Allen Outlet Mall Massacre

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

If you have to train people to use a vehicle as a weapon, it's already too late. We should be training how to perform an ocular patdown and eliminate the risk before it becomes a problem. 

I've been training for this all my life!

also...

gary-larsen.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Joke all you want, but it is clear to me that the solution to our gun violence problem is only selling pickup trucks to guys who aren’t pussies. America would be much safer if every truck owner would, without hesitation or second-guessing, immediately stomp on the gas and ram full speed into any potential threat. 

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

He could’ve been killed as he fled too if the shooter simply turned around. You floor it, you die a hero and get remembered. You run away, maybe you live but you just die some other day in obscurity like almost everyone else. 

You know who else could be remembered as heroes? Politicians who wake up and do something abut mass shootings in this country. 

You blaming the truck driver for not mowing over the shooter so he can be a hero is a fucking disgusting take. You should really think this logic through before posting.

• Hook 'Em 8

Its not military or law enfcement related and I don’t see how that’s relevant. Anyone is capable of being brave. I’m not out here saying I’m Rambo or that I’d for sure do the right thing and take action, but I think I’d be capable of it in the right moment. 

You wouldn't, and that's ok. But pretending otherwise and then boasting about it is high fucking comedy. You ain't that guy, dude.

11 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Joke all you want, but it is clear to me that the solution to our gun violence problem is only selling pickup trucks to guys who aren’t pussies. America would be much safer if every truck owner would, without hesitation or second-guessing, immediately stomp on the gas and ram full speed into any potential threat. 

Ford and GM would be out of business in no time.

7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

You know who else could be remembered as heroes? Politicians who wake up and do something abut mass shootings in this country. 

You blaming the truck driver for not mowing over the shooter so he can be a hero is a fucking disgusting take. You should really think this logic through before posting.

You’re just projecting things I never said now. To me the shooter has about all the blame when it comes time to point fingers for these incidents. Then it’s the politicians or anyone else that made it so easy for it to happen, followed lastly by anyone at the scene who could’ve possibly mitigated the damage but chose not to. For that last category the blame is high when it’s someone charged to protect (like parkland or Uvalde cops) and it’s not high at all when it was just a civilian that lacked courage they weren’t expected to have anyway. Nothing “illogical” about my thought process whatsoever.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’ve binged this thread on a flight from Miami, and I notice that this comment not only wasn’t answered correctly, it was mostly ignored. And honestly it deserves some thought and consideration in part of this fucking process. 

the correct answer is that those countries are all majority, seriously majority, white. 

Ding. 

They did not build their countries on tribalism, oppression, hate, and fear of a minority uprising, so gun culture isn't part of the fabric and foundation. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

The hypothetical hero. The man who elaborates on the things he might have done in the situation he was never involved with in the first place. Everyone of these imaginary brave citizens should be rewarded with the medal of pretend honor. Remember them. Hold their memory in the highest form of sarcastic reverence. And thank them for all the things they never did. 

Is the medal of pretend honor kind of like the plaque of pretend championship?

Untitled.png

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

Don't ever apologize for being proud of the things you didn't actually do. The imaginary sacrifices you never made are things that can never be taken away from you. When the heat was on and the fat was in the fire, you articulated bravery from a chair. Thank you. 

Getting owned this hard should be grounds for a permaban tbh

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i've been in panicked situations before and my response in retrospect every time has been embarrassing.  the first three seconds each time has been to do something that is irrelevant, unhelpful, and incomprehensible.  

Didn't know you had PE issues.  Have you heard about For Hims?  

"You're under arrest for running over that unarmed man with your truck."

"But officer, that was Helobious, from SurlyHorns."

*officer reaches to unlock the handcuffs* 

"You're free to go."

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Chooky said:

The hypothetical hero. The man who elaborates on the things he might have done in the situation he was never involved with in the first place. Everyone of these imaginary brave citizens should be rewarded with the medal of pretend honor. Remember them. Hold their memory in the highest form of sarcastic reverence. And thank them for all the things they never did. 

This is everyone in a game thread during the football season.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

so why the F did he shoot up a mostly white part of town, with all white victims ?

they were mostly minorities.  

7 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

rumors are that 3-4 other dead were a Chinese-American family, seems he was targeting minorities. 

korean family.  mom and dad (mid to late 30s) both killed along with their youngest (3).  older boy (6) got released from ICU yesterday.  we have several mutuals friends with the family although we didn't know them.  here's a link to their gofundme.  https://www.gofundme.com/f/allen-tx-shootingrip-kyu-cindy-and-james-cho

the gunman went for minorities.  the Chos huddled as soon as the shooting started.  the mom used her body to shield the oldest from bullets which is why he lived.  

