How far would Surly take this?

nineliveslost

I've posted before that a friend once told me that every person you see at a Burger King looks like they are having the worst day of their life.

I cant unsee it on the rare occasions I stop at a Burger King, as I realize I probably look the same. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

I've posted before that a friend once told me that every person you see at a Burger King looks like they are having the worst day of their life.

I cant unsee it on the rare occasions I stop at a Burger King, as I realize I probably look the same. 

Diablo Sandwich

• Haha 4
  • Drool 1

43 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Here is my serious advice. Try to have grace for the person involved. I don't blame you for getting upset. You don't need that $5, but it's fucking irritating. Compounded enough in your life, where you pay $5 more than everyone else around you for every good and service you ever purchase for the rest of your life, and it would make a sizable impact on the quality of your life. Luckily, that's not what is happening. But it doesn't help to think of her as pocketing that money. I don't blame you for going there. I go there nearly every single time something bad happens to me. Something isn't where I left it, I immediately conjure scenarios where someone else moved it from where I left it and either took it for themselves or didn't put it back where it belongs. Turns out I didn't actually leave it there. Someone is late for an important appointment? They're assholes who I should never associate with ever again. Then it turns out something truly important came up and they weren't able to communicate with me in a timely manner.

I'm not saying Burger Kings shouldn't be burned to the ground. If there were never any consequences for our actions we'd never alter our behavior in important ways. But we both know you're not going to do anything about it. Get mad. I don't blame you. Then accept you were playing the roulette wheel of human incompetence, and somehow your number came up. Weeeee! You win! And there are going to be times you do it to someone else in some way. 

That woman is working a shitty job at a shitty Burger King with an underpaid shitty manager and assistant managers with unhealthy power trips in charge of her life in ways no one would wish on another person. She deals with anonymous asshole after anonymous asshole on an assembly line conveyer belt of mediocrity. There's no real human connection. Nothing to be proud of regarding what she accomplished that day. And she fucked up your order in a long line of orders and you're never getting that $5 back, nor the time and energy you've invested in it since then. 

But maybe all of us are doing the best we can to manage our lives in whatever inadequate way we can muster. If we could just manage to give more people even a smidgen of a benefit of the doubt, I think it would be helpful. I'm not saying every fuckery should be about turning the other cheek. But some fuckery should. Maybe this is one of them. 

And maybe the real refund is the friends you made along the way.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

Gotta stick to easy orders, preferably combos, with none or 1 modification for drive thru. Or you’re asking for trouble. It’s going to get rung up wrong or just fucked up in general. 

Clearly you have not met my wife.

In our 17 years, there has not been an order where she doesn't ask a million questions; and then ask for substitutions or things on the side.

Not that this is what happened in your case, but Burger King started the whole posting the price for the small combo on the menu board but asking you “would you like a medium or large?” as if those were your only choices. Other places usually ask if you want to upsize. BK tries to trick you into it.

• Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

I would stake out the drive thru window for about 3 weeks, carefully documenting the employee’s schedule and her work habits, cross reference against my notes on the other employees to find discrepancies in how she operates vs. the more ethical employees on the other shifts, compile all the evidence to be presented first to the store manager and then up the corporate chain as necessary.

And then assuming she is fired, next I would sprinkle some crack in her apartment and call the cops with an anonymous tip.  I’d have spent the last few weeks breaking into her apartment and using her phone to make calls to known drug dealers.  I would have emptied my savings and left the cash in a bag that I hid in her closet before calling the cops.  I’d place scales and pistols with the serial number filed off in her kitchen.  

I would also clog her toilet with Thai food shits, because (a) fuck her, and (b) I want the investigating cops to find that, put it in the police report and the indictment so she’s forever branded in public record as a nasty ditch pig who takes man size shits and doesn’t clean up. 

And then, when she’s sentenced to 30 years, I’d send a package to her in prison with a Burger King receipt enclosed and “+ an extra $5 for me” handwritten as an additional line item.  Fuck around and find out, bitch! 

