NBA 2023-24 Off Season

Fastbreak

4 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Jackson is such a beating. We will know Disney is completely out of its mind if Mark Jones isn't shown the door. 

And now that the dust has settled on the layoffs there can be little doubt that Desmond has pictures, and apparently lots of them. There is no other explanation how a clueless buffoon like him continues to be employed.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Besides the Grant terrible deal, the Kuzma one is the next most shocking. I thought the wiz were rebuilding / tanking? Are they trying for the 8th pick again?

Maybe they think Jordan Poole is a winning basketball player. 

And, I mean, I'm not sure who you think is going to be winning them games on this team. Tyus Jones might be their best player. This is a bottom 5 roster in the league easily. 

Screenshot_20230701_080910_Chrome.thumb.jpg.697a90cf1a7cf4571981dcea1906fde2.jpg

Wonder what kind of package they can get for Dame? 

Lillard, who turns 33 on July 15, had a career year last season, averaging 32.2 points and 7.3 assists but played just 58 games as he sat out the last month of the season. The highlight of Lillard's season came on February 26 against the Houston Rockets when he exploded for 71 points.

His 32.2 points per game would be the most by a player to change teams the following season, according to ESPN Stats & Information research.

Portland has the building blocks of a good young team heading into a rebuild and then they go and sign Grant to that contract.  Good Lord.

Draymond was kind the missing piece to dame staying. He was signed with GS at 5:00:01 last night, and Portland signed grant shortly after

Wtf were they thinking? Give it a day so at least you’re not stuck with grant at 35M a year and no direction.

No team is going to steal grant and thus your title hopes in the first 18 hrs of FA.

Hot take, but at this point I would MUCH rather have 23 yr old Tyler Herro for 4 years / $120M than 33 yr old Damian Lillard for 2 years / $93M. 

If I was Portland, I would insist on something like Tyler Herro + Nikola Jovic + 2 first rounders for Dame.  And if I was Miami, I would probably make that trade.  Dame gives them a real shot at a title for a couple of years.

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Wow.  Sign and trade maybe?

Keeping him from everything I read. 

Starters: SGA, Dort, Giddey, Jalen Williams, and Chet

Bench: Micic, Cason Wallace, Oladipo, Kenny Williams, Isaiah Joe, Wiggins, Dieng, Jaylin Williams and Poku

Thunder are going to sneaky good. 

10 minutes ago, ocugolf said:

Bench: Micic, Cason Wallace, Oladipo, Kenny Williams, Isaiah Joe, Wiggins, Dieng, Jaylin Williams and Poku

I don't think they're sneaking up on anyone. They almost made the playoffs and had a first team all-NBA, top 5 MVP on the team last season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, ocugolf said:

Chet has evidently put on weight.  I don't think he'll ever get to 230 or above but I could see him eventually at 220.