• Rage+1 6

1 minute ago, gsoda3 said:

korean family.  mom and dad (mid to late 30s) both killed along with their youngest (3).  older boy (6) got released from ICU yesterday.  we have several mutuals friends with the family although we didn't know them.  here's a link to their gofundme.  https://www.gofundme.com/f/allen-tx-shootingrip-kyu-cindy-and-james-cho

[gun fetishists] The survivor is only 6?  WHEW!  At least he's too young to turn into one of those annoying Parkland kids, bitching about guns and shit. Chalk that up as a win.  [/gun fetishists]

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

2nd and 4th grader from Wylie also among the dead.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

[gun fetishists] The survivor is only 6?  WHEW!  At least he's too young to turn into one of those annoying Parkland kids, bitching about guns and shit. Chalk that up as a win.  [/gun fetishists]

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!!!!!

It's a *checks notes* due process issue.

2 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

Joke all you want, but it is clear to me that the solution to our gun violence problem is only selling pickup trucks to guys who aren’t pussies. 

You trying to put Ford out of business? 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

his OK count, whatever that is, is up on twitter.  it's all nazi shit and diary entries about white power.

And misogynist incel bullshit.  Anti-semetic, anti-women, parroting Nick Fuentes, all that shit.  Really, the standard stewpot of assholery we've come to expect these days.

And yes, he's clearly an unbalanced idiot.  Duh.  The problem is that unbalanced idiots are being WEAPONIZED (literally) by the right.  This is our political system functioning EXACTLY as it is presently structured.  This attack is not a right-wing policy failure -- it's a right wing policy success.  When you sell a message over and over and over and over, when someone buys it, that sale is a SUCCESS.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 3
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

And misogynist incel bullshit.  Anti-semetic, anti-women, parroting Nick Fuentes, all that shit.  Really, the standard stewpot of assholery we've come to expect these days.

And yes, he's clearly an unbalanced idiot.  Duh.  The problem is that unbalanced idiots are being WEAPONIZED (literally) by the right.  This is our political system functioning EXACTLY as it is presently structured.  This attack is not a right-wing policy failure -- it's a right wing policy success.  When you sell a message over and over and over and over, when someone buys it, that sale is a SUCCESS.

Well no shit.

and the CR is that way ------>

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

Unfortunately, we already have a thread for that. 

yeah his personal politics weren't hard to figure out. Aric, in case not everyone knows, is with Bellingcat. click on the thread for the gory details, photo of shooter is spoilered below

Spoiler

mauricio-garcia-s-social-media-account-s

Edited by Chopper

Just now, Dahobbs said:

You should work on your sense of humor. 

Since when do i post serious shit? You should know better

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

My bad if I misread your intent, neg removed and I apologize.

it's ok, i get it. I'll take back my virgin comment

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Chopper said:

yeah his personal politics weren't hard to figure out. Aric, in case not everyone knows, is with Bellingcat. click on the thread for the gory details, photo of shooter is spoilered below

Hide contents

I bet this guys favorite movie was American History X and for all the wrong reasons. 

27 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

his OK count, whatever that is, is up on twitter.  it's all nazi shit and diary entries about white power.

I’m starting to think that maybe it’s a bad idea to sell military grade weapons to members of a genocidal party that went to war against the whole world.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Hide contents

Just another illegal alien Biden voter right there.  Clear as day.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/texas-mall-shooter-shared-extremist-beliefs-jews-women-apparent-social-rcna83336

Confirmed reporting on the OK.RU russian social media posts by the shooter. From the article:

In the weeks before the attack, the shooter posted more than two dozen photos of the Allen Premium Outlets mall, where the mass shooting occurred Saturday afternoon, and surrounding areas, including several screenshots of Google location information, seemingly monitoring the mall at its busiest times.

Many of his posts referenced his mental health. In his final post, he lamented what his family might say and wrote that no psychologist would have been able to fix him. He wrote that he had expressed similar thoughts to his commanding officer.

The shooter also posted a series of links to other sites, including one of a YouTube account with one video posted the day of the shooting. In the video, he removes a "Scream" mask and says, "Not quite what you were expecting, huh?"

He also posted photos of a flak vest emblazoned with patches, including one with the acronym for "Right Wing Death Squad," a popular meme among far-right extremist groups. Another post included a series of shirtless pictures with visible white power tattoos, including SS Lightning Bolts and a swastika.

We live in a fucking insane world. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

• immamac changed the title to Allen Outlet Mall Massacre