You missed the last part where you pay Brittany, the ex-hairdresser, to shiv BK lady with a broken toothbrush, while whispering in her ear "niveliveslost says hello".

3 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

Another option would be to lay some pipe. Take your mind off getting fucked by BK and on to you doing the fucking.

Heed Steel Shank's wisdom. He is succinct compared to the likes of Confucius, Socrates, Mencius or Descartes, but when you consider how to resolve all of life's worries, it can be distilled into 1) eating a meal high in cholesterol and fat, 2) drinking cheap beer and 3) laying pipe.

1 hour ago, SL Xpress said:

Here is my serious advice. Try to have grace for the person involved. I don't blame you for getting upset. You don't need that $5, but it's fucking irritating. Compounded enough in your life, where you pay $5 more than everyone else around you for every good and service you ever purchase for the rest of your life, and it would make a sizable impact on the quality of your life. Luckily, that's not what is happening. But it doesn't help to think of her as pocketing that money. I don't blame you for going there. I go there nearly every single time something bad happens to me. Something isn't where I left it, I immediately conjure scenarios where someone else moved it from where I left it and either took it for themselves or didn't put it back where it belongs. Turns out I didn't actually leave it there. Someone is late for an important appointment? They're assholes who I should never associate with ever again. Then it turns out something truly important came up and they weren't able to communicate with me in a timely manner.

I'm not saying Burger Kings shouldn't be burned to the ground. If there were never any consequences for our actions we'd never alter our behavior in important ways. But we both know you're not going to do anything about it. Get mad. I don't blame you. Then accept you were playing the roulette wheel of human incompetence, and somehow your number came up. Weeeee! You win! And there are going to be times you do it to someone else in some way. 

That woman is working a shitty job at a shitty Burger King with an underpaid shitty manager and assistant managers with unhealthy power trips in charge of her life in ways no one would wish on another person. She deals with anonymous asshole after anonymous asshole on an assembly line conveyer belt of mediocrity. There's no real human connection. Nothing to be proud of regarding what she accomplished that day. And she fucked up your order in a long line of orders and you're never getting that $5 back, nor the time and energy you've invested in it since then. 

But maybe all of us are doing the best we can to manage our lives in whatever inadequate way we can muster. If we could just manage to give more people even a smidgen of a benefit of the doubt, I think it would be helpful. I'm not saying every fuckery should be about turning the other cheek. But some fuckery should. Maybe this is one of them. 

Boring GIFs | GIFDB.com

31 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

And maybe the real refund is the friends you made along the way.

Okay, this made me laugh.

You guys think too much in small scale, this is an article 5 type of violation and demands reciprocity.  

I give you the board of directors for Restaurants Brands International:  https://www.rbi.com/English/about-us/board-of-directors/default.aspx

With a bit of online sleuthing, I'm betting you can determine what neighborhoods these folks live in.  From there, you can establish which home owners association management company oversees each.  Additionally, you can pose as a neighbor and start filling complaints and requesting that fines be issued for non compliance.  (Google street view is your friend in this endeavor).  

Sounds like a lot to go thru, right?  Well its five dollars, and damn it it's the principle of the matter!

Side note - don't be a lunatic, just eat the five bucks.  

12 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

You guys think too much in small scale, this is an article 5 type of violation and demands reciprocity.  

I give you the board of directors for Restaurants Brands International:  https://www.rbi.com/English/about-us/board-of-directors/default.aspx

With a bit of online sleuthing, I'm betting you can determine what neighborhoods these folks live in.  From there, you can establish which home owners association management company oversees each.  Additionally, you can pose as a neighbor and start filling complaints and requesting that fines be issued for non compliance.  (Google street view is your friend in this endeavor).  

Sounds like a lot to go thru, right?  Well its five dollars, and damn it it's the principle of the matter!

Side note - don't be a lunatic, just eat the five bucks.  

Never GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

6 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I'm having difficulty with the math in the OP.  I should perhaps work at Burger King too.  The drive through specifically. 

easy.

