SEC mega screenshots

Longhornfrenzy

I'm seeing a lot of the typical rationalizations from room temperature IQ sec fans (redundant) that Alabama is just dogshit and will lose a bunch of games. Who do they think will beat them? The teams on their schedule are fucking terrible and they're probably still the 2nd best team in the secsecsec at worst even if they've fallen off.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/8/2023 at 12:24 PM, TriStone said:

Seems like not all of you have realized how top-to-bottom lightspeed stupid these fanbases are.  The entire conference is just like aggies.  They make shit up, repeat it amongst one another, and poof, it becomes truth.

This is why I didn’t want to join the conference. Complete shit for brains college after college. 

• Hook 'Em 8

12 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

That’s Barstool for you. Hot take artists and boobs (Kayce Smith).

They’re either going to call their shot or face plant into pavement. 

It’s hysterical to watch her Aggie fan girl come out. She gets called out all the time. She tried to say that A&M had more money than Texas and Dave told her she was wrong. She’s a fool. Although, she did say in the preseason that she thought Texas would win the Big 12 but had us losing to Alabama

2 hours ago, Harvdog said:

It’s hysterical to watch her Aggie fan girl come out. She gets called out all the time. She tried to say that A&M had more money than Texas and Dave told her she was wrong. She’s a fool. Although, she did say in the preseason that she thought Texas would win the Big 12 but had us losing to Alabama

Where’s that video of her comparing ou-osu to Tex-a&m?

4 hours ago, Harvdog said:

So did 75% of this board

6 hours ago, Harvdog said:

I saw Portnoy walk by at the game with his little entourage of sycophants. He was wearing a Horns Down cap. Fuck that douchebag.

• Hook 'Em 4

59 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

I saw Portnoy walk by at the game with his little entourage of sycophants. He was wearing a Horns Down cap. Fuck that douchebag.

He actually picked Texas to start.  After being in Tuscaloosa for 2 days, the locals got him to switch. Pretty funny. He will make his way to Austin and try to make up. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Napoleon said:

This is why I didn’t want to join the conference. Complete shit for brains college after college. 

The SEC is a better academic conference on every level than the Big XII. For example, using the (admittedly deeply flawed) USNWR rankings, Texas goes from being the #1 college by almost 40 places over Baylor (yikes) to being the third highest ranked behind Vandy and Florida. The SEC t-shirt fans are admittedly frighteningly dumb.

14 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The SEC is a better academic conference on every level than the Big XII. For example, using the (admittedly deeply flawed) USNWR rankings, Texas goes from being the #1 college by almost 40 places over Baylor (yikes) to being the third highest ranked behind Vandy and Florida. The SEC t-shirt fans are admittedly frighteningly dumb.

Well I have been informed today by my Aggie friend that they are #38 in WSJ and we are like 118...

Edited by TexasRenegade
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Easier to get into A&M than Texas. 

That apparently isn't part of the metric.   Our ratings are largely identical except for salary impact vs other colleges where they kill us by like 26 points and diversity where we beat them by 13.

The University of Texas at Austin

Austin, TX

Scores and Ranks

Rank/Score

Overall Rank

Overall Score

Student Outcomes

Score/Timeframe

Salary Impact vs. Similar Colleges

Graduation Rate vs. Similar Colleges

Years to Pay Off Net Price

1 year, 6 months

Survey Results

Score

Learning Opportunities

Preparation for Career

Learning Facilities

Recommendation Score

Diversity

Score

Diversity

Cost and Returns

Amount

Average Net Price

$17,519

Value Added to Graduate Salary

$46,713

Texas A & M University - College Station

College Station, TX

Scores and Ranks

Rank/Score

Overall Rank

Overall Score

Student Outcomes

Score/Timeframe

1 year, 10 months

Survey Results

Score

Learning Opportunities

Preparation for Career

Learning Facilities

Recommendation Score

Diversity

Score

Diversity

Cost and Returns

Amount

Average Net Price

$20,976

$44,877

• Haha 1

That apparently isn't part of the metric.   Our ratings are largely identical except for salary impact vs other colleges where they kill us by like 26 points and diversity where we beat them by 13.

The University of Texas at Austin

Austin, TX

Scores and Ranks

Rank/Score

Overall Rank

Overall Score

Student Outcomes

Score/Timeframe

1 year, 6 months

Survey Results

Score

Learning Opportunities

Preparation for Career

Learning Facilities

Recommendation Score

Diversity

Score

Diversity

Cost and Returns

Amount

Average Net Price

$17,519

$46,713

Texas A & M University - College Station

College Station, TX

Scores and Ranks

Rank/Score

Overall Rank

Overall Score

Student Outcomes

Score/Timeframe

1 year, 10 months

Survey Results

Score

Learning Opportunities

Preparation for Career

Learning Facilities

Recommendation Score

Diversity

Score

Diversity

Cost and Returns

Amount

Average Net Price

$20,976

$44,877

giphy.gif
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

I am on the road and figured I’d listen to that Finebaun dude (that looks like a pecker) and man that show was rough.

