up on. Or the police just never show up at all. Or they do show up and shoot the good guy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, mchookem said:

cults always sacrifice their children. 

the Murder Dildo Cult is no different. 

We should just get back to sacrificing virgins in Volcanos. I think when we started moving away from that is when things started going to shit. Take one lucky virgin from each state and US territory. Send them to Hawaii and chuck them all in a volcano and live stream it on TikTok. It really is the only way to undo all the harm we did by stopping the virgin sacrifices. 

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

So it's not the 2nd amendment that's the problem, it's the 1st?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stilicho said:

345164819_6811789435516494_6103249440944

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

Unsolicited advice from a presumptuous CR fucktard who’s failed to read my other posts on the topic. 

Methinks the oilman doth protest too much. But it makes sense that fatty would be repping you on this topic, he does love his guns more than anything else

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, royiv said:

It doesn't matter.  Dead children are the sacrifice we must tolerate to preserve our liberties. We need more firepower to de-escalate the culture of violence in our society. 

Kids with their faces blown off is price we must all pay to be in perennial contention for incarceration capitol of the world and protect the fee fees of cosplaying gravy seals.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

You completely misjudge the enemy here. A large percentage of our country sees these images and events unfold and it reinforces their belief that the only solution is more guns in our society.

The first response to that retardation should be the fact that more guns has only made the US increasingly the most dangerous first world country on the planet.

I will coincide that if you eventually kill enough people, gun deaths will go down as the availability of targets dwindle.

1 minute ago, Chopper said:

The state rep from Allen says it's god's fault, and guns have nothing to do with it.

Ah yes. The absolute worst type of “Christian.” If something bad happens to you or your family it is bc you didn’t pray, you lack faith and of course God is punishing you. If that’s true, people like him should be very afraid of God. But they don’t even have the sense to do that bc their understanding of the Bible and Jesus and God is so twisted and wrong. All they do is spread hate and judgment and fear. Fuck that guy. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

That is how you get elected in Collin County.

One of the main reasons NOTHING ever gets done (I apologize for what I am about to post bc 98% of surly are attorneys—I myself have a legal degree but I don’t practice—-so please understand I say this with love and compassion): most people in government are attorneys. This is why shit never gets done. All lawyers do is talk and file motions and draft shit with loopholes that get exploited and talk and bitch some more and talk even more and debate oh gawd do they debate and draft amendments and NOT a FUCKING thing gets done ever!!!!! Sorry. I say all this with all the love I have in my heart. But it’s true. It’s all true. I promise you if we put real problem solver types in Congress on a National and State level shit would get done faster. ✌️ 

• Drool 1

The suspect in a deadly mall shooting in Allen, Texas, that left eight dead and several others injured Saturday has been identified by law enforcement sources, Fox News Digital has learned. 

Records obtained by Fox News Digital indicate the suspect is 33-year-old Mauricio Martinez Garcia of Dallas, Texas. 

The suspect’s age, address, and vehicle matches the description of details law enforcement provided. 

The suspect's last known address is approximately 30 miles south of the shooting at Allen Premium Outlets in Dallas, Texas, and appears to be the Budget Suites of America. 

34 minutes ago, Chopper said:

The state rep from Allen says it's god's fault, and guns have nothing to do with it.

Okay, for the "facts don't care about your feelings" crowd, let's game out the outstanding logic of your elected heroes:

These countries are among the Top 10 in most Christians within their borders---Ethiopia, Germany, the Congo, China, Nigeria, and the Phillipenes.  which all combine for the same number of mass shootings in a year than does Texas all by itself.  400 million Christians just in those 5 countries to Texas' ~20mm.  So if the lack of the Christian God is the explanation and not complacent ineptitude...where are all their gun deaths?  

If you wanna work it by %/per capita.  It's Romania, Papua New Guinea, Armenia, Namibia, and Moldova.  All far, far ahead of the U.S. % of Christians.  Those six countries account for fewer mass shootings than Montana...not exactly our most populous state.  

So somebody explain, real slow.  If the mass shootings are due to the lack of the Christian God in our daily lives...why do we absolutely blow away any other country with lots and lots of the Christian God in their daily lives.  

"They don't have our freedoms"---yeah, look where we are in the Cato Institute Freedom Index.  We're actually doing pretty bad for a Western Democracy.  

"We don't have enough God"---see above

"Mental Health"---time and time again, there is zero evidence to suggest that the United States stands alone as a country with an outlier amount of mentally ill people.

"Uh, we're too diverse unlike the Nordic countries"---the United States doesn't rank anywhere near the Top 20 of most diverse countries on Earth.  Plenty of other nations, with a wider array of races and ethnicities somehow manage not to shoot one another up (never mind the typical profile of the typical shooter)

Hence, we're circling back to violent movies and video games.  You know those things that none of the world has ever been exposed to. 

and my new and consistent favorite, "But what about Chicago?"

Guess what they say in Chicago?  "At least we're not Texas."  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Allen Outlet Mall Massacre