How far would Surly take this?

nineliveslost

So, I went to the drive-through for a double whopper with cheese add bacon and a small fry. Lady said $13.81. I was thinking, fuck me inflation. I drive around, hand lady my card and said, "that's high for a double and small fry." She replied with some "life's expensive these days." Get my food and drive home. Eat my shitty burger and meh fries, then decide to check credit card online and it shows $15.81. Look online prices for BK and it should have cost like $10. Lady did not include receipt in bag. 

Called the BK support # and it sends you to an online autochat that doesn't help. Went to BK online and they send you to same autochat. Tried calling location multiple times with no answer.

Curious how far would Surly (not 1 percenters) take getting ripped off $5ish from shitty fast food?

No, I am not burning the fucking place down over $5. . . but thinking about it.

17 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

They fuck you in the drive-through. 

Gotta stick to easy orders, preferably combos, with none or 1 modification for drive thru. Or you’re asking for trouble. It’s going to get rung up wrong or just fucked up in general. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I get it.  I was so excited about the opening of the Whataburger off Stonebrook/423 in Frisco.  Yeah, fuck them now.  They are so terri-bad I'm also sworn off Whataburger now.  Wait's always 30+ minutes just to have them fuck up your order.  You can go across the street to Chick Filet with a line 2-3 times as long and they get you in and out in a fraction of the time.   Rosas also seems to have their chit together in terms of getting your order dialed up and presented as soon as you pull up to pay.  

1 minute ago, nineliveslost said:

It was a double hamburger and fry. It's not rocket surgery. 

You were free as a bird to eat wherever you wanted and you chose a fast-food joint that reheated your burger in the microwave before serving it to you.

Maybe just take this as a life lesson and make better choices next time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

You were free as a bird to eat wherever you wanted and you chose a fast-food joint that reheated your burger in the microwave before serving it to you.

The dude got double meat for his Whopper. Better choices left that decision making tree a long time ago.

Edited by Herpa Derpa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Quite a Sad Baby - Reaction GIFs

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Steel Shank said:

You should go back through the drive thru at the same time/same day in hopes that the same person is at the window. Start arguing and demanding to see the manager then try and climb thru the window. Throw shit and swing wildly.

That's what I would do if I were you.

I don't want to be on tiktok

The weekly mail flyer that comes with coupons every week happens to be sitting here with the rest of the mail I haven't opened this week. There's a BK coupon for a whopper, large fries, large drink for $6.99. You can get two of each for $13. I'm amenable to a trade if you have any Best Buy Coupons.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't eat at Burger King and I almost never get overcharged because if I think something is too high I will ask what each individual item costs. Or I'll check the receipt afterwards. 

I understand the principle but you don't really have any proof they overcharged you, and you kind of let yourself be overcharged. 

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

The weekly mail flyer that comes with coupons every week happens to be sitting here with the rest of the mail I haven't opened this week. There's a BK coupon for a whopper, large fries, large drink for $6.99. You can get two of each for $13. I'm amenable to a trade if you have any Best Buy Coupons.

unfortunately, I don't carry coupons in the car. I would have taken my meal somewhere else if the fucking covid test didn't take so long. 

And let's not derail about covid and the test. You can't get into Angola without one. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I don't eat at Burger King and I almost never get overcharged because if I think something is too high I will ask what each individual item costs. Or I'll check the receipt afterwards. 

I understand the principle but you don't really have any proof they overcharged you, and you kind of let yourself be overcharged. 

I know. funny thing is 99.99% of the time no matter where I ask for a receipt. Sigh

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

I would stake out the drive thru window for about 3 weeks, carefully documenting the employee’s schedule and her work habits, cross reference against my notes on the other employees to find discrepancies in how she operates vs. the more ethical employees on the other shifts, compile all the evidence to be presented first to the store manager and then up the corporate chain as necessary.

And then assuming she is fired, next I would sprinkle some crack in her apartment and call the cops with an anonymous tip.  I’d have spent the last few weeks breaking into her apartment and using her phone to make calls to known drug dealers.  I would have emptied my savings and left the cash in a bag that I hid in her closet before falling the cops.  I’d place scales and pistols with the serial number filed off in her kitchen.  

I would also clog her toilet with Thai food shits, because (a) fuck her, and (b) I want the investigating cops to find that she put it in the indictment so she’s forever branded in public record as a nasty ditch pig who takes man size shits and doesn’t clean up. 

And then, when she’s sentenced to 30 years, I’d send a package to her in prison with a Burger King receipt enclosed and “+ an extra $5 for me” handwritten as an additional line item.  You know what you did, bitch! 

Finally a serious and useful reply !

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, nineliveslost said:

I think it's the fact that I got ripped off, not the amount of $. I was almost going full 'falling down' mode. Everyone just fucks you over  

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

As recently as 40 years ago (not 40 years ago, because everybody and their children smoked).

As recently as 25 or 30 years ago, if you went to a hotel and you got to your room and the sheets reeked of cigarette smoke even though you asked for non-smoking, the solution was simple - you'd go down to the lobby, grab the clerk by the back of the shirt, and drag them to your room.  You didn't let them walk, they had to know what you thought of them, so you dragged them like a disobedient employee or a dog that pissed in the living room. You drag them into your hotel room, and you force their face down into the mattress and you hold them there for a few seconds, so that they'd start running out of air and start gasping, and you'd raise their head a few inches away from the bed so that as they were gasping for air, they'd breathe in the smells from the bedding. You do that multiple times.

Now what happened after that usually depended on if they had any security cameras around, or if they had your credit card information, basically some means of identifying you, so usually you moved on to another hotel down the road.  But you liked to think that they were more careful about the rooms and the bedding in the future, and that they'd be a little nervous and a little more proactive. You had no way of knowing of course, because you generally didn't go back since you didn't want to end up in a police lineup, but even though they may never breathe a word of it to management (and if you did it right, there were no physical signs of mistreatment), you thought they might be careful.

