2023 Fall Camp Thread of Dominance

USMCHorn

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

Was that in doubt? My understanding was he practiced in the spring to learn the system and was shut down out of caution.

It will be more notable if he holds up into conference play.

I don't think it was in doubt but I think due to his past injuries that many believed he'd be limited or in a green jersey. 

Catalon had complications from a shoulder surgery he had at Arkansas and was non contact during spring practice.  He is a full go for fall camp.
Practice is at 2:45 today, for all those looking to modulate any cravings for updates.
2:45pm..in the bubble? If not, baptism by fire indeed.

49 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I expect Jalen Catalon to lay wood to Jordan Whittington in a scrimmage two weeks from now, at which point both players will shatter into millions of little pieces of glass. 

Now that this has been spoken it can not be undone.  Much like when my wife mentions pizza as an option for dinner. I will be extremely disappointed if this doesn’t happen.  If there are truly football gods I will be enjoying a slice of pizza while watching said collision live.  

20 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

First scrimmage. Sark dials up a swing pass. Catalon sees it coming. JWhitt executes a great block, as expected, but Catalon’s pure violence blows him up. Every tendon in JWhitt’s body snaps. Catalon can feel his shoulder tearing but knows to finish the play. Boom, big hit on Brooks. Catalon’s other shoulder tears and Brooks spontaneously develops seven hernias in his thigh. Worthy and Neyor are closest to the action as the two play side receivers. They come over to help. Neyor trips, tearing his ACL. X extends his hand to help Brooks up. It breaks on contact. Amidst the carnage, a loud shrieking erupts. Players and coaches turn towards the noise. Is that a monkey running towards the field? 

And...? Go on.

31 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

First scrimmage. Sark dials up a swing pass. Catalon sees it coming. JWhitt executes a great block, as expected, but Catalon’s pure violence blows him up. Every tendon in JWhitt’s body snaps. Catalon can feel his shoulder tearing but knows to finish the play. Boom, big hit on Brooks. Catalon’s other shoulder tears and Brooks spontaneously develops seven hernias in his thigh. Worthy and Neyor are closest to the action as the two play side receivers. They come over to help. Neyor trips, tearing his ACL. X extends his hand to help Brooks up. It breaks on contact. Amidst the carnage, a loud shrieking erupts. Players and coaches turn towards the noise. Is that a monkey running towards the field? 

Thigh hernia sounds serious

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Yes, it is in fact a monkey, but what does it have in its hands?  Suddenly, Brent Venables springs out of a trash can exclaiming “come back with my bag of dicks”.  A shadow creeps across the field as Bert Auburn shanks a 42 yard field goal attempt straight into the welcoming nuts of the blow-u coach. As the entire team turns their attention to the massive object on the horizon that is blocking the sun, Kelvin Banks whispers do I smell ham?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

The practice is in the stadium. At least, the media part is.

Biggest news coming out of today, barring something injury related, will be whether or not Red is even at practice. 

Uhhh... I hate to break it to you, but Red will definitely not be there.

https://www.missionparks.com/obituaries/B-J-Mccombs/#!/TributeWall

But that would definitely be big news if he showed up weekend at Bernies style and started handing out F150's to the players.

Edited by Mitch Cumsteen
  • Haha 9

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I expect Jalen Catalon to lay wood to Jordan Whittington in a scrimmage two weeks from now, at which point both players will shatter into millions of little pieces of glass. 

Need your rewrite w/Catalon at punt return...

Burton:  "Jalen Catalon looks healthy, moves quickly and could get a look at punt return."

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

Early notes from Bobby Burton (InsideTexas)

Hide contents

- I did not see a single green jersey on the entire field. That's right. This team is HEALTHY.

Only player sitting out at all was Brooks Kieschnick's son, the walk-on offensive lineman.

- Savion Red was at practice. He worked as fifth or sixth team RB and was an upback on the lead punt team.

- Xavier Worthy, DeAndre Moore were primary punt returners. Tre Wisner also got a look.

- While Cole Hutson and Hayden Conner were running first team in pre-practice work, it was DJ Campbell who worked the most on tandem blocks with Christian Jones (Justin Wells mentioned this second part to me.)

- Andre Cojoe was at second team left tackle, ahead of Payton Kirkland.

- Jonathan Brooks looks terrific. He's the clear No. 1 RB. He's the most physically prepared and runs the plays most crisply.

- Isaiah Neyor is back. He has a huge brace on one leg. He did not appear to be favoring it.

- No drops from any of Jordan Whittington, Xavier Worthy or AD Mitchell that I saw. Casey Cain continues to transform his body - he looks slightly better again this year.

- Jalen Catalon looks healthy, moves quickly and could get a look at punt return.

- The defensive line was interesting. Ethan Burke has added *some* weight but still looks relatively light.for his position. Byron Murphy is impressive, and perhaps has even taken it up a notch.

- To no one's surprise, Jaylan Ford is the leader at linebacker.

Maybe Red wasn't mentioned with the other backs in the tweet because they're all ahead of him right now?? Yeah, think about that. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

Hide contents

- I did not see a single green jersey on the entire field. That's right. This team is HEALTHY.

Only player sitting out at all was Brooks Kieschnick's son, the walk-on offensive lineman.

- Savion Red was at practice. He worked as fifth or sixth team RB and was an upback on the lead punt team.

- Xavier Worthy, DeAndre Moore were primary punt returners. Tre Wisner also got a look.

- While Cole Hutson and Hayden Conner were running first team in pre-practice work, it was DJ Campbell who worked the most on tandem blocks with Christian Jones (Justin Wells mentioned this second part to me.)

- Jonathan Brooks looks terrific. He's the clear No. 1 RB. He's the most physically prepared and runs the plays most crisply.

- Isaiah Neyor is back. He has a huge brace on one leg. He did not appear to be favoring it.

- No drops from any of Jordan Whittington, Xavier Worthy or AD Mitchell that I saw. Casey Cain continues to transform his body - he looks slightly better again this year.

- Jalen Catalon looks healthy, moves quickly and could get a look at punt return.

- The defensive line was interesting. Ethan Burke has added *some* weight but still looks relatively light.for his position. Byron Murphy is impressive, and perhaps has even taken it up a notch.

Are they wearing pads, or is it just shorts and helmets today? If no pads, why would anyone have on a green jersey?

9 minutes ago, BERT said:

Maybe Red wasn't mentioned with the other backs in the tweet because they're all ahead of him right now?? Yeah, think about that. 

what i think is that we just lost two early round picks at rb to the draft and we're still deep as fuck

it's actually kinda scary

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

24 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

Reveal hidden contents

image.gif.db16ca4e48204a3e7187aa2430c4fe77.gif

2 hours ago, USMCHorn said:

Hide contents

I wasn’t within 5 miles of the practice, but I call bullshit on this. 

Ignore Bobby corrected

Edited by Codaxx