Arch Manning Being "Arch"

LTtxfan

His wheels and the zip behind the ball is already way better than Ewers. Look at how much his team mates hyped him up around him. We want QBs who other great recruits gravitate to and that's what I saw. I saw enough flashes to know he's going to be a good QB.

• Like 2

His wheels and the zip behind the ball is already way better than Ewers. Look at how much his team mates hyped him up around him. We want QBs who other great recruits gravitate to and that's what I saw. I saw enough flashes to know he's going to be a good QB.

Thanks Dad.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jacob McCandles said:

Check out NMState @ Texas on 08.31.2003

I don't need to.  Watched it live.  Tonight was at a minimum equally, if not more impressive to me.

VY was a physical freak of nature  there, to be sure.  Tonight was different.  This was a different beast tonight.  Completely different.

And I'm a guy here who didn't jump on the Arch lovefest b/c I thought it smelt of a bit of hype.  Not there anymore.

Edited by Cajun
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
20 minutes ago, Jacob McCandles said:
Check out NMState @ Texas on 08.31.2003

I have mutual friends with Chance mock. I was at that game and he looked ok that day but I knew we were in trouble if he was our program's long term qb1.

I don't think he was talking about Chance.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

His talent level is already on par with Ewers 

1 hour ago, Ashylarry said:

Top 3 for sure

Kidding aside, Arch is pretty fucking fast 

Maybe none of this is actually true, but to my eyes from 30 rows up, he looked bigger, faster, and stronger than Ewers, and his arm looked even stronger. Dude's gonna be a monster imho.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

He threw a pass into traffic and the end zone shot wasn't great, but Manning's fundamentals looked outstanding. 

Adrenaline dump probably had him feeling like he was throwing with someone else's arm there for a bit.  

I saw all I needed to see on the replay from behind on the play where he scrambled right for a nice gain.  Quiet feet, shoulders cocked.  Kid's absolutely got the details down to a degree Ewers can only dream of.  Helps having a grandad and 2 uncles who were stud QBs, but still.

I know both Arch and Ewers had nearly perfect ratings from every recruiting service, but Arch is the only one of the two as a freshman that looks like an actual 5* plus with his mechanics, footwork, and agility. I hope Ewers and Arch can co-exist next year without either hitting the portal this offseason because odds are both will get plenty of playing time next season in the SEC.