How far would Surly take this?

nineliveslost

8 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

My initial thought is do you look like a bitch?

People will try to screw you over if they think you're a weak bitch. Go in there looking like a man capable of causing some carnage and they don't even try it. 

Try looking like more of a man. 

This would be funnier if it wasn’t, verbatim, what I imagine an Andrew Tate podcast is like. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

My initial thought is do you look like a bitch?

People will try to screw you over if they think you're a weak bitch. Go in there looking like a man capable of causing some carnage and they don't even try it. 

Try looking like more of a man. 

I'm just your average Surly man ...11 on a scale of 1-10

Not one ounce of bitch

25 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I ordered food for 4 adults at the Whataburger in Red Oak, and the total came to ~$45. I thought it was about $10 too much, so I checked the receipt, and there were multiple mistakes. The manager said he canceled that charge and he redid the order (my cc app doesn’t immediately notify me of returns). I checked a couple of days later, and I was charged for both transactions with no reversal of the first. I stopped back in a few days later with the receipts, and the manager said he be sorry, but had no recollection of what he had done only a few days earlier. I should’ve had him make a note on the first receipt and sign it. That was 5 years ago, and I’m still pissed.

Almost makes me wish I lived in Red Oak so I could boycott that Whataburger. 

In the 90's the wife and I were traveling and ended up stuck for 12hrs in Istanbul International Airport (flight out was continuously delayed for 2 hours at a time).  Then, and I assume now in Turkey, you negotiated the price of everything.  I was told it was a cultural thing and refusing to negotiate was considered rude, basically akin to "I would rather pay more not to interact with you".   Anyways, around hour 4 I decided I needed a coffee from the airport cafe/cafeteria, I got my coffee and politely haggled with the lady cashier...  I ended up on 35 lire...  fine (like 50cents at the time)

Several hours later, I needed another cup of coffee, this time there was a local in line before me getting coffee too.  He negotiated 25 lire, so when I got to the cashier, she smiled and I started at 20 lire, she said no, we already agreed on your price 35 lire.  She wouldn't budge and I needed the coffee so I paid it begrudgingly.  I'm still pissed and we're talking about 5 cents...  It's petty, I know, but it is what it is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, locodos said:

In the 90's the wife and I were traveling and ended up stuck for 12hrs in Istanbul International Airport (flight out was continuously delayed for 2 hours at a time).  Then, and I assume now in Turkey, you negotiated the price of everything.  I was told it was a cultural thing and refusing to negotiate was considered rude, basically akin to "I would rather pay more not to interact with you".   Anyways, around hour 4 I decided I needed a coffee from the airport cafe/cafeteria, I got my coffee and politely haggled with the lady cashier...  I ended up on 35 lire...  fine (like 50cents at the time)

Several hours later, I needed another cup of coffee, this time there was a local in line before me getting coffee too.  He negotiated 25 lire, so when I got to the cashier, she smiled and I started at 20 lire, she said no, we already agreed on your price 35 lire.  She wouldn't budge and I needed the coffee so I paid it begrudgingly.  I'm still pissed and we're talking about 5 cents...  It's petty, I know, but it is what it is.

You should have bought 2 cups and thrown one in her face.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, nineliveslost said:

So, I went to the drive-through for a double whopper with cheese add bacon and a small fry. Lady said $13.81. I was thinking, fuck me inflation. I drive around, hand lady my card and said, "that's high for a double and small fry." She replied with some "life's expensive these days." Get my food and drive home. Eat my shitty burger and meh fries, then decide to check credit card online and it shows $15.81. Look online prices for BK and it should have cost like $10. Lady did not include receipt in bag. 

Called the BK support # and it sends you to an online autochat that doesn't help. Went to BK online and they send you to same autochat. Tried calling location multiple times with no answer.

Curious how far would Surly (not 1 percenters) take getting ripped off $5ish from shitty fast food?

No, I am not burning the fucking place down over $5. . . but thinking about it.

I'm sorry you can't do quick math while you're sitting in the drive through line.

Frankly, I'm not sure I even notice this mistake. And even if I do, I would not care.

