2023 Fall Camp Thread of Dominance

USMCHorn

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Here yah go...     EMBRACE THE HATE

McGuire, without naming the schools, referred to OU and UT as "these so-called bluebloods — and I really question that. One of them's really good in Olympic sports."

McGuire credited Yormark with thinking outside the box and stabilizing the Big 12.

"I know he has a plan to close the gap," McGuire said, "but part of my job is to close it even faster. He said it: Part of my job is to make that team in burnt orange — if that's really a color — if that team leaves, then make sure that they're going to a conference that they can no longer compete in this conference with teams that are in this conference."

"There is an opportunity to put the Red Raiders at the forefront of this conference," McGuire said, "and I don't want to wait 'til 2024 when it's a new conference. It's more important to do it in 2023 when those old two are still here so they can understand exactly who runs the Big 12."

https://www.lubbockonline.com/story/sports/college/red-raiders/2023/08/23/big-12-brett-yormark-tells-texas-tech-football-coach-joey-mcguire-to-take-care-of-business-vs-texas/70615382007/

McGuire is going to fade just like Chad Morris...    A lot of Bravado and some early success and then poof....

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Here yah go...     EMBRACE THE HATE

McGuire, without naming the schools, referred to OU and UT as "these so-called bluebloods — and I really question that. One of them's really good in Olympic sports."

McGuire credited Yormark with thinking outside the box and stabilizing the Big 12.

"I know he has a plan to close the gap," McGuire said, "but part of my job is to close it even faster. He said it: Part of my job is to make that team in burnt orange — if that's really a color — if that team leaves, then make sure that they're going to a conference that they can no longer compete in this conference with teams that are in this conference."

"There is an opportunity to put the Red Raiders at the forefront of this conference," McGuire said, "and I don't want to wait 'til 2024 when it's a new conference. It's more important to do it in 2023 when those old two are still here so they can understand exactly who runs the Big 12."

https://www.lubbockonline.com/story/sports/college/red-raiders/2023/08/23/big-12-brett-yormark-tells-texas-tech-football-coach-joey-mcguire-to-take-care-of-business-vs-texas/70615382007/

Cocky bastard ain't he

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

An unprofessional, bush league conference is behaving unprofessionally? Who would have thought!?

And yet they keep scratching their heads wondering why they've been relegated.

At this point, i'm done paying any mind to it. Let's just win this po-dunk operation and gtfo. 

While we're at it, let's take the Mens BBall, Vball, T&F, Swimming and Diving and baseball titles as we leave.  Probably too much to ask for softball against the Sooners.  Just leave the cupboard bare.

Damn, aggy infected the rest of the big 12 with the little brother syndrome and then bailed. Thankfully, the SEC has programs that see aggy for who they are and laughs.
They've successfully convinced some of the more smooth brained SEC fans that we are as aggy sees us it seems.

At least from things on SECrant

I have never rooted for OU in anything but I will make an exception this season against all Big12 opponents in every sport, game or competition.  I hope all conference championships are played by Texas and OU this year in every fucking sport. I don't care if its fucking checkers.

• Hook 'Em 4

34 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Few team notes from IT

Reveal hidden contents

With just 9 days until Texas takes on the Rice Owls in the season opener we’ll get the latest on position battles, quarterback Quinn Ewers, and the team’s practice schedule.

Return to in-season schedule

In anticipation of game week next week, the program has returned to its normal in-season practice schedule.

Monday is for corrections from the previous week where teaching is a primary focus. The offense will work on looks it wants to improve with the defense trying to foil them, then they’ll change roles. 

That’s followed by ‘Bloody Tuesday’. It lives up to its name with physicality on the agenda. The players will be in full pads going pretty much full speed.

Wednesday is a more muted version of that, though it’s still pretty physical.

Thursday is back to being more tame in anticipation of having the players better rested for the upcoming game. 

Position Battles

Just when I thought battles were pretty much decided, it sounds like Gavin Holmes is making a spirited push to start opposite Ryan Watts. Holmes has tightened up the race with Terrance Brooks, the expected starter at field cornerback. Holmes is known to be very sticky in coverage, even against UT’s quality receiving corp. To our knowledge, Brooks has done nothing wrong. It’ll be interesting to see whose name is atop the chart, but both will play quite a bit either way. Holmes is peaking.

I’m expecting Malik Muhammad to backup Watts, at least to start the season. He’s physical enough for the position but more smooth in coverage than Watts. It’ll be interesting to see how much the coaches rotate. Muhammad has shown he’s ready to play.

Per our sources it appears set for David Gbenda and Ethan Burke to start at Will/Dime linebacker and Buck outside linebacker respectively. Gbenda is “mostly” assignment sound and Burke has done better against the run of late. 

At right guard, we expect DJ Campbell to start, though Cole Hutson will also play.

Quinn Ewers

“Quinn has looked really sharp this week, he’s been connecting deep.” The second-year Texas starter is in the middle of what is probably his best week of practice yet. That stands to reason as he continually improves, but still great to hear. He’s in much better rhythm with his receivers than last year.

Sources believe he’s poised for a big year.

Per our sources it appears set for David Gbenda and Ethan Burke to start at Will/Dime linebacker and Buck outside linebacker respectively. Gbenda is “mostly” assignment sound and Burke has done better against the run of late. 

Not exactly ringing endorsements. 

