2018 World Cup

DanTheHorn

I looked a bit to see if posted already, siap.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/russian-lawmaker-warns-sex-foreigners-world-cup-another-race-worse-000304087.html

The World Cup being hosted by Russia is fraught with controversy of all kinds.

One Russian lawmaker figured adding a little more on top on the eve of the action wouldn’t hurt.

Russian lawmaker says no to sex with World cup visitors

Tamara Pletnyova, head of the lower house of parliament’s Family, Women and Children Committee, warned Russians against having sex with foreign visitors during a radio appearance on Wednesday. More specifically, she warned Russian woman against getting pregnant by visitors, hearkening back to the 1980 Moscow Olympics. 

“There will be girls who meet men, and then they will give birth,” Pletnyova said via translation. “Maybe they will get married, maybe they won’t. But the kids will suffer, just like they suffered [after the Moscow Olympics].”

“It’s the children who suffer and have suffered since the Soviet era.” 

If you do have sex, don’t mix races

But Pletnyova wasn’t done with simply advising residents against trysts with visitors and the perils of being a single mother or a child born out of wedlock.

c3b9350028fce64b5f9007cd20309fa4 As Russia attempts to tamp down fears of racism during the World Cup, a lawmaker warned residents of having sex with visitors of different races. (AP)

She clarified that if you’re going to have sex with a foreigner, just make sure that partner is white.

“If it’s another race, then it’s even worse,” Pletnyova said. “We should give birth to our own children.”

“I’m not a nationalist, but nonetheless,” she added. 

OK.

Russia has history of racism in soccer venues

This is not the first first incident intertwining racism and soccer in Russia.

FIFA fined the Russian Football Union $30,000 for fans directing racist monkey chants at French players during a pre-World Cup friendly in May.

aed5e1e51b1a2f1a1b2e20f00bccc23e England’s Danny Rose told his family to stay home from the World Cut out of fears of racism. (Reuters)

Danny Rose, a black English soccer player, told the UK’s Evening Standard that he told his family to stay home during the World Cup out of concerns of racism.

“I’m not worried for myself,” Rose told Standard Sport. “But I’ve told my family I don’t want them going out there because of racism and anything else that may ­happen. I don’t want to be worrying when I’m trying to prepare for games for my family’s safety.

“My dad’s really upset. I could hear it in his voice. He said he may never get a chance again to come and watch me in a World Cup. That was emotional, hearing that. It’s really sad. It’s just how it is. Somehow Russia got the World Cup and we have to get on with it.”

European anti-racism watchdog FARE warned World Cup visitors on Tuesday to take precautions in a “difficult environment” amid repeated reports of racist behavior in Russian stadiums.

Russia has pledged to crack down on racism during the run-up to the World Cup.

Pletnyova apparently didn’t get that memo. 

3 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

I will take that. Poland has no shot, but Hook em... 

Polish-fans-girl-eridubet.jpg?resize=960

Oh Poland's got a shot dude. 12th most likely team to win it all according to the odds. And maybe they get something of a regional boost from the Eastern European site.

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Who is Rachel Bonnetta?

Why "should" we be following her?

Works for Fox Soccer; she's young and cute and and is legitimately funny which is why you should follow her to begin with, and her IG stories from behind-the-scenes in Russia are plentiful.

Link

And it appears that these fears have been realised, with reports indicating that a gay couple – who had travelled to Russia to cheer on France – have been beaten in St Petersburg.

The pair were targeted after catching a taxi together, according to Telegram channel Operdrain, which reports news from police and other law agencies straight from the source.

The main victim, named as O. Davrius, was taken to the hospital, where doctors discovered that he had a brain contusion and open craniocerebral injury, as well as an upper jaw fracture.

Shocked /s

10 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Travelled to 50+ countries. Russia is the one I unilaterally tell friends/family not to visit. Felt nervous the entire time I was there. 

I've only been to 30 countries, without issue and loved something about every place I've been.

Except Russia. 

Fuck that place.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

All of the BRICS countries are in my bottom 10. 

*haven’t been to china

China is FUCKING AWESOME. Have been all over that country and never felt unsafe. The people are great and the food is fun. 

Brasil is also a blast if you are traveling with someone who knows their way around. 

13 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

China is FUCKING AWESOME. Have been all over that country and never felt unsafe. The people are great and the food is fun. 

Brasil is also a blast if you are traveling with someone who knows their way around. 

Probably helps to have a fixer in Brazil. Getting robbed twice in 8 days didn’t sit well with me. 

24 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

All of the BRICS countries are in my bottom 10. 

*haven’t been to china

yeah, no thanks on brasil, russia, india and south africa. but china is pretty kickass. i've only been to shenzhen, hong kong, and chengdu, however. chengdu was fucking outstanding.

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

1 day later, and you have your answer......   yowza.     zero shots on goal and beaten by a 5 spot

Hey man, I didn't know Putin was going to pay them all off. Those Saudi guys looked pretty uninterested in scoring goals.

5 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Travelled to 50+ countries. Russia is the one I unilaterally tell friends/family not to visit. Felt nervous the entire time I was there. 

Breaking 70 countries this year. Russia has sick history, diverse topography and sexy women. Half of you probably think cancun is the tits and margaritaville is the shit!

Edited by travelingtexan
  • Like 3