Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

21 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Leftovers hodgepodge for dinner:

2e4542ce81ba60db3665d5e78f6f5285.jpg

Last link of boudin, leftover slice of Campisi’s with anchovies brought back from a weekend trip, and a Slovacek’s sausage wrap.

Do you have a boudin brand you like better than others? Or is that leftover from a trip to Lousiana?

Do you have a boudin brand you like better than others? Or is that leftover from a trip to Lousiana?

I love several boudin varieties…sadly, this was not one of them. I saw Frenchy’s boudin at the store and bought some to try. Meh.

I love Best Stop, Billy’s, Rabideaux, and I really miss Nick’s in Port Arthur. Good boudin is actually still hard to get in Texas.

Am I weirdo that I like my boudin grilled crispy? Slice it up into small medallions and throw that on the camp grate. Try not to burn the hair off your arms pulling it off and you get nice little crispy steamy bites of heaven.

Edit: it’s gotta be the good stuff in gut casing, not the synthetic

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, deft said:

Am I weirdo that I like my boudin grilled crispy? Slice it up into small medallions and throw that on the camp grate. Try not to burn the hair off your arms pulling it off and you get nice little crispy steamy bites of heaven.

Edit: it’s gotta be the good stuff in gut casing, not the synthetic

You are not alone.  Crispy boudin is the way (unless you are eating it at room temp with saltines and Louisiana Hot Sauce) -- there's no rules!

• Like 1

"Stuffed" Cajun Meat Market in NW Austin makes the best local boudin I've come across in the Austin area.
They do a good job on other cajun food, too  We've bought a couple of turduckens from them in the past and really enjoyed them.
https://stuffedcajun.com/index.htm  

I tried some a while back and it was good enough. I picked some up the other day to put in the freezer, will bust it out soon.

On 11/21/2023 at 5:39 PM, Brisketexan said:

I love several boudin varieties…sadly, this was not one of them. I saw Frenchy’s boudin at the store and bought some to try. Meh.

I love Best Stop, Billy’s, Rabideaux, and I really miss Nick’s in Port Arthur. Good boudin is actually still hard to get in Texas.

Adding In-Laws at I-10 Exit 43 near Iowa, LA for consideration…boudin and fried ribs are great

Don't forget the TROPICAL 7up

I bought those tropical 7ups for my granddaughters as they like punch type drinks. They prefer Tahitian treat to this but it’s hard to find. They didn’t much like it but I liked it a lot.

Not shown: I also ate it with a ginormous spoon to go with the huge bowl. That annoys wife even more but the girls find it funny as hell. I don’t know why she got the red ass over a big spoon; she taught all three how to belch on command. They can harmonize!
  • Like 1