1 minute ago, BB65 said:

I have never rooted for OU in anything but I will make an exception this season against all Big12 opponents in every sport, game or competition.  I hope all conference championships are played by Texas and OU this year in every fucking sport. I don't care if its fucking checkers.

The enemy of our enemies is our friend.....   Or it's something like that?   

7 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Per our sources it appears set for David Gbenda and Ethan Burke to start at Will/Dime linebacker and Buck outside linebacker respectively. Gbenda is “mostly” assignment sound and Burke has done better against the run of late. 

Not exactly ringing endorsements. 

Gbenda’s been bad his entire time here, and I’m not expecting a Gaskamp from him this year. Seems like the staff is hoping and praying he can rise to serviceable while they get Hill up to speed. We also have a ton of good DBs while being very thin at LB, so I could see us using more dime and playing Guilbeau in place of a second linebacker against spread teams. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

The enemy of our enemies is our friend.....   Or it's something like that?   

Yeah I had to go shower after that post....I just felt dirty but again fuck the Big12, Yormack and McGuire

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Quinn Ewers

“Quinn has looked really sharp this week, he’s been connecting deep.” The second-year Texas starter is in the middle of what is probably his best week of practice yet. That stands to reason as he continually improves, but still great to hear. He’s in much better rhythm with his receivers than last year.

Sources believe he’s poised for a big year.

Hitting the deep ball is the key for Quinn and Sark to succeed. Ewers best three games last year (Bama, OU, UW) were when was hitting deep balls and drawing PIs on deep passes. His stat line against UW would’ve been elite if not for Worthy having an all time terrible game. Worthy was probably our best deep threat last year, and he might be only our fourth best deep threat this year. Having Mitchell, Neyor, and Cook should really help increase our success in deep balls, and hopefully our interior OL can hold up better in pass pro to let more of those connect. 

If our offense can hit the deep ball, then it will be a top 10 O in the country pretty easily. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

Gbenda’s been bad his entire time here, and I’m not expecting a Gaskamp from him this year. Seems like the staff is hoping and praying he can rise to serviceable while they get Hill up to speed. We also have a ton of good DBs while being very thin at LB, so I could see us using more dime and playing Guilbeau in place of a second linebacker against spread teams. 

I am in the same boat. I just have a hard time believing that the staff is depending on GBenda to be a fixture in the line up. I was thinking the 3 of them are played situationally.  Hill gettigng time early and that will only increase over time. 

The reported CB depth gives PK a lot of options. You could change rotations based on opponent (More Watts/Brooks vs Run teams. More Holmes vs Passing teams). I think the Dime could be interesting, even if we havent seen it much from PK (perhaps due to DB talent the 1st 2 years). If the reports are correct, Watts maybe the weakest cover CB (not saying he is bad). He is an absolute monster vs the run as a CB. Leaves 2 of Brooks/Holmes/Muhammed outside and Barron/Watts on the slots (vs 4 wide).

22 minutes ago, BB65 said:

Frick All That Steve Buscemi GIF - Frick All That Steve Buscemi Fuck All  That - Discover & Share GIFs

and fuck OU. 

• Hook 'Em 7

LMFAO, this McGuire clown would drop Tech for Texas, OU or Aggie head coaching job faster than Taco Bell induced shit. ........So, Texas is pretty good at Olympic sports, what exactly is Tech good at?
Or maybe he's at least self aware enough to know Tceh is his ceiling as a HC?

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Recently? They've been pretty good at baseball and basketball. 

That's my point, their "pretty good" won't even sniff Texas's jock strap. Plus..........fuck Tech. I grew up near that part of Texas, their fans have always been arrogant, obnoxious assholes. Their sporting events aren't even remotely family friendly due to language. I was embarrassed to witness that shit.

26 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

LMFAO, this McGuire clown would drop Tech for Texas, OU or Aggie head coaching job faster than Taco Bell induced shit. ........So, Texas is pretty good at Olympic sports, what exactly is Tech good at?

Tech is 3-13 against us since we started our bad period. 3 point win, 4 point win, 3 point win. Even in our worst period, we still own them to the tune of 80% winning percentage against them 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, BB65 said:

Well, I hope ou burns to the ground, so this does not hit home for me.

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, BB65 said:

B20CACA6-F0E1-4A08-B07C-FD0F7DC8E26F.gif

Let’s just win all our games and let everyone else get fucked. 

Edited by Gucci_Suit
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

So nothing is changing.

I just assume they show the officials the Ok State 2015 and 2022 games and tell them “land somewhere between this. Not 0 calls against Texas’ opponents but definitely an egregiously bad call we won’t bother defending”

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Todd Gack said:

I hope OU gets embarrassed in every sport, including checkers.

After we move to the SEC, I hope OU gets embarrassed in every sport, including checkers.

I hope that anytime OU athletics gets brought up in conversation in that wasteland of a state, all okies hang their head in shame.

Fuck OU.

If they are irrelevant for long enough they'll stop caring as much, and it will be harder to harvest their delicious tears. No, they need to wander in the wasteland, coach to coach, showing up every now and then, only to fade and die, sad and lonely at some shit bowl after we've crushed their conference dreams. I want revenge.

Edited by mwaadeeb
sp
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Surly, where “the floor is 9 wins, we’re going to win the conference” and “the conference is blatantly out to get us” peacefully coexist

It’s almost as though there are hundreds of people who post here and thus there are many different viewpoints….

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2