These days, if somebody gets something wrong, you give them a chance to fix it, and if they don't, you pull up Yelp or social media or whatever (and technically Yelp is social media) on your smartphone right in front of them, and internally they are thinking about pissing their pants, because they know if rating goes viral, or if it just has a few more of your friends/family piling on, that they'll be getting phone calls from their managers/the owners.

It's not as fun or as exhilarating as dragging somebody by the neck down to your hotel room at 1 in the morning and holding their face in the mattress, except sometimes it is if it does go a little viral. Most are smart enough to fix it on the spot.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Since when did Louisiana get so picky about who they throw into Angola?

Not from Louisiana, but I got to that "paradise" also 🙄

13 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

At least you had it your way.  You rule!

No , I had it their way

Here is my serious advice. Try to have grace for the person involved. I don't blame you for getting upset. You don't need that $5, but it's fucking irritating. Compounded enough in your life, where you pay $5 more than everyone else around you for every good and service you ever purchase for the rest of your life, and it would make a sizable impact on the quality of your life. Luckily, that's not what is happening. But it doesn't help to think of her as pocketing that money. I don't blame you for going there. I go there nearly every single time something bad happens to me. Something isn't where I left it, I immediately conjure scenarios where someone else moved it from where I left it and either took it for themselves or didn't put it back where it belongs. Turns out I didn't actually leave it there. Someone is late for an important appointment? They're assholes who I should never associate with ever again. Then it turns out something truly important came up and they weren't able to communicate with me in a timely manner.

I'm not saying Burger Kings shouldn't be burned to the ground. If there were never any consequences for our actions we'd never alter our behavior in important ways. But we both know you're not going to do anything about it. Get mad. I don't blame you. Then accept you were playing the roulette wheel of human incompetence, and somehow your number came up. Weeeee! You win! And there are going to be times you do it to someone else in some way. 

That woman is working a shitty job at a shitty Burger King with an underpaid shitty manager and assistant managers with unhealthy power trips in charge of her life in ways no one would wish on another person. She deals with anonymous asshole after anonymous asshole on an assembly line conveyer belt of mediocrity. There's no real human connection. Nothing to be proud of regarding what she accomplished that day. And she fucked up your order in a long line of orders and you're never getting that $5 back, nor the time and energy you've invested in it since then. 

But maybe all of us are doing the best we can to manage our lives in whatever inadequate way we can muster. If we could just manage to give more people even a smidgen of a benefit of the doubt, I think it would be helpful. I'm not saying every fuckery should be about turning the other cheek. But some fuckery should. Maybe this is one of them. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, nineliveslost said:

So, I went to the drive-through for a double whopper with cheese add bacon and a small fry. Lady said $13.81. I was thinking, fuck me inflation. I drive around, hand lady my card and said, "that's high for a double and small fry." She replied with some "life's expensive these days." Get my food and drive home. Eat my shitty burger and meh fries, then decide to check credit card online and it shows $15.81. Look online prices for BK and it should have cost like $10. Lady did not include receipt in bag. 

Called the BK support # and it sends you to an online autochat that doesn't help. Went to BK online and they send you to same autochat. Tried calling location multiple times with no answer.

Curious how far would Surly (not 1 percenters) take getting ripped off $5ish from shitty fast food?

Who uses a credit card to buy a hamburger?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, nineliveslost said:

Sue them.

7 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Here is my serious advice. Try to have grace for the person involved. I don't blame you for getting upset. You don't need that $5, but it's fucking irritating. Compounded enough in your life, where you pay $5 more than everyone else around you for every good and service you ever purchase for the rest of your life, and it would make a sizable impact on the quality of your life. Luckily, that's not what is happening. But it doesn't help to think of her as pocketing that money. I don't blame you for going there. I go there nearly every single time something bad happens to me. Something isn't where I left it, I immediately conjure scenarios where someone else moved it from where I left it and either took it for themselves or didn't put it back where it belongs. Turns out I didn't actually leave it there. Someone is late for an important appointment? They're assholes who I should never associate with ever again. Then it turns out something truly important came up and they weren't able to communicate with me in a timely manner.

I'm not saying Burger Kings shouldn't be burned to the ground. If there were never any consequences for our actions we'd never alter our behavior in important ways. But we both know you're not going to do anything about it. Get mad. I don't blame you. Then accept you were playing the roulette wheel of human incompetence, and somehow your number came up. Weeeee! You win! And there are going to be times you do it to someone else in some way. 

That woman is working a shitty job at a shitty Burger King with an underpaid shitty manager and assistant managers with unhealthy power trips in charge of her life in ways no one would wish on another person. She deals with anonymous asshole after anonymous asshole on an assembly line conveyer belt of mediocrity. There's no real human connection. Nothing to be proud of regarding what she accomplished that day. And she fucked up your order in a long line of orders and you're never getting that $5 back, nor the time and energy you've invested in it since then. 

But maybe all of us are doing the best we can to manage our lives in whatever inadequate way we can muster. If we could just manage to give more people even a smidgen of a benefit of the doubt, I think it would be helpful. I'm not saying every fuckery should be about turning the other cheek. But some fuckery should. Maybe this is one of them. 

Matt Hancock brands Jeremy Corbyn an anti-Semite — Digital Spy

Just being Surly. :)

I hear you and yes I tend to think the worst of people. She just helped make a bad day a smidgen worse, whether by incompetence, innocence or maliciousness. 

I'm over it and enjoyed the funny Surly takes on it. To me that's why I enjoy this site. 

On to drink # 1

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1