Aren’t the prices on the drive thru menu? I can’t really talk shit though,  last night I got really high with a homegirl  and spent 22 dollars at taco bueno definitely didn’t check the receipt but damn it was more than I thought

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Aren’t the prices on the drive thru menu? I can’t really talk shit though,  last night I got really high with a homegirl  and spent 22 dollars at taco bueno definitely didn’t check the receipt but damn it was more than I thought

Didn't even look at prices. I don't normally go. Just rolled in, said double whopper with cheese add bacon and small fry. Didn't look, didn't think. When she said 13 whatever, i was like damn inflation. Only when i got home and saw the $15 charge did I get pissed. No math was needed or done. it was a spur of the moment.

Old man here, but I remember when an entire big hamburger meal was $5.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

22 hours ago, nineliveslost said:

It was a double hamburger and fry. It's not rocket surgery. 

To them, IT IS rocket surgery.

If you go to the Gambool thread, you'll find me as a frequent enough poster on the poker board. Not too many places open after midnight and if hungry, it's pretty much the local Whataburger for food at 2 or 3am after leaving the card rooms. Drive thru only and you wouldn't believe how many times they have left out or I've had to ask for napkins...! NO fucking napkins in a To Go order??

I drive off and remind myself there is a reason they are working at Whataburger at 2AM on a Tuesday night...

8 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

To them, IT IS rocket surgery.

If you go to the Gambool thread, you'll find me as a frequent enough poster on the poker board. Not too many places open after midnight and if hungry, it's pretty much the local Whataburger for food at 2 or 3am after leaving the card rooms. Drive thru only and you wouldn't believe how many times they have left out or I've had to ask for napkins...! NO fucking napkins in a To Go order??

I drive off and remind myself there is a reason they are working at Whataburger at 2AM on a Tuesday night...

But at least they didn't over charge you. I got napkins at home. But i know what you mean

22 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

I would stake out the drive thru window for about 3 weeks, carefully documenting the employee’s schedule and her work habits, cross reference against my notes on the other employees to find discrepancies in how she operates vs. the more ethical employees on the other shifts, compile all the evidence to be presented first to the store manager and then up the corporate chain as necessary.

And then assuming she is fired, next I would sprinkle some crack in her apartment and call the cops with an anonymous tip.  I’d have spent the last few weeks breaking into her apartment and using her phone to make calls to known drug dealers.  I would have emptied my savings and left the cash in a bag that I hid in her closet before calling the cops.  I’d place scales and pistols with the serial number filed off in her kitchen.  

I would also clog her toilet with Thai food shits, because (a) fuck her, and (b) I want the investigating cops to find that, put it in the police report and the indictment so she’s forever branded in public record as a nasty ditch pig who takes man size shits and doesn’t clean up. 

And then, when she’s sentenced to 30 years, I’d send a package to her in prison with a Burger King receipt enclosed and “+ an extra $5 for me” handwritten as an additional line item.  Fuck around and find out, bitch! 

UnfortunateNextCondor-size_restricted.gi

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, locodos said:

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

i have quit taco cabana because i always order 2 extra tortillas (which means i'm supposed to get 4) and 20 out of 20 orders in a row I would open the bag still sitting at the window and go through the small bag with the tacos and tortillas, identify all of the tacos, identify the one wrap of tortillas (this takes about 30 seconds) and then remonstrate the window person for not including my 2 extra tortillas

20 out of 20 in a row - only 2 tortillas - not 4

1/3rd of the window workers would get a look on their face like i shot their dog

finally i figured it out

if you always short the customer for extra tortillas (which have a "count") then you can make your own soft tacos for free

now that rosa's is open near me they get my business, or taco bueno

taco bueno has a coupon flyer that comes in the mail with a $5 off $15 coupon in addition to all of the other coupons

their quality is just as good as cabana or bell and prices are still reasonable

burger king - i stop at the one in the quickie mart on i35 in jarrell when heading north and need calories for the road combat

i have learned to ask the price of what i'm ordering and then tell the voice in the box i will be checking the receipt and the price for a double with cheese, small sprite no ice (NOT LARGE) and large fries has plummeted to under $10 when following fascist drive through protocol

and this brings me to the ultimate scammers......

the local arby's

it's the same shady-behaving people in the drive through and at the counter every time i go - no turnover in the last 10 years.....