Is there another similar SEC show or is that what we’re stuck with? I think most of the guests were clinically retarded - not a single coherent thought.

Who do the fans at Florida and Vanderbilt listen to?

He’s perfect for the Ags though. Fucking perfect.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, TexasRenegade said:

Well I have been informed today by my Aggie friend that they are #38 in WSJ and we are like 118...

I read this earlier this week/within the last 7 days.

Then this has a&m as the #6 public university in the country. (Texas isn’t listed among the Top 10 that they cover.

IMG_7608.thumb.jpeg.c5b6966848aaeb924185ff3a391d83ad.jpeg

IMG_7609.thumb.jpeg.18f3e901c1259fe5eee8644a03b2d178.jpeg

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/09/13/best-public-colleges-and-universities-in-the-us.html

Definitely an anti-woke slant to ignore UC schools and Texas, but perhaps my earnings since graduation are helping to lower UT’s ranking. 🤷‍♂️ Sorry.

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, Handcruser said:

I am on the road and figured I’d listen to that Finebaun dude (that looks like a pecker) and man that show was rough.

Is there another similar SEC show or is that what we’re stuck with? I think most of the guests were clinically retarded - not a single coherent thought.

Who do the fans at Florida and Vanderbilt listen to?

He’s perfect for the Ags though. Fucking perfect.

"Let the Bama fans talk" is literally the Finebaum brand. 

9 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I read this earlier this week/within the last 7 days.

Then this has a&m as the #6 public university in the country. (Texas isn’t listed among the Top 10 that they cover.

IMG_7608.thumb.jpeg.c5b6966848aaeb924185ff3a391d83ad.jpeg

IMG_7609.thumb.jpeg.18f3e901c1259fe5eee8644a03b2d178.jpeg

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/09/13/best-public-colleges-and-universities-in-the-us.html

Definitely an anti-woke slant to ignore UC schools and Texas, but perhaps my earnings since graduation are helping to lower UT’s ranking. 🤷‍♂️ Sorry.

Yeah, that's the same ranking metric from the WSJ @TexasRenegade references above. 70% of the final ranking is based on "student outcomes," which is really just income potential above the average of someone with only a high-school education, net price of attendance, and how long the WSJ calculates it takes to pay off the net price. The latter is not even based on real data (how long it actually takes graduates to do so) and income reporting, especially for undergraduate degrees, is highly skewed and biased at any given school. This ranking is inherently going to hurt any school with a larger number of liberal arts degrees.

Here's a broad description of the overall calculation:

"College scores in our ranking are based on three factors: student outcomes, accounting for 70% of the rankings; the learning environment at 20%; and diversity, at 10%."

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Yeah, that's the same ranking metric from the WSJ @TexasRenegade references above. 70% of the final ranking is based on "student outcomes," which is really just income potential above the average of someone with only a high-school education, net price of attendance, and how long the WSJ calculates it takes to pay off the net price. The latter is not even based on real data (how long it actually takes graduates to do so) and income reporting, especially for undergraduate degrees, is highly skewed and biased at any given school. This ranking is inherently going to hurt any school with a larger number of liberal arts degrees.

"College scores in our ranking are based on three factors: student outcomes, accounting for 70% of the rankings; the learning environment at 20%; and diversity, at 10%."

Also, Florida is the number one overall public (and FIU, number four) because so many of their in-state kids go to school for basically free due to the Florida Bright Futures Scholarship program. This presents a huge impact to the "net price" portion of the calculation.

Edited by MuellerHorn

12 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Yeah, that's the same ranking metric from the WSJ @TexasRenegade references above. 70% of the final ranking is based on "student outcomes," which is really just income potential above the average of someone with only a high-school education, net price of attendance, and how long the WSJ calculates it takes to pay off the net price. The latter is not even based on real data (how long it actually takes graduates to do so) and income reporting, especially for undergraduate degrees, is highly skewed and biased at any given school.

I'll must admit that when I think of sheepskins, it's all about aggy. 

40 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Bama fans are going to struggle with their new situation.  

If they win the rematch, how would I know that isn’t the fluke?  Let’s just cancel our respective schedules and play 9 more times and then round it out with us beating tech and them beating auburn. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2