2024 Texas Baseball

Hookem2147

Yeah, little too much makeup and some unnecessary enhancements to the mug.  But she's only 19/20, I wouldn't call her "processed"  Body is tall and athletic and all natural.  She's from Orange County, the culture was bound to creep into her face at some point.  But overall she seems healthy and naturally beautiful.  I'm guessing our new beach volleyball coaching staff has met with her approval.  Hopefully her boyfriend follows her here.  

2 hours ago, txhorns said:

She’s got a decent face, is fit and has a great ass.  What’s not to like?  

2 hours ago, troph said:

Face looks like $60k in AI styled cosmetic surgery. 

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

I generally agree but the volleyball pictures where she isn't wearing the Nashville country artist makeup solve that problem in a hurry.

She has a face? 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

There were a lot of rumors on the LSU SEC rant recruiting thread that Burns and his inner circle doesn't want him pitching in the SEC. 

We will see if that's true. It's looking that way based on the initial TCU interest and now maybe Wake Forest? 

It’s wake 

Burns is really talented but he also seems like a major headache. 

The LSU and Tennessee boards both mentioned that his handlers were a major problem while he was at Tennessee. Now he doesn't want to pitch against the best in the SEC? On top of that, it sounds like had some grade/credit issues at multiple schools. 

For a guy that really didn't pitch well last season and wants top dollar, he seems like a major headache. He is talented though. 

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Burns is really talented but he also seems like a major headache. 

The LSU and Tennessee boards both mentioned that his handlers were a major problem while he was at Tennessee. Now he doesn't want to pitch against the best in the SEC? On top of that, it sounds like had some grade/credit issues at multiple schools. 

For a guy that really didn't pitch well last season and wants top dollar, he seems like a major headache. He is talented though. 

select ball disease 

• Hook 'Em 1

Also, be happy that A&M landed Pagliarini over us. He ended up signing. 

A&M did a good job with a couple signees but they lost a lot from the roster and really haven't landed anybody of great value from the portal after Pagliarini signed. They probably have some NIL to throw at these big transfers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

@RGBIII@closetojumping what's up with aggy's NIL in baseball? 

They got a couple big signees to make it to campus but they were unable to keep any borderline MLB draft risk from last year's roster and they haven't added a single top 50 transfer (per Sixty-Four Analytics). 

There is still a lot of time to add a big transfer but I thought they would be making a lot more big moves. 

6 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

@RGBIII@closetojumping what's up with aggy's NIL in baseball? 

They got a couple big signees to make it to campus but they were unable to keep any borderline MLB draft risk from last year's roster and they haven't added a single top 50 transfer (per Sixty-Four Analytics). 

There is still a lot of time to add a big transfer but I thought they would be making a lot more big moves. 

Info around aggie NIL is sketchy. Last I heard, aggie NIL was concentrated on football and football roster retention specifically. They’ve got a lot committed on that end and most of it has nothing to do with anything besides the 2022 class that they bought and the repercussions of getting that class. 

Beyond that, I’ve heard nothing about what ATM is doing with NIL in other sports. They have a history of chest beating while being purely mediocre, so my assumption is that there isn’t a lot of NIL support for anything but football, but a whole bunch of aggies will claim otherwise while whining about underperforming in those other sports. 

All it takes is one benefactor in the sports like baseball in order for a team to be a winner in NIL. It doesn’t appear that ATM baseball has that one guy right now, but that could always change. 

I guarantee you that if an ATM supporter asked Bjork about supporting NIL for another sport, he’d try to redirect to football. That’s ATM’s and many other school’s sole focus. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, petscii said:

That's criminal.

38 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

What the fuck are their agents doing? 

27 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Every one of them was a 4th year Senior or older.  Really puts them in a tough spot.

image.thumb.png.d4e963ebe92c0fc508c2585def6fb120.png

Yeah, they had no leverage. This was the Nats plan all along to make sure they sign their top three picks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Yeah, they had no leverage. This was the Nats plan all along to make sure they sign their top three picks.

Still sucks the Nats cheaped out on them, knowing they had no leverage.  But that's the risk when you go back to school

5 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

They have some leverage but not much.  Could refuse to sign and go play oversees where they won’t get paid anything.  I would have at least tried to play chicken with the team.  If the team doesn’t sign the player they lose the slot allotment.

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Still sucks the Nats cheaped out on them, knowing they had no leverage.  But that's the risk when you go back to school

It’s hilarious that people say I don’t know baseball yet comment shit like this. This has been the practice for YEARS. For every team. Draft college seniors with no leverage rounds 6-10 and sign them for peanuts and use savings elsewhere. The Yankees signed an 8th rounder for $5000 one year. It’s nothing new or unique.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, txhorns said:

If the team doesn’t sign the player they lose the slot allotment.

My gut tells me the teams are far more informed than the players are.  Maybe not their agents, but yeah, it's a classic no-leverage situation, even if the players expect to be paid more going in.

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

It’s hilarious that people say I don’t know baseball yet comment shit like this. This has been the practice for YEARS. For every team. Draft college seniors with no leverage rounds 6-10 and sign them for peanuts and use savings elsewhere. The Yankees signed an 8th rounder for $5000 one year. It’s nothing new or unique.

And?

It still sucks for those kids to get signed for peanuts. 

I don't think you get the point, but you are basically a fucking moron. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Not to mention 99% of those guys wouldn’t have been drafted anywhere close to top 10 rounds to begin with and had prearranged deals before they were even drafted. They didn’t get cheated out of anything, in majority of instances they are getting 10-15k more than what they should have if they were drafted on their actual talent/prospect grades. 

59 minutes ago, Js1 said:

And?

It still sucks for those kids to get signed for peanuts. 

I don't think you get the point, but you are basically a fucking moron. 

They had prearranged deals with the clubs, the other option is to not take the 20k go undrafted and maybe get a bus ticket to show up. 

1 hour ago, bEastTexas said:

They had prearranged deals with the clubs, the other option is to not take the 20k go undrafted and maybe get a bus ticket to show up. 

So if you don't sign a player in a "slot" what compensation do you get the next draft?

5 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I don't know if he would be a starter but really hope we're targeting Braden Davis. He's shoving in his summer league and I really have no clue why he didn't pitch more innings at Sam Houston State based on the numbers. 

This guy is a stud. 

He committed to OU