Palo Alto Super Regional: Texas @ Stanford

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

I guess it's nice to get to CWS, but 2 and q is curiously unsatisfying, even when you know it's overachievement.

I’m watching til the end but this team has over achieved. Making it to game three in a super regional on the road is good experience for the young ones.

• Hook 'Em 7

Morehouse isn't pitching poorly.  Stanford is just raking.  They're letting the ball travel, staying in on it, and hitting it where it needs to go (opposite field on pitches on the outer half, etc.).  They're doing what they should be doing while 6-7 of our 9 hitters are tying to pull everything.

4 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

getting bounced by fucking aggy is what made it bad.   esp since that was only their 5th fucking win in Omaha ever. 

Yeah, I didn't want to say it out loud, but that has a lot to do with it.

Another trip to Omaha is definitely good for the stat book, but I feel like we'd have a high chance of 2 and q'ing again  . . .  .

Edited by TwiceHorn

Just now, AUS-97HORN said:

i cant believe the guy on 3rd didnt go for home there when they rundown started.

So we throw right back to home and tag him out by 5 feet?

I think they’d rather have 2 outs and runner at 3rd than 2 outs runner at 2nd.

but either way that was some stupid 10U level shit 

1 minute ago, Hondo said:

Morehouse isn't pitching poorly.  Stanford is just raking.  They're letting the ball travel, staying in on it, and hitting it where it needs to go (opposite field on pitches on the outer half, etc.).  They're doing what they should be doing while 6-7 of our 9 hitters are tying to pull everything.

Miami was a solid hitting team but this Stanford team doesn’t mess around when pitchers miss over the plate. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I'll say this for Stanford, especially after watching a ton of SEC baseball over the past decade.  I'll root for teams like them and Texas over the gold chain wearing, beard-and-mullet, fur coat wearing d-bags from the SEC.  Texas is going to stick out like a sore thumb down there next year.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

So we throw right back to home and tag him out by 5 feet?

I think they’d rather have 2 outs and runner at 3rd than 2 outs runner at 2nd.

but either way that was some stupid 10U level shit 

I mean if you're going to put that play on, yeah.  You make us make both throws.