Palo Alto Super Regional: Texas @ Stanford

Horny Bull

21 minutes ago, landman said:

How we lost the emotion from the end of the last inning with the throw out at 3rd to our follow up at bat is bad.  Hitters had zero interest at the plate when they should have been on fire. 

that's not how baseball works

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Great now we got aggies sticking up for us

pierce absolutely has to win a NC in the next 2-3 seasons or hes toast. End of story

Pierce will be here a long time. Sorry bud. 

Now excuse me while I go start a forest fire.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Honestly just gutted for Dylan, solo shot in game 2 against ECU last year to give Texas the lead, then walked it off in the 9th. 38 game hit streak this year, game tying single in the 8th, incredible career and yet he will probably never be able to get over what just happened..

I have a hunch that he, like most people on the board with an IQ over 70, realizes that there was nothing he could do and it was just shitty luck.  Now if he had dropped it, he'd have a much harder time getting over it.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, davi34 said:

Yea, for me it’s the game 3 loss to LSU in 09. I really thought that team had it in them. 

This sucks but all the attrition, early season woes and wtf moments this year say we shouldn’t have even been this close to the promised land again.

Oh shit yeah that was a fucking gut punch. That hurt for days.

Edited by troph

Pierce put together the preseason #1 team in the country last year and then Witt getting injured really killed the season.

This was understandably a rebuilding year but we won a share of the conference tournament and made it to the Supers.  A healthy Witt likely has us as outright conference champs hosting both the regionals and supers in Austin.

Anyone claiming that Pierce should be on the hot seat is a dumbass.  Don’t underestimate the significant impact that Witt’s injury had on the last two seasons.

• Hook 'Em 9

Just now, txhorns said:

Pierce put together the preseason #1 team in the country last year and then Witt getting injured really killed the season.

This was understandably a rebuilding year but we won a share of the conference tournament and made it to the Supers.  A healthy Witt likely has us as outright conference champs hosting both the regionals and supers in Austin.

Anyone claiming that Pierce should be on the hot seat is a dumbass.  Don’t underestimate the significant impact that Witt’s injury had on the last two seasons.

Witt gonna be selling life insurance in 3 years, jesus

• Fuck You 17

3 minutes ago, davi34 said:

This sucks but all the attrition, early season woes and wtf moments this year say we shouldn’t have even been this close to the promised land again.

That's where I come out.  It feels like we just didn't have the horses this year and overachieved to get as far as we did.  Stanford is a damn good team.

We've got to do a better job filling out the pitching staff next year.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

You know im right…. Deep down, you know. 10 years at the helm of Texas baseball with nothing to show for it? Hes gone

You're as right as you typically are, which is to say "shockingly wrong".  As is usually the case, I have to elucidate:  I *hate* Texas "fans" like you.  Fuck off.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Crossed a line. Talking shit about pierce whatever he’s making dough and he’s over 40. Witt is a talented player and a kid who is coming off surgery. Lay off man. Seriously.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

Just now, GreenspointTexas said:

He may be now because of the injury, who knows.  But before the injury he was a preseason All American and a 1st round draft pick candidate.  Do you need a needle and some thread to see up that gaping slit between your legs?

Just now, Majorcholas said:

Good point that nothing has changed in over 100 years in college sports which allows for a direct comparison. Especially lately. Nothing at all.

Pierce will need to shit or get off the pot. Since when is just making it Omaha good enough at Texas?

2022 - 0-2

2021 - 3-2

2018 - 0-2

overall - 3-6

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, troph said:

Crossed a line. Talking shit about pierce whatever he’s making dough and he’s over 40. Witt is a talented player and a kid who is coming off surgery. Lay off man. Seriously.

He's a worthless shitbag who should be shunned from the UT community.  I have no idea if he's a UT grad.  Hope he isn't.  I hope I never meet him.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, losing sucks and losing like that is gut-wrenching, but getting as far as the super regionals during this season is basically playing with house money. And it was a fantastic series on top of that? The team exceeded expectations and it took a fluke play at the worst time to end it. 

My silver lining here is that this series is what got my son interested in baseball. Asked to watch every single game and he was bummed that he wouldn’t make it through the whole game tonight. “Tell me exactly what happened tomorrow morning.” I’ll spare him the gritty details. No need to ruin his Texas sports experience this early. Plenty of time for that later. 

• Hook 'Em 7

I’m still stunned.  To see them fight and claw back to tie the game when early  it looked like they were going to struggle to score runs tonight…..it’s a heartbreaking way to lose.  But it was fun watching this team get better all year and achieve more than most thought possible.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Feel even worse for EK cause he couldn’t see it either. 5 years at Texas filled with a lot of highs and lows, believe he is the only guy that was apart of that 2019 team. Had the walk off against USF in 2021 super, 3 run shot against Tennessee to jump start the 2021 run in Omaha, and yet that’s the last memory you will have at Texas. 

I’ve always wondered what you even say as a coach after that.

• Hook 'Em 3

26 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

Hey fuck it. We over achieved this season. Stanford will get raped by wake forest

Probably, but I hope it's a good match.  I want to believe and want Texas to keep thinking they are in every game.  

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Since when is just making it Omaha good enough at Texas?

We've won 3 national titles in the last 40 years. So it has apparently been good enough plenty of times.

I don't mind going back and forth with you on football stuff but seeing you pop into the baseball game threads for the first all year doing your usual let's take a look at the record shit is tiring.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, TornACL said:

I want to die 

More power to ask if you who have the energy to argue bullshit after this game 

You don't have to have a hot take or some bullshit comparison. Sometimes it just sucks. 

I’m with you that sucked hard. 

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

We've won 3 national titles in the last 40 years. So it has apparently been good enough plenty of times.

I don't mind going back and forth with you on football stuff but seeing you pop into the baseball game threads for the first all year doing your usual let's take a look at the record shit is tiring.

I posted in the regional thread :)

But yeah let’s just say Omaha is good enough for the best baseball program all time. Winning titles >

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Pretty remarkable how some people just post and make statements completely devoid of context.