Tell me about ou

Texas007

A buddy of mine that I used to work with (ou fan) used to bitch about Coach Shmidty back in the day when he was on Stoop's staff. Used to say he was a terrible S&C guy and it was his fault they would have so many injuries and wished they would fire him. 

Saturday's game reminded me of his rants... Makes me think he was right about Coach Buzzcut.

• Hook 'Em 1

Edit: not sure why the full side by side pic is not embedding with the tweet. Click on the tweet to get the full effect of the old pic of crying OUsux kid next to crying OUsux frat bro. 
Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Serious question … how was OU preseason ranked #6?

Gabriel can’t be that much of a difference because they have holes everywhere.  Damn shame …

Because they’re Oklahoma. blOU had one guy (a punter) on Big 12 preseason all conference team. Them sucking is not really that unfathomable tbh.

Holy shit that’s a terrible team. We really didn’t play great and hardly had any ‘big’ plays (deep turnovers, blocked kicks, returns) yet absolutely curb stomped them. The biggest shocker was how little fight they had, that first td by bijan he just got a couple pillow slaps… any other yr they’re at least gettin a shot on him

Spencer Rattler and South Carolina just upset Kentucky and Mark Stoops in Lexington.

Shane Beamer just made a big deal in TV interview about Rattler losing his job at Texas/OU a year ago -- and getting big Win today.  😋

Edited by LTtxfan

21 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah this morning, Finebaum switched his whipping boy treatment from Aggy to Gooner.  Part of the reason is some current discussions that blOU should have gone after Tennessee's Coach Heupel instead of Venables.

There are still a lot of hard feeling between Heupel and OU.  In all fairness, the offense at OU was completely awful when he was OC.  Had literally no running game.  He's improved a lot, though, which is good.  People evolve and improve over time.

I just don't see him going to OU.  Ever.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if they keep getting blown out.  The fan base and boosters knew this would be a transitional year but if it's like this every single week, they might make a change this year and at worst case, they'll put Venables on a very short leash in year 2.

5 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

There are still a lot of hard feeling between Heupel and OU.  In all fairness, the offense at OU was completely awful when he was OC.  Had literally no running game.  He's improved a lot, though, which is good.  People evolve and improve over time.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if they keep getting blown out.  The fan base and boosters knew this would be a transitional year but if it's like this every single week, they might make a change this year and at worst case, they'll put Venables on a very short leash in year 2.

Heupel got put in a pretty untenable position by Stoops, in my opinion.  After the Manziel Cotton Bowl, Stoops wanted to incorporate more QB run game, but he refused to put a starting QB in harm's way, so the scheme called for a ton of fake zone reads that were just slow handoffs.  It took no time at all for defenses to figure that out, which crushed the run game.  AND because of the scheme shift, the QBs on the roster were less able to be pocket passers, so they were limited in that sense as well.

Then he got blamed for the whole thing. 

To his credit, he's never made any of that public, so I could be way off base.  I do know for a fact that Bob was hyper protective of starting QBs.

58 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Well, we learned last year that a blue blood coach losing to Kansas in year 1 is no longer a fireable offense. 

• Haha 1

OU facts:
today was their first shut out loss since 1998. Today was their largest shut out loss since 1945. Today was the largest losing margin against Texas ever. Today was the most points allowed against Texas ever. 
couldn’t happen to a shittier fan base. Fuck OU.

Most points allowed against Texas in a loss ever.

But I digress.
  • Hook 'Em 1