Cedar Park Fire

leaf

Can confirm it did jump 1431 and start a small grass fire, but was put out quickly.  Have good friends that live on that side of 1431.  

On another note, just as bad as drone operators are idiots like this that put themselves in danger, thus risking first responder's lives when they have to try to save them, all for a fucking instagram pic.  Just stay clear, let the people work and don't make their jobs harder or more dangerous than they already are  

image.png.b91e1818da7b87dc2a7032a0126bdafa.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 4

Shit that doesn't even move the needle. Ever had someone chase you down and get out of their car screaming and yelling about how you air-horned them at the red light three miles back; all as you're trying to get your shit together because the house you're parked in front of has fire blowing out of every window and the last update from dispatch was that the neighbor is certain there's someone still inside the house. People are the goddamned worst part of my day.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 6

1 hour ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Shit that doesn't even move the needle. Ever had someone chase you down and get out of their car screaming and yelling about how you air-horned them at the red light three miles back; all as you're trying to get your shit together because the house you're parked in front of has fire blowing out of every window and the last update from dispatch was that the neighbor is certain there's someone still inside the house. People are the goddamned worst part of my day.

you're ems right?  or f.d.?

either way, thanks for saving us even though we generally suck.  i appreciate you take it out on the denizens of this website by being an asshole to everyone here instead of real life.

you're ems right?  or f.d.?
either way, thanks for saving us even though we generally suck.  i appreciate you take it out on the denizens of this website by being an asshole to everyone here instead of real life.

I'm both.

I'm an asshole in real life too, but in real life just like on here it's only to people that deserve it.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

I root for that loud ass horn. I usually (not always) see the emergency vehicle well ahead of others and so then watch for the hilarity like it's a retro hidden camera TV show.

Sorry, I know it's not funny for the responders but it's the little things.

Like watching the unaware dumbass just cruising along as the fire truck approaches ... and makes him shit his pants a second later.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

We had three structures and some woods on fire Sunday down a shitty private road. People were trying to get down this road to see what it was and were impeding Apparatus. I happened to be wheeling our Engine and these idiots were not happy with my copious use of the air horns. I told two different drivers to eff off. Made me feel better. It was a long hot afternoon.

Vancouver drivers when the snow hits | Fire trucks, Kramer ...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 6

We had three structures and some woods on fire Sunday down a shitty private road. People were trying to get down this road to see what it was and were impeding Apparatus. I happened to be wheeling our Engine and these idiots were not happy with my copious use of the air horns. I told two different drivers to eff off. Made me feel better. It was a long hot afternoon.

There was talk a few years ago of the city putting 2-way dashcams in all of our apparatus and it allegedly had a microphone. Someone found a tactful way to explain to the city manager the last thing on this earth that anyone in the city wanted was to hear what gets said in the cab of the fire truck and have that be open to FOIA. We now have one way dashcams with no audio capabilities
  • Hook 'Em 5

Your first responder vehicles oughta have cameras to record the license plates of those dumbfucks that carelessly obstruct your right of way when on a call. Let your chief review the video and determine if a substantial traffic fine should be levied on them.

• Hook 'Em 5

6 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

That’s one of those times I bet you wish you had the rattlesnake den under that shed to point them toward. 

8 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Your first responder vehicles oughta have cameras to record the license plates of those dumbfucks that carelessly obstruct your right of way when on a call. Let your chief review the video and determine if a substantial traffic fine should be levied on them.

I'm with ya but doing that would cause an overloading of what little public transportation is here or in any other city in America. You'd be amazed at what the dumbfuck drivers of this country do when they hear and see lights and sirens. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Can confirm it did jump 1431 and start a small grass fire, but was put out quickly.  Have good friends that live on that side of 1431.  

On another note, just as bad as drone operators are idiots like this that put themselves in danger, thus risking first responder's lives when they have to try to save them, all for a fucking instagram pic.  Just stay clear, let the people work and don't make their jobs harder or more dangerous than they already are  

image.png.b91e1818da7b87dc2a7032a0126bdafa.png

I wonder what he named that bike