1 double whopper with cheese plus bacon and a small fry.

chick said $13.81

got my shit and went home

checked cc online and she charged $15.81

Checked price online for that store and it was less than $10

Nineliveslost got fucked out of $5 

Burn that place down = profit?

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

There was a time in the late 90s when every restaurant where I received bad service mysteriously burned to the ground a week later.

One of my friends is still convinced it was me.

If you eat at a restaurant that gives you bad service and then mysteriously burns down the following week, congratulations, you've eaten at a restaurant that gave you bad service and mysteriously burned down a week later.

If every restaurant that gives you bad service mysteriously burns down a week later, congratulations, you're a restaurant that provides bad service.

HealthyFaithfulLacewing-size_restricted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

easy.

1 double whopper with cheese plus bacon and a small fry.

chick said $13.81

got my shit and went home

checked cc online and she charged $15.81

Checked price online for that store and it was less than $10

Nineliveslost got fucked out of $5 

Burn that place down = profit?

Sounds like you drove off before the $2 hand job through the drive thru window. 

1200x0.jpg

Edited by Deej

Just now, Steel Shank said:

Lot of dumb motherfuckers working in the fast food industry. I'm careful not to give them too much credit, but every now and then a smarter than average individual arises from the herd.

It was the first thing I thought. the chick verbally tells you an inflated price, punches in the normal price and delta as a tip.  

which brings me back to these thoughts

Burn It Down GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

If you eat at a restaurant that gives you bad service and then mysteriously burns down the following week, congratulations, you've eaten at a restaurant that gave you bad service and mysteriously burned down a week later.

If every restaurant that gives you bad service mysteriously burns down a week later, congratulations, you're a restaurant that provides bad service.

HealthyFaithfulLacewing-size_restricted.

Speaking of shit service I bought a used game at gamestop because I get bored working from home and look for any reason to get out.

The choad sales guy added the 1.99 disc coverage without telling me.

I said, the fuck is this shit? I'll play this thing once and bring it back in 5 days. He goes on some diatribe which was not worth 1.99 of my time. So I walked out muttering like Milton.

Btw Deathloop blows. Don't waste your time.

18 hours ago, nineliveslost said:

So, I went to the drive-through for a double whopper with cheese add bacon and a small fry. Lady said $13.81. I was thinking, fuck me inflation. I drive around, hand lady my card and said, "that's high for a double and small fry." She replied with some "life's expensive these days." Get my food and drive home. Eat my shitty burger and meh fries, then decide to check credit card online and it shows $15.81. Look online prices for BK and it should have cost like $10. Lady did not include receipt in bag. 

Called the BK support # and it sends you to an online autochat that doesn't help. Went to BK online and they send you to same autochat. Tried calling location multiple times with no answer.

Curious how far would Surly (not 1 percenters) take getting ripped off $5ish from shitty fast food?

No, I am not burning the fucking place down over $5. . . but thinking about it.

I'd go a long way with it. Inflation is a killer already without gouging sales.

I went to Whataburger 2 weeks ago, dbl wb with cheese and jalapeños  and a DP shake?? Over $19.00. Never again.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Who uses a credit card to buy a hamburger?

Who still uses cash at a drive thru? So you can add 68 cents to the loose change under your center armrest?

12 hours ago, immamac said:

don't ever use anything but apps to order your fast food - problem solved.

Smart. That way they can only mess up the food, not how much you pay for it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I ordered food for 4 adults at the Whataburger in Red Oak, and the total came to ~$45. I thought it was about $10 too much, so I checked the receipt, and there were multiple mistakes. The manager said he canceled that charge and he redid the order (my cc app doesn’t immediately notify me of credits). I checked a couple of days later, and I was charged for both transactions with no refund of the first. I stopped back in a few days later with the receipts which I had actually saved, and the manager said he be sorry, but had no recollection of what he had done only a few days earlier. I should’ve had him make a note on the first receipt and sign it. That was 5 years ago, and I’m still pissed.

Almost makes me wish I lived in Red Oak so I could boycott that Whataburger. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2