get this, the receipt machine has been broken for 14 years

if you hand them a coupon when you get to the window they have a fucking fit and SCREAM at you to ALWAYS tell them in advance that you have a coupon when you order through the speakerbox before you drive up

i haven't figured out the angle to this scam, but they are very very clever in whatever scam they are running

46 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i have quit taco cabana because i always order 2 extra tortillas (which means i'm supposed to get 4) and 20 out of 20 orders in a row I would open the bag still sitting at the window and go through the small bag with the tacos and tortillas, identify all of the tacos, identify the one wrap of tortillas (this takes about 30 seconds) and then remonstrate the window person for not including my 2 extra tortillas

20 out of 20 in a row - only 2 tortillas - not 4

1/3rd of the window workers would get a look on their face like i shot their dog

finally i figured it out

if you always short the customer for extra tortillas (which have a "count") then you can make your own soft tacos for free

now that rosa's is open near me they get my business, or taco bueno

taco bueno has a coupon flyer that comes in the mail with a $5 off $15 coupon in addition to all of the other coupons

their quality is just as good as cabana or bell and prices are still reasonable

burger king - i stop at the one in the quickie mart on i35 in jarrell when heading north and need calories for the road combat

i have learned to ask the price of what i'm ordering and then tell the voice in the box i will be checking the receipt and the price for a double with cheese, small sprite no ice (NOT LARGE) and large fries has plummeted to under $10 when following fascist drive through protocol

and this brings me to the ultimate scammers......

the local arby's

it's the same shady-behaving people in the drive through and at the counter every time i go - no turnover in the last 10 years.....

get this, the receipt machine has been broken for 14 years

if you hand them a coupon when you get to the window they have a fucking fit and SCREAM at you to ALWAYS tell them in advance that you have a coupon when you order through the speakerbox before you drive up

i haven't figured out the angle to this scam, but they are very very clever in whatever scam they are running

backing up homer simpson GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, locodos said:

Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

I mean besides the Four Seasons Sultanahmet

I had a large man lather down my naked body in a hamam in Sultanahmet so i imagine the prison experience is not so much different

I ordered food for 4 adults at the Whataburger in Red Oak, and the total came to ~$45. I thought it was about $10 too much, so I checked the receipt, and there were multiple mistakes. The manager said he canceled that charge and he redid the order (my cc app doesn’t immediately notify me of credits). I checked a couple of days later, and I was charged for both transactions with no refund of the first. I stopped back in a few days later with the receipts which I had actually saved, and the manager said he be sorry, but had no recollection of what he had done only a few days earlier. I should’ve had him make a note on the first receipt and sign it. That was 5 years ago, and I’m still pissed.
Almost makes me wish I lived in Red Oak so I could boycott that Whataburger. 

I hope you disputed the charge with your CC company. You could have driven to Corpus and raised fucking hell at the old HQ.

To the OP, the real issue is likely technology. Your store’s system is not tied to the dot com price. Could be a franchisee issue. Could be corporate stupidity. I highly doubt the cashier at the drive thru does anything but push preprogrammed buttons rather than running a larceny scheme.

This is going to be a highly unpopular opinion here, but man, the big king is actually a passable burger.   

If you happen upon a BK that is actually run properly, that unicorn can deliver a fairly decent burger and fries. They are so rare that I rarely venture there.

Another unpopular opinion: those $1 tacos they had were fucking awesome on the Jack in the box scale. Way better that Jack.
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

I can’t really talk shit though,  last night I got really high with a homegirl  and spent 22 dollars at taco bueno definitely didn’t check the receipt but damn it was more than I thought

Damn bro, they’re rocking the 3 for $6 right now. Two Muchacos, chips & guac was a pretty happy $6.50 lunch earlier. 

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

If you happen upon a BK that is actually run properly, that unicorn can deliver a fairly decent burger and fries. They are so rare that I rarely venture there.

Another unpopular opinion: those $1 tacos they had were fucking awesome on the Jack in the box scale. Way better that Jack.

Was just about to post this. When done properly, this is my favorite fastbfood burger aside from Shortstop or Dans.

What you've got to do is cut the hamstring on the back of her leg right at the bottom. She'll never play golf again, because her weight displacement goes back, all her weight is on her right foot, and she'll push everything off to the right. She'll never come through on anything. She